JG's Tune Shop - 4 endurance tunes up! [73 TUNES][OPEN]

• Thread starter GfxJG
  • 779 comments
Not as long as my Ferrari 458 or Honda HSC reviews, but this was done with half the time…

Golf GTI RM review:

Before-

‘This is the Golf GTI RM, the ultimate hot hatch. You can forget the 147, you can forget the C4 or any other hot hatch you care to mention, this will beat just about everything’. This is what I said was my first impressions of this car when I reviewed it for RKM. And even after driving just about every one of their cars and some of JG’s fastest, it still holds true. It feels like its got a stick of dynamite shoved up its 🤬 and will run rings around every FF car you could think off. Be it a 600+hp SRT4 or a Integra Type R RM, it’ll beat them all around a track. Part of that is due to the light weight, it only weighs ~900kg, part of that is due to the tires, but mostly, it is due to the gearbox. The ratios are set so closely together there are barely any gaps left in between. The downside is that the top speed is just over 130mph, the upsides though, are that when you enter, exit, or just touch the throttle, it’ll go BANG! and hit the redline with all 312hp and explode forwards. And don’t think it can’t handle bends either. The combination of those racing soft tires and the aerodynamic grip means that pinned to the road no matter how hard you fling it around. Laptime wise, it lapped the TGTT in a relatively quick 1:13.118, and if we remember, the NSX-R, on sport softs, did a 1:10.xxx. So it’s a car that feels very fast, until you look at the laptimes. And if I were to complain about anything on this, it would be the fact that the gearbox, yea it makes this car go like a *******, but it’s far too short for this track. You hit the limiter before you even get to the brake point. And…that’s about it for improvements. Still, let’s see what the tune does.

After-

‘It's an FF. It will understeer. And will continue to do so until we can change the laws of physics.’ Don’t think so mate :) This will not do anything other than stick to its rightful place in the road. It’s got even more downforce and even more grip, and as a result, is (obviously) faster. Ok, it doesn’t go down the straights as quickly with the longer gears, but in the corners, it more than makes up for it by just gripping to the apex where the stock one would run wide. It also beats the stock car on the straight. Although the stock one will get the head start with the gear settings, this will just walk past as the normal one, which bangs on the limiter at 125mph, while doing 134+mph. So it’s fast, it can corner and most importantly of all, it’s fun. It’s not the lift-off-oversteer-if-you-corner-too-hard type of fun, more of the grip-to-the-end-of-the-world-no-matter-what-you-do type of fun. You throw it into a turn at…any reasonably insane speed, and moments later, you exit the corner going just as quickly, if not quicker while leaving the competition for dead. That type of feeling you’ll never get used to, nor will you tire of it. And with a lap of 1:12.390, it now has a little bit more pace to match the racing car interior and name.

Laptimes: (Tested on TGTT)
1:13.118 (before)
1:12.390 (after)

o.O Thanks for the review guys. Supermelon, I owe you a tune =P Crazed_Coupe, no. I have... Bad experiences with the Yellowbird =P

Also, Supermelon, the fact that you used Sports Hard instead of Sports Soft may also have had an impact on the performance of teh tune. Just saying.

Yes I know it's a very fun but tricky car I guess you could say.
XD

It certainly was understeering with my DS3 and driving style =P But thanks ;D I think I owe you at least 3 tunes by now =P Just tell me when you want them =P

o.O Thanks for the review guys. Supermelon, I owe you a tune =P Crazed_Coupe, no. I have... Bad experiences with the Yellowbird =P

Also, Supermelon, the fact that you used Sports Hard instead of Sports Soft may also have had an impact on the performance of teh tune. Just saying.

I agree with you. The car is tuned on Sports Soft so the settings won't be perfectly optimized for Sports Hard tires, but I am really impressed that even on SH tires you've managed to rid the Civic of its understeer. 👍

I'll try out the tune on SS tires and report back. :)

Amuse Nismo 380 RS Superleggera
511 BHP @ 7200 RPM - 55 KGFM @ 5500 RPM - 1120 KG - 584 PP

ToscanaTarmac.jpg

Base Model
Amuse Nismo 380RS Superleggera - Aquired via New Car Dealership

GT Auto
Oil Change
Aero Parts

Tuning Shop
Rigidity Improvement
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Fully Customisable Transmission
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Racing Soft Tires

