///DR's Fanatec Clubsport Pedals Tuning Kit Review/Guide\\\

Ive had a tunning kit on order for a while and still no word of it, ahem!

Although my throttle has not stopped working also, likely either the board or sensor and now the power up issue Ive had twice 👎

Not good mate. What did Thomas say? or have you had no reply yet?

I got a couple of spare sensors from buying a spare PCB previously.
So will give them a try. If that doesnt work looks like I will need another PCB board.

Last time it was the "Brake" to have this issue, frustrating is all as my pedals have not been used massive amounts.

We announced the shipping date of the CSP TKITS in EU for October and we will keep it but it will be late Oct.

Yes, I'm so looking forward to it, great addition.

I have my GT3RSV2 on the road from Germany to Croatia and I can't wait to assemble everything.

My new Rinoseat GTR will come with preparation for both G25 and Fanatec mounts, so I'll put some pictures after I'm done with everything.

Looking forward to the Tuning Kit before November 👍

We announced the shipping date of the CSP TKITS in EU for October and we will keep it but it will be late Oct.

Thanks for the update. Awaiting my Tuning Kits and Carbon Shifters. Claudia said they're both due in at the end of October. 👍

The problem I have with all this fanatec kit is most people who buy it spend more time P##sing about altering everything from the wheel to the pedals, than actually racing.

When I get in an road car I'm not having to change how the wheel and pedals feel, It just feels wright out of the box.

I think there is something inherently wrong with a product when you have to constantly adjust it to get it to feel how it should.👎

The problem I have with all this fanatec kit is most people who buy it spend more time P##sing about altering everything from the wheel to the pedals, than actually racing.

When I get in an road car I'm not having to change how the wheel and pedals feel, It just feels wright out of the box.

I think there is something inherently wrong with a product when you have to constantly adjust it to get it to feel how it should.👎

Ok...
Not everyone is exactly the same. Everyone likes something a little different and this Fanatec kit allows one to adjust their pedals just how they like them. It is not stupid and neither are people who adjust their pedals, they just want a different feeling that is perhaps better for them. Nothing is wrong with the product...

Wow you gonna post that now in every Fanatec thread??

lame:tdown:👎
L

When I get in an road car I'm not having to change how the wheel and pedals feel, It just feels right out of the box.

That's an incredibly naive or ignorant statement to make (imo)...

The thing that's great abut the 'Fanatec Kit' as you put it, IS the adjust-ability and custom-ability. You tailor the brake position, brake feel, brake pressure, pedal position, gas pedal position, gas pedal strength, clutch pedal position, clutch strength, (you get the idea) all to your personal preference, liking, comfort, ergonomics, etc...

Would you not if you had the opportunity alter anything on your car to make it feel better or more comfortable to drive? And would you not if you had the opportunity upgrade certain aspects to again aid comfort and drive-ability?

This is what the 'Fanatec Kit' does, it gives you that choice.

I finally got around to installing this kit yesterday, and it went pretty much as planned. I'd suggest that future installers think about disconnecting all the wires from the main processing board before installing the new brass bushings. I don't know how you could do this without disconnecting those, as my wires weren't long enough to allow the pedals to slide off the main rod. I did it after the fact, but it would have been easier if I'd done it from the get go AND I wouldn't have had to experience a few tense moments when the control wires were bound up more than I'd like to see!

As far as the kit itself, I'm very happy with the result -- I just used DR's choice of springs/braking rod/foam and imo it's much better than stock. Gas pedal is much stiffer, allowing greater modulation and the brake has a much shorter throw/feel which is more natural for me. Can't comment on the clutch, as I've never installed the shifters on my Obutto as I'm waiting for Fanatec to release their Clubsport shifter.

I also installed the improved paddle shifters, and I really like those as well. They've been spaced deeper, and are larger so if you do have to move your hands from the racing position you can still hit the paddles if needed. Not a big deal if you use the shifters though, once the new shifter is released this will be a non-issue for me as well. BUT, that carbon fiber is still damn sexy...

Thanks again for the review DR -- if Fanatec reads this, they should know that I purchased the tuning kit based on your recommendation here. ;)

I got mine friday but still had no time to install it.

I also thought that the gas pedal was a bit too weak and seeing the gas springs and the clutch springs, I will also opt for The weaker clutch spring.
On the PU and rods, still no idea. Will probably try the setup of DR.

But when will i have the motivation to install it?? GT5 is too tempting ;)

Yes, I'm so looking forward to it, great addition.

I have my GT3RSV2 on the road from Germany to Croatia and I can't wait to assemble everything.

My new Rinoseat GTR will come with preparation for both G25 and Fanatec mounts, so I'll put some pictures after I'm done with everything.

Looking forward to the Tuning Kit before November 👍

Have you received your Rinoseat yet? You live in the same city they're made, so I assume you must have yours by now.

Can you post pictures

Thanks for the guide. I just got done with pretty much the same mods you made. Now I just need to wait for my little girl to go to bed so I can do some in-depth testing :) In the meantime here is my initial feedback.

First I installed the brass bushings instead of the plastic ones. You were absolutely right - this was the most difficult part. The bar is a very tight fit within the new bushings so it took some very carefully applied force to get it reassembled. I also made sure to get some of included metal lubricant in there with each part as I slid them back onto the bar. As you quite rightly pointed out - great care is well advised with the wires!!

I installed the weak clutch spring on the throttle per your suggestion and it certainly feels better. When just squeezing the springs outside of the whole assembly it felt like the weak clutch spring would be too strong for the throttle but when installed it feels lighter than I would have guessed. I suspect I'm gonna be happy with this, although I might even consider going one step stronger. Hard to tell until I've had a few good driving sessions.

I also put in the longer brake bar and stiffer brake foam. I can immediately tell that this feels far far better than stock. Much more like a racecar now. Can't wait to do some driving to see how it translates to in-game feel.

I just wanted to add for anyone else considering these mods that you can accomplish the necessary changes to springs, brake bars, foam etc when you remove the center bar to install the brass bushings. You do not need to disassemble a second time as shown in Thomas's Fanatec video (although that is certainly an option and there may be reasons to do it that way that I am not recognizing).

Anyway thanks again Delphic. I'll let you know if I discover anything else in my adventures....

Just noticed one other thing. My kit (just received it today) has one more part than the one pictured at the top of the thread. Here is a pic of the part. Anyone know what this is for ?

This is a replacement axis made of steel for gas and clutch. The first versions of the CSP had brass axis which can wear off after long use.

Fanatec...
This is a replacement axis made of steel for gas and clutch. The first versions of the CSP had brass axis which can wear off after long use.

Ah! Good to know. Thanks Thomas.

So I just got my tuning kit and I'm going to try some of the mods suggested here - especially for the gas spring strength. Did Fanatec move to brass bushings in production of the CSP at some point? I noticed that my pedals already have brass bushings - didn't know how or why, unless later production releases were upgraded from the factory.

So I just got my tuning kit and I'm going to try some of the mods suggested here - especially for the gas spring strength. Did Fanatec move to brass bushings in production of the CSP at some point? I noticed that my pedals already have brass bushings - didn't know how or why, unless later production releases were upgraded from the factory.

I think Thomas will have to answer that. All 3 sets of CSP's I have worked on had plastic bushings.

Good luck with your mods, and be careful of the wires/connectors.

;)

Right there :)
cspbushings.jpg

We changed to brass bearings this year so all current inventory of CSPs already has the new bearings.

Great news - thanks!

Now to spread the good cheer:

First person who has been registered at GT Planet at least prior to today who posts a picture of your CSPs with plastic bushings to this thread can have my extra brass bearings from my tuning kit. I'll even pay for postage if you are in the USA!

I just received these in the post and for some reason my gas pedal wiggles a bit and also is squeaky/sticky when I push on it. I was wondering if I used too much lube or the wrong kind of lube (used the "metal" lube in the kit").

Also for the brake is the first throw position, with the hardest foam and the longest rod still your recommended settings (iRacing V8 super cars)? Just wondering what gave you the best feel.

Thanks.

I just received these in the post and for some reason my gas pedal wiggles a bit and also is squeaky/sticky when I push on it. I was wondering if I used too much lube or the wrong kind of lube (used the "metal" lube in the kit").

Also for the brake is the first throw position, with the hardest foam and the longest rod still your recommended settings (iRacing V8 super cars)? Just wondering what gave you the best feel.

Thanks.

I would definitely recommend going over all the fittings/connectors and make sure they are all tight. Make sure you use the metal lube, only on the metal components (metal rods), and the foam lube only on the foam pieces (direct application to the foam).

I reapply the metal lube every so often, as I start to hear the "squeak" from the gas/clutch pedals. If the brake starts to feel a bit too stiff, add some foam lubricant.

As for your last question... I found that setup to be the best "feel" for me, but some may prefer an even shorter throw, ala open wheel/GT1/GT2/GT3, etc... I like it to be somewhere in-between, since I drive everything from road cars to F1, so I felt it was the best compromise.

;)

Back