Mad FinnTuners Co. - Finished 081213 - The Final Countdown, 4, 3, 2, 1, OUT!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 1,705 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ferrari California GTC '08

650+ bhp, 620+ Nm, 1321 kg, PP 595
Painted in Celeste Met from Ferrari

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
New Wheels, Advan RG II, finished in Nero from Ferrari
Front Splitter Type A
Rear Wing Type A
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Fully Customizable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customizable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

Overall cost: Around half a million Cr.

Aerodynamics
Downforce: 15 / 25

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Max speed, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.428
2nd: 2.472
3rd: 1.915
4th: 1.550
5th: 1.325
6th: 1.150
7th: 1.000
Final Gear: 3.800

Max speed: 290 km/h

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 5
Acceleration Sensitivity: 25
Braking Sensitivity: 5

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): 0 / 0
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 8.0 / 7.5
Dampers (Extension): 8 / 7
Dampers (Compression): 4 / 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 / 5
Camber Angle (-): 1.5 / 1.5
Toe Angle: -0.10 / -0.15

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 4 / 6

Driving Options
ASM: Off
TCS: 0
ABS: 1

Resurrecting a historical name from Ferrari, the California strikes a balance between a supercar and a boulevard cruiser. But because boulevard cruisers are of little use in Finland I decided to see if it can be turned into a fully fledged supercar.

At least the performance can. In private tests against a heavily tuned 430 Scuderia this California was in its element, outhandling the Scuderia with ease and proceeded to beat Enzos in a club race a few days later. So it should - it now produces supercar power, features supercar grip levels and weighs as much, if not less, than supercars. That's a mission completed then but be careful - under the fashionable-looking bodyshell hides a beast ready to show you who's the boss.

Last edited:
Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione Stradale Corsa

649 bhp, 627 Nm, 1284 kg, PP 584
Painted in Racing Yellow from Alfa Romeo

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
New Wheels, BBS LM, finished in Black from YouKnowWho
Front Splitter & Skirts Type A
Front Extensions Type A
Rear Wing Type B
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Improvement
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Fully Customizable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customizable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

Overall cost: The car and then some.

Aerodynamics
Downforce: 0 / 20

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Max speed, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.113
2nd: 2.163
3rd: 1.700
4th: 1.400
5th: 1.185
6th: 0.995
Final Gear: 3.500

Max speed: 300 km/h

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 5
Acceleration Sensitivity: 25
Braking Sensitivity: 5

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): 0 / 0
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 9.0 / 5.0
Dampers (Extension): 8 / 10
Dampers (Compression): 2 / 2
Anti-Roll Bars: 7 / 7
Camber Angle (-): 2.0 / 1.7
Toe Angle: -0.20 / -0.30

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 2 / 8

Driving Options
ASM: Off
TCS: 0
ABS: 1

When the feedback from journalists started to trickle to the ears of Alfa Romeo engineers, they were surprised to hear that the 8C felt rather numb and not very dynamic to drive within the performance zone, let alone at the limits. As soon as they could, they set to work, aiming to release more powerful, lighter, more track oriented version that could still be driven on the roads, similar to certain rear engined Hun vehicle with scaffolding where the rear seat used to be.

Lo' and behold, when the engineers were finished with their passionate work, the 8C had transformed from soft boulevard sportscar into true road-going race machine. That little V8 now churns out nearly 650bhp and almost as much torque. Fully adjustable suspension assures that the car handles crisply and in a balanced manner when pushed to the limits, and depending of the drivers mood, the nose can be tucked in via brake or throttle, which leads to excellent cornering speeds. While it quite can't match the performance of its technologically more advanced sibling, it will most certainly give anyone else a run for their money.

Well, I'm glad I was up late last night!

Quick thoughts -

The California has been transformed - this thing is awesome!
I've been running it around Rome in the Ferrari seasonal, and have been taking the lead on the beginning of the 4th lap.

The way this beast gets the power to the wheels is phenomenal - just so quick and responsive, and the handling is fantastic as well.

Edit - a bit more. I was expecting nothing from this car - it's a fairly ordinary cruiser stock standard, so I reckoned with a slightly more upbeat version of the same car. But as soon as I started driving it, I was blown away. It's great fun to drive - Gold Jerry, Gold

With the Alfa, well we haven't been getting along as well. Deft throttle control is needed coming out of turns on this one, which I think is hampering my speed. It looks fantastic all hotted up, and still wins the Supercar Seasonal around Trial Mountain for me.