-------------------

Ballast
Ballast Amount: 0 KG
Ballast Position: 0

Aerodynamics
20/35

Power Limiter
100.0%

Transmission
1st Gear: 3.081
2nd Gear: 2.084
3rd Gear: 1.552
4th Gear: 1.216
5th Gear: 0.998
6th Gear: 0.842

Final Gear: 3.666
Max Speed: 350 KPH

LSD
Initial Torque: 30
Acceleration Sensitivity: 55
Braking Sensitivity: 30

Suspension
Ride Height: -10/-25
Spring Rate: 13.4/10.5
Dampers (Extension): 7/6
Dampers (Compression): 7/6
Anti-Roll Bars: 6/5

Camber Angle: 2.5/2.0
Toe Angle: -0.10/0.05

Brakes
Brake Balance: 6/5

Driving Aids
Tuned with everything off except Driving Line (affects nothing for the car) and ABS at 1.

-------------------

Tuners Comments
Lol. This car is beast. The first few hundered kilometers on this was done using one of RKM's Fairlady Z-something tunes. Then I figured I might as well develop my own tune. Also, I tried using this on Sports Softs. I failed.

Toyota FT-86 SuperSport
408 BHP @ 7900 RPM - 37 KGFM @ 7400 RPM - 910 KG - 525 PP

SpecialStageRoute5_1.jpg

Base Model
Toyota FT-86 G Sports Concept '10 - Aquired via New Car Dealership

GT Auto
Oil Change

Tuning Shop
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
High RPM Turbo Kit
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable LSD
Sports Soft Tires

-------------------

Ballast

Aerodynamics
/

Power Limiter
100.0%

Transmission
1st Gear: 2.945
2nd Gear: 2.047
3rd Gear: 1.554
4th Gear: 1.221
5th Gear: 0.998
6th Gear: 0.840

Final Gear: 4.300
Max Speed: 300 KPH

LSD
Initial Torque: 28
Acceleration Sensitivity: 52
Braking Sensitivity: 15

Suspension
Ride Height: -30/-30
Spring Rate: 11.3/7.8
Dampers (Extension): 7/7
Dampers (Compression): 6/6
Anti-Roll Bars: 6/6

Camber Angle: 3.2/2.6
Toe Angle: 0.00/-0.10

Brakes
Brake Balance: 5/6

Driving Aids
Tuned with everything off except Driving Line (affects nothing for the car) and ABS at 1.

-------------------

Tuners Comments
Aight. This thing isn't gonna break any records. Just so that's straight. It also understeers. And oversteers. But god it's fun to drive.

I love the FT-86. I thought it handled alright on my DS3 and was pretty quick for it's HP. I'll have to check this Tune out and see how it fairs up with my unfinished DS3 Tune on a DFGT.

Meh. I'm gonna take a break from tuning for a while. It just doesn't seem fun with all this backward settings stuff messing with my head.

Meh. I'm gonna take a break from tuning for a while. It just doesn't seem fun with all this backward settings stuff messing with my head.

Which settings is backwards?

I've been messing around with suspension settings,but some things just don't feel right and i can't put my finger on it.Knowing which settings are backwards would help out a lot.

I don't know. All I know is that after being told that some of the suspension settings are backwards, I haven't been able to get the car to do as I want. I know it's all in my head, but until this backwards issue is resolved... Meh.

I don't know. All I know is that after being told that some of the suspension settings are backwards, I haven't been able to get the car to do as I want. I know it's all in my head, but until this backwards issue is resolved... Meh.

Well that stinks.Hopefully they'll notice their mistake and get these values fixed.Maybe we will get a patch soon on this.

It would be nice as i would like to start my own garage soon.

Enjoy your break, hopefully it'll be enough for you to regain your motivation. And why not just continue tuning the very same way you have been since you started? The values may be different, but isn't it all just trial and error?

Enjoy your break, hopefully it'll be enough for you to regain your motivation. And why not just continue tuning the very same way you have been since you started? The values may be different, but isn't it all just trial and error?

