GT5 Damage -- Did I miss something?

• Thread starter lirathal
  • 69 comments
There are a few threads that mention damage will be an update to GT5, but it's funny in playing my B-Spec today, I found that damage was already enabled, at least for him. I can attach a photo if needed.

Did I miss something?

Its not an update.. its just that in the single player mode it gets unlocked after certain levels.

I think its already enabled in the arcade mode split screen.. my friend was racing with zonda, and after a crash or two, the back wing on the car got deformed..

People are whining that damage isn't sensitive or obvious enough. Try to ignore these people, they will ruin your enjoyment of GT5.

People are whining that damage isn't sensitive or obvious enough. Try to ignore these people, they will ruin your enjoyment of GT5.

I'm not sure if this is directed at myself or someone else, but I'm enjoying my GT5 experience :).

I was just surprised to notice the damage on the B-Spec model and was like 'cool!' when I saw it. I just had not read anything about that specifically, but now I can understand that it's unlocked as I get higher in levels.

Thanks

I'm still waiting to unlock damage; I want to be punished for my bad driving :P

I'm level 15 now, so I've got a long way to go but hopefully it will be worth it.

At this point I'm just looking for mechanical damage. I went online and did some racing and we amassed quite a bit of damage but to be honest guys it's woeful looking. The damage I seen was just a distort tool being applied to the graphics. A Mach-1 rear was almost caved in. Do you think any of the lights broke? Not at all, they just distorted like going into a black hole in a bad sci-fi movie. It's better than nothing but barely. I did seem to suffer some handling, or it could be I just cooked the tires afterwhile but other than that a patch is needed.

How's the damage model affecting driving and lap times? If you smash up the driver's side, is there a pull to that side? Are cornering speeds lower if you mess up the aerodynamics? Does the car feel any different?

That's what I'm more concerned with than the visuals to be honest. I don't want to have to race perfect laps otherwise you can't finish, but if the whole damage implementation is just visual, then what's the point.

Its not an update.. its just that in the single player mode it gets unlocked after certain levels.

I think its already enabled in the arcade mode split screen.. my friend was racing with zonda, and after a crash or two, the back wing on the car got deformed..

Except KAZ, the GAMES creator said there will be an update, learn the facts.

As far as I know, damage is already in the game, you just have to unlock it at higher levels.

Its moronic to have to UNLOCK a damage model, and they said an update will come. I know people on lvl 40 and the damage is still barely there. Damage should be there first race.

Odly enough, mechanical damage is on for me, but only in Arcade mode. (Has been from the start)

I can practically total cars, to the point where they can only drive a fraction of their top speed and can't drive in straight lines (Even the AI cars can be damaged until they can hardly move).

Quit it with the level myth, it's not true. Just 'cause some Italian dude uploaded a video showing damage with a bunch of text no one could understand except the number 40, does not mean he was saying "You need to be level 40 to enable damage". In fact he was saying the complete opposite and now this rumour has spiraled out of control. I've been out at level 3 and gotten the same amount of damage as several of the videos have shown.

Odly enough, mechanical damage is on for me, but only in Arcade mode. (Has been from the start)

I can practically total cars, to the point where they can only drive a fraction of their top speed and can't drive in straight lines (Even the AI cars can be damaged until they can hardly move).

Strange that the feature would be in arcade mode. I would assume that would be the mode with no damage whatsoever. I'll have to check that out.

The higher level you get in A-Spec, the more severe the damage becomes. When I broke into the 20s, I snapped this after about 10 or so head-ons into Madrid's barriers:

They're whining because damage starts at an upper level and is very mild at first, getting progressively more sensitive as you advance in levels. At least that's the way it seems.

I'm Level 15 and tried to do the "parts fall off" trophy last night. I gave up after going back and forth hitting the wall on Tokyo Route 246's straight for 20 minutes. I can see all the parts is out of place but they would not fall of. Hopefully the damage per level is true, I'll have to try again later on.

They're whining because damage starts at an upper level and is very mild at first, getting progressively more sensitive as you advance in levels. At least that's the way it seems.
Has this been confirmed? I think a lot of people are going off rumors they've heard on the internet.

I've been able to duplicate the severe visual damage (and slight mechanical damage) shown in the supposed level 40 damage video with the Ford WRC car. I did this early on in the game in arcade mode (level 15). I'm only guessing but I honestly think that premium WRC models might be the only cars that can receive that level of damage (doors falling off, etc.). I haven't seen screenshots of any other cars with their doors coming off besides WRC (please post them if I'm wrong). My tests of the NASCAR and other premium models have only shown damage more in line with Sum1s2pid's screenshot (deformation, rather than total destruction).

I look forward to complaints about the damage being too severe once the higher tiers are unlocked.

:lol:

Has this been confirmed? I think a lot of people are going off rumors they've heard on the internet.

I've been able to duplicate the severe visual damage (and slight mechanical damage) shown in the supposed level 40 damage video with the Ford WRC car. I did this early on in the game in arcade mode (level 15). I'm only guessing but I honestly think that premium WRC models might be the only cars that can receive that level of damage (doors falling off, etc.). I haven't seen screenshots of any other cars with their doors coming off besides WRC (please post them if I'm wrong). My tests of the NASCAR and other premium models have only shown damage more in line with Sum1s2pid's screenshot (deformation, rather than total destruction).

I agree with you, people might be going by rumors. On my first few races I got some small dents on my Civic, and over on Arcade the WRC cars get full damage. I thinks damage just have to do with individual cars, some get body panels falling off and stronger deformation and some just minor scratches nor really depending on levels and Kaz' comment on "will come later" meant will come with a patch. I just try to avoid crashes.

As I've suggested before, we need to have different people test the EXACT SAME premium car at the EXACT SAME TRACK in the EXACT SAME situations to put this to bed.

I also need help with this, so annoying, I think some GT5 games not have not been installed correctly or maybe even have a faulty GT5 disc.

How ever I saw a rear bumper nearly falling off on the Camaro SS 10 in career mode Endurance Laguna Seca, I'll see if I can try that car.

Does the car have to be from Arcade selection?

I have had this game since the beginning of 2011, still not 40 A-Spec, it has to take this this long to unlock a function of racing?

Last edited:
Back