Two more excellent tunes.

PS - I cannot understand why people aren't all over these tunes - all the cars of yours I've used have been fantastic, and have compared very favourably (i.e. better) than anything else I've tried.

Last edited:
Because, as you noticed, they actually require skill and effort to get around track in fast manner. Some people know this and stick to our tunes as their efforts are usually rewarded handsomely in races.

Because, as you noticed, they actually require skill and effort to get around track in fast manner. Some people know this and stick to our tunes as their efforts are usually rewarded handsomely in races.

It's probably this. Your tunes can be a handful with a controller, but once you hit the sweet spot, all is good.

I really noticed how much quicker your cars were yesterday. I was doing the Trial Mountain super-car seasonal for some cash in the GTR 07 - of which I had 3 - one running the Madd Finns tune, and 2 others with other tunes from here.

Today I only have one GTR 07.
👍

Also, the Alfa and I are now friends, having got off on the wrong foot. Again on Trial Mountain, this baby doesn't turn corners, it slides through them.

Last edited:
I find it slightly irritating at the fact that you keep putting out tunes which I'd very happily write about, and yet when I open up a blank document, I suddenly lose all will to keep going… -.- :grumpy:

Oh well, I guess krioto will have to take over the 'writing reviews' job………

I find it slightly irritating at the fact that you keep putting out tunes which I'd very happily write about, and yet when I open up a blank document, I suddenly lose all will to keep going… -.- :grumpy:

Oh well, I guess krioto will have to take over the 'writing reviews' job………

Unfortunately, I know next to nothing about cars etc to put together a 'proper review'.

But I do know what I like, and the cars these chaps are putting out are kicking arse.

There's no such thing as a 'proper review'! I mean all the things I write about, half the time I have no clue of what they actually mean! Just write what comes to your mind, if you think it's perfect, say so. If you think it's crap, then tell them, there's no real skill needed to write one of these.

And I guess part of the reason I've lost the will to 'write' is that I got scared of the robin……

It's probably this. Your tunes can be a handful with a controller, but once you hit the sweet spot, all is good.

Also, the Alfa and I are now friends, having got off on the wrong foot. Again on Trial Mountain, this baby doesn't turn corners, it slides through them.

I too started off on wrong foot with the Alfa, due to exhaustion from work.. I had no idea what I was doing with that brightly colored wannabe Ferrari that sat in a cloud of its own tyre smoke.

There's no such thing as a 'proper review'! I mean all the things I write about, half the time I have no clue of what they actually mean! Just write what comes to your mind, if you think it's perfect, say so. If you think it's crap, then tell them, there's no real skill needed to write one of these.

And I guess part of the reason I've lost the will to 'write' is that I got scared of the robin……

There is such thing as a proper review, and one way to describe it, is "long and detailed with some nice pictures to go with it"

And as for frightened by the Robin.. You're not the first. Its been doing that since GT4.. :lol:

I was expecting nothing from this car - it's a fairly ordinary cruiser stock standard, so I reckoned with a slightly more upbeat version of the same car. But as soon as I started driving it, I was blown away. It's great fun to drive - Gold Jerry, Gold

PS - I cannot understand why people aren't all over these tunes - all the cars of yours I've used have been fantastic, and have compared very favourably (i.e. better) than anything else I've tried.
Pretty much with the same expectations as me then, with the same results too. It's the best handling Ferrari I've driven this far (the 512BB is too different to compare) and certainly caused a surprise.

One of the reasons for being "left to the side" a bit is because we aren't the largest, the most vocal or the most often updating team. We just do our thing as well as we can.
Today I only have one GTR 07. 👍
One GT-R '07, the handling of which I still absolutely hate but it's fast so I can't say it wasn't a success. :lol:
I had no idea what I was doing with that brightly colored wannabe Ferrari that sat in a cloud of its own tyre smoke.
I could see that! :P As information to the others, I actually did the fine tuning on the 8C after seeing the utter confusion that was shining from the setup. Those familiar with the tuning styles of us two can probably recognize my influence in certain parts.