That is true. And I also know that everything that makes it seem as if the car isn't doing as I want it to, is all in my head. I know. But I can't help it =P

Corvette Z06 (C2) Race Car
630 BHP @ 7500 RPM - 66 KGFM @ 5500 RPM - 1168 KG - 609 PP

RoadCourse-Daytona_3.jpg

Base Model
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C2) Race Car '63 - Aquired via Used Car Dealership

GT Auto
Oil Change
Engine Overhaul
Restore Body Rigidity

Tuning Shop
Rigidity Improvement
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Fully Customisable LSD
Racing Soft Tires

-------------------

Ballast
Ballast Position: -50

Aerodynamics
50/70

Power Limiter
100.0%

Transmission
1st Gear: 2.856
2nd Gear: 1.882
3rd Gear: 1.382
4th Gear: 1.059
5th Gear: 0.852

Final Gear: 3.700
Max Speed: 320 KPH

LSD
Initial Torque: 10
Acceleration Sensitivity: 40
Braking Sensitivity: 20

Suspension
Ride Height: -35/-35
Spring Rate: 12.0/10.0
Dampers (Extension): 8/8
Dampers (Compression): 7/7
Anti-Roll Bars: 6/6

Camber Angle: 2.5/2.0
Toe Angle: 0.00/-0.10

Brakes
Brake Balance: 5/6

Driving Aids

-------------------

Tuners Comments
Not really much to be tuned here. Some suspension, aero and gearing tweaks and that's about it.

Subaru Impreza Xtreme Touring Car
528 BHP @ 8000 RPM - 61 KGFM @ 4500 RPM - 1030 KG - 612 PP

EifelCircuit.jpg

Base Model
Subaru Impreza Super Touring Car - Aquired via Used Car Dealership

GT Auto
Oil Change
Engine Overhaul
Restore Body Rigidity

Tuning Shop
Rigidity Improvement
Titanium Racing Exhaust
High RPM Turbo Kit
Torque Distributing Center Differential
Fully Customisable LSD
Racing Soft Tires

-------------------

Ballast
Ballast Position: -50

Aerodynamics
35/60

Power Limiter
100.0%

Transmission
1st Gear: 2.981
2nd Gear: 2.017
3rd Gear: 1.544
4th Gear: 1.194
5th Gear: 0.952
6th Gear: 0.796

Final Gear: 3.910
Max Speed: 350 KPH

LSD
Initial Torque: 6/8
Acceleration Sensitivity: 16/24
Braking Sensitivity: 11/13

Torque Split: 30/70

Suspension
Ride Height: -26/-30
Spring Rate: 12.5/14.8
Dampers (Extension): 7/8
Dampers (Compression): 6/7
Anti-Roll Bars: 3/6

Camber Angle: 2.8/2.4
Toe Angle: -0.10/-0.15

Brakes
Brake Balance: 7/8

Driving Aids

Tuned on:
Suzuka Circuit

-------------------

Tuners Comments
*Insert generic description of how awesome this car is here*

Yeah, but the opening is too. I think I'm gonna ditch tuning completely, just updating with cars I've tuned for fun... I prefer photography better TBH =P

Yeah, but the opening is too. I think I'm gonna ditch tuning completely, just updating with cars I've tuned for fun... I prefer photography better TBH =P

Whatever it is that makes you happy, keep doing it :) I've enjoyed your work to date, and no doubt will keep my eye on this thread for any experimental releases.

I'm curious to know if the rumours are true that PD have done something about the smoking jaggies. Man, do they spoil a decent photo...

{Cy}

A BAMF Toyota Supra
336 BHP @ 5500 RPM - 56 KGFM @ 3500 RPM - 1228 KG - 492 PP

ToscanaTarmac_11.jpg

Base Model
Toyota Supra RZ '97 - Aquired via Used Car Dealership

GT Auto
Oil Change
Engine Overhaul
Restore Body Rigidity

Tuning Shop
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable LSD
Sports Soft Tires

-------------------

Ballast

Aerodynamics
/

Power Limiter
100.0%

Transmission
1st Gear: 2.844
2nd Gear: 1.987
3rd Gear: 1.485
4th Gear: 1.190
5th Gear: 0.987
6th Gear: 0.849

Final Gear: 3.405
Max Speed: 290 KPH

LSD
Initial Torque: 10
Acceleration Sensitivity: 20
Braking Sensitivity: 15

Suspension
Ride Height: -24/-18
Spring Rate: 8.4/14.1
Dampers (Extension): 4/8
Dampers (Compression): 3/7
Anti-Roll Bars: 3/7

Camber Angle: 3.4/2.8
Toe Angle: -0.24/-0.28

Brakes
Brake Balance: 7/8

Driving Aids

Tuned on:
Special Stage Route 5/Trial Mountain

-------------------

Tuners Comments
For those of you who weren't aware, I love Supra's. A lot. I really, really love Supra's. So therefore, it only made sense for me to tune my favourite Supra of all time. The RZ of 1997.

UPDATE 2.0: I have revamped the tune a bit and fixed some of the problems that Onboy mentioned. Acceleration is minorly improved, but adjusting the Final Gear and you can have your own gear ratios. But, I have noticed one thing. The higher the Final Gear, the more understeer this car has. That's just how it is.

Last edited:
Gone?!!?!?!!??!!?!????!!?! No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:( :( :( :( :( WHYYYY?!?!?!? Actually I know why but still, COME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, you don't know why =P I figured out the backwards tuning, so it's not that. Exams are still there, but the time consuming ones are over (Got A+ on both hell yeah!). I'm just stopping because I don't find tuning fun anymore. As said, I may still update once in a while, but general rule, I'm over =P

Normally, I have a very strict schedule for my reviews. I will review the car on that day and very rarely will anything disrupt this process. Today, I was supposed to write a review for RKM, but this is one of those rare occasions when I’ll ignore my schedule. It’s only happened once before, but that’s a different story altogether. So what’s overthrown my schedule? What is possibly more important than writing the review I promised myself to deliver on time? It’s this. The Toyota Supra. The last car to be tuned by JG. He may just be leaving us because of a lack of motivation for now. But chances are, it’ll be awhile before we see anything to come from this great contributor to GT5 tuning (maybe an exaggeration, but he does deserve more attention so that’s what I’ll say for now). Last tunes are always special, and when the car in question is the tuner’s favourite, it should be one hell of a car.

And it is. It‘s easily the best RZ I’ve driven, all the ones before were high-lag monstrosities with the grace of a rhino in the bends. This feels planted, grips to the road like it’s on rails and can give tuned GTR and S2000s a run for their money in the corners. And the GTR and S2000 in question all sport over 100hp more and are on the same tyres. This car is so good that I’ve got the summary to the tune already thought out. But that’s at the end. I’ve still got to talk about the car now for a bit first. It doesn’t roll about like a pillow, which is good, and it can strike the balance of light-weight edginess and heavy-weight grace better than any other car. You can dive into the raised kerbs of SSR5, hook the inner two wheels into the kerb and when you launch out of the corner on two wheels, it’ll still grip when most cars would have started to slide.

And it feels so perfectly balanced, this. You can corner at seemingly impossible speeds without thinking ‘Oh god, I’m going to die!’. You just touch the brakes, and with the grace of an angel, it drifts into the corner and with almost zero input from you, you arc out of the bend. Don’t think that this means the Supra is a car which requires zero commitment though. To get the most out of it, you have to drive it, not hard, but you need to take part. And then, it’ll soar pass just about anything in the corners. There isn’t much that I don’t like about this. The gearbox might need to be tuned to give more acceleration, and there’s still some understeer to be tuned out, but that’s just two tiny niggles getting in the way of an otherwise brilliant tune, a brilliant car. Lap time wise, it did a 1:34.012 on SSR5, only 2 seconds down on the RKM NSX. And if we remember, that has 200kg less to carry around and has 80 more hp to carry that weight with.
JG, you know when I did my first review for you and asked you what you considered your ‘signature car’. Well, this is it. A turbocharged V6 whale turned into something entirely different through the dark art of tuning. Give it a few updates and it’ll be one to rival RKM’s best very soon.

Now, to summaries. A tune should replicate the shop owner’s character and style. If the tune shop in question is MFT, it should be as mad as the car’s limitations will allow. RKM, the most all round and fun. LDP, dangerous (I’ve yet to check this one, but someday I will). And with JG, it should be not too showy on the outside, but very capable inside. And if it’s a last tune, it should define the limitations of the tuner’s character. If it was MFT’s last tune, it should be the maddest they’ve done. RKM, the most all round and the biggest laugh. And this Supra really does seem to reflect and define my view on JG’s character. It’s humble, subtle, understated, (underrated even) on the outside, but inside, it’s determined, and has the capabilities to punch much harder than what you could possibly perceive. Trust me on this, when he comes back, if he ever does, and updates this tune, everyone out there had better be worried. Like I said, with a few updates and improvements, this will give nearly every car in its class a damn good spanking. For now though, enjoy your break my friend, and rest assure that your return will always be welcome. We need more happy-go-lucky people like you here. It makes this place so much nicer as a community.

Last edited:
Back