GTP & GTS EXCLUSIVE Gran Turismo 5 Retail Overview (SIXTH final Update)

• Thread starter amar212
  • 1,904 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep checking but I don't think Amar is already able to know the answer to the only question I care about (mid-race saves in 24H races), I suppose those events are still too far ahead of his probable career status.

I'll return in a few hours to read the update then.

And again ... many thanks Amar, keep it up! 👍

Hey amar do you think you can answer 2 small questions for me?

1. Do cars accumulate miles like in gt3 and gt4. I always have liked that part of the game to keep track of how much I drive my cars.

2. Can you rally any car? I would love to build my own rally cars like in the older ones.

Thanks so much, either way great job in keeping us updated!

Good job mods, looks like the thread was trimmed by like 10 pages!

I'm going to be VERY careful how I word this ask...

I'm very interested in an objective comparison between GT and the"other" racing sim. I don't want a debate but a personal opinion from Amar or anyone else playing.

I would do this myself if I had GT5 and I was once a top 1% tuner, designer, lap times, and photographer in the other sim so I think it would be easier to understand the OP's analysis...

Again, I don't want to start a fan boy debate but rather discuss objectively so I/we can get a good idea what it would be transitioning back to the GT world as racing game fans and gamers...

Here is an example:
GT5 does a great job of portraying the feeling of inertia where as "fza" it feels more flat and absent of any lateral feedback, but more like F1 where you can really feel if your over working your tires... or something to this effect...

Would this be the wrong place for that?

Hi Amar, appreciate the work and information you have put through-out the years for our community so I would like to say thank you :)

One two part question if you may, I think you voted against doing this in one of the polls :sly: but, have you tried or should I say will you try to move over your GT5:P car list or your GTPSP garage over, as we know this is for arcade mode and not GT mode. If you do not want to spoil your save can you transfer it on another PS username that you do not mind trying it out on :dopey:

Thanks again and appreciate your hard work 👍

Could someone please tell me in the clutch works as an of/off switch or is it full analog??
I can't find the answer to that.

Amar if you have played Enthusia on PS2 before could you tell me how its car physics compare to GT5?

For me Enthusia has the most realistic and best driving physics of a console racing simulator in my experience.

Thanks

Regarding bitrate, didn't GTPSP require some sort of ridiculus hoops to jump through in order to use personal music? Amar would you please clear up this bitrate issue?

Hello Amar,

Really appreciate what you're doing.

A question here for you if you can spare the time:

Something I loved from previous GT games is that you can make each and every one of your cars unique to your taste, in GT5, what can we do to make Premiums and Standards unique? i.e rims, body-kit, spoilers etc. I know Standards do not allow this, but what do Standards allow? Surely something? I'd hate to race online with identical looking cars!

Regarding bitrate, didn't GTPSP require some sort of ridiculus hoops to jump through in order to use personal music? Amar would you please clear up this bitrate issue?

He did.

(GT5 will only accept 48, 42 and 20.05 bitrate files (Wav and MP3.) ) uploaded to your PS3 music Library, in separate folder.

Edit: The Tree of life.

Seeing that makes GT5 look so lame in comparison :/

THis is a CG. Some Ingame videos from gt5 looks way better than this. GT5 CGS are almost real... could be easily used as an car AD campaign without some people notice that the footage is coming from a game.

That's not possible. That's worse that a poorly tuned AM radio station! Someone suggested Amar was referring on "sample rates". Why would GT5 require a horrible bitrate while every other game that uses personal music plays tracks "as is"? Think logically folks. Which
Is why I asked for clarification.

I think I'll ask again since it seems to have been eroded:

Just noticed this thread. I've been doing some investigating today and when you get the chance, could you count the amount of tracks available in arcade mode? One of the early leaked videos interestingly had 77 tracks available from seemingly the start, which outnumbers the total 74 from the "Official list". I'd like to see if this stays consistant with your retail copy seeing as it appears you've just started it not too long ago.

And one more question: can you preview the series races in the career mode as you could in previous GTs?

That's not possible. That's worse that a poorly tuned AM radio station! Someone suggested Amar was referring on "sample rates". Why would GT5 require a horrible bitrate while every other game that uses personal music plays tracks "as is"? Think logically folks. Which
Is why I asked for clarification.

Dave its not KBPS its KHZ(easy mistake to make, as Amar said it was bitrate.)...48.0KHZ sampling rate could apply to MP3 or WAV(or most audio files)

The quality of your files is determined by the BITRATE (KBPS) (which along with length also determines Size) or how much data its processing per second(a 60 second file of 320kbps is 60x320=1.92mb total size)

Higher bitrate=clearer, more defined sound, broader frequency range.

MP3s(narrow freq range) top at 320kbps, FLAC(medium range) operates around 800-1000kbps and WAV (full range) are 1000+kbps.

So I assume they can be any bitrate so long as the sample rate is one of those 48(which is more common) and 42 20.05(which in my experience are uncommon). The most common format is 44.1khz which is not included, strangely.

Last edited:
Looking forward to Amars update, he is doing a great job of telling it as it is!

Also my ignore list has been getting a hammering these last few weeks!

Amar, are you playing with the H-shifter? How does it feel? is the clutch on/off or analog? Is there automatic throttle blip when you change down (and if there is, can it be turned off so you can do heel and toe yourself)? What happens if you have clutch enabled but try to change gears without pressing the clutch? Can you flatshift or does the game automatically cut the throttle?

No question, just a little comment:

Amar, thanks heaps for doing this! Keep up the good work and don't let the trolls frustrate you. :)👍

Thanks for clearing that up xepegtp! Yeah I wish the PS3 could play FLAC's, I'm tired of converting (downgrading) my music to V0 ;)

Most of the people that hopped on to GTP the last 4 yrs don't really have a clue who and how much respect and decency Amar is and deserves...

In my opinion, i only read his because i know i won't get that many spoilers, he's an honest good journalist, doesn't push anything and digs really deep to be innovative, honest about new stuff and put that in realistic words for us, to understand it as a GT fan... Those people understand him... But all the rest of you... Nada, nothing... Just kill his thread so you can make one... omg i hope i'll return here when i get it, i hope we "oldies" all return...

You new guys don't have a clue in what for real old community you are...
It's not about who's got the first copy and blablabla... that's not the point of this forum... It's not about how much you need to answer...

Grow up, and then come back here please, grow some mind...

this i posted somewhere else but was mented for here, when it was closed tx to those, boys...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back