Had a quick run out with your California tonight. Great tune, even with a bit of understeer that can be got rid of with just a better driver behind the wheel I guess. And I absolutely love how it sounds, screaming at you down the straights. :D

Hello.
I've 'done' your: Mazda RX-7 GT-X(fc)'90 tune some time ago and had a nice ride with it.
Two things i thought about it: The 0/0 BB, i didn't found it very comfortable, by wich i mean: it turned the car -WITH ME BEHIND THE WHEEL that is- into a coffin on it's way to crash heaven. I tend to miss breaking point in any car (so me's to blame for a lot of damage *lol*) but with 0/0 BB it got too ugly, i had to set it 5/5 atleast. And atfirst i thought i made a mistake, when i wrote down your tune (i write down the settings on a piece of paper, my agenda actually but never mind that). It could mean that 0/0 means: don't change BB? Probably it's just a difference in taste i've concluded. Yet i'd like to hear your thoughts on the BB in question.

Secondly, and this is my personal 'taste' on the subject i'm sure. But i have found the Skyline V-spec Nür '94 more easy or beginners-like than the RX-7 GT-X. I couldn't help my self noticing that fact.
The Mazda RX-7 or the Nissan Skyline in original forms i have no idea of ***, in terms of being a beginners or experts -like cars. I found the MFT tuned versions both highly enjoying. Yet -i myself- would considered the V-spec Nür '94 to be the beginner's choice. (certainly when the BB would be set at 0/0, on the Maz.) The second point being rather mute perhaps, considering the fact it's my personal 'taste' on it, or better: my personal experience i had after driving the two.
*** = anymore, for what i can remember!

So to conclude for the time being: will or can (one of) you elaborate on the BB (Brake Balance btw, but i'm sure you knew that) of the Mazda RX-7 GT-X(fc)'90?
I'd be even more thankful -i'm allready very much for the tunes you share :)- if you would.

Greetings stano666..., ps i'll have a go with the Cal. Ferrari, i've got 3 of those gathering dust ....._LOL_:tup:

*Cough* That RX-7 is one of the first cars I doodled around, and it kinda shows, doesn't it. the 0/0 brake balance was there on purpose, as I originally intended to do the car without ABS before noticing that there's little to none sensitivity in the way PD modeled the brakes. Then again, this BB also encourages one to start with early braking, then slowly work towards later braking point.

The Nissan might feel easier to drive but the skill badges, as described, mean how good you have to be to get the most out of the car. The RX-7 gives all it has with relatively little effort and after that, no matter how much harder you push, there's no more to gain. The GT-R on the other hand benefits from harder driving a bit more as it needs slightly more skill and effort to put it to its limits, hence the higher experience rating.

Review of the Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR GT:

You have to drive like you mean it with this one. It's a typical American car; loads of understeer and oversteer when you have the power on. I found it quite hard to keep the tail in check in a corner, since the slightest hint of power sent the tail out.

The key to this car is controlling the power. Too little, you'll understeer off, too much and you'll oversteer and spin, or at least lose time.

I tested this on Suzuka in the Tuned Car Championship and came in 4th.

After seeing that I couldn't help giving it a try myself. We're talking about the Tuned Car Championship, A-Spec in the Expert Series, right? Because I took the car there, held third place going into the first corner and overtook the leader braking into the esses. The eventual winning margin was something like half a minute, the last sector difference I noticed was 26 seconds and they never finished in time to get the final results.

Perhaps it needs an Expert badge?

Audi – R8 07 version

This car makes me feel happy.

I could leave this review at that, but I will provide some more details below.

Firstly, a number of things impressed me when applying the tune to the car:

- Engine tuning stage 1 – this is all the car needs, and there is no need to go crazy with the BHP – one tick
- Standard exhaust – alright! – no whine – 2 ticks
- No aero – it’s a 4WD Audi – it doesn’t need a wing – so three ticks

That’s 3 thumbs up and I haven’t even driven it yet! Off to the test track.

Trial Mountain – super-car seasonal event has become my test track of choice. It’s a great circuit with a nice mix of tight corners, sweeping corners, and a couple of straights where you can really open up the taps.
It seems that if you enter this race with an Audi, the lead car will always be the Nissan RC390 road car, which provides a nice little challenge.

Exiting the second tunnel and onto the long straight on the first lap was where I first fell in love with this tune/car.

Before I start getting all emotional, a few points of interest. This tune handles incredibly – yes, it really is on rails to use an overused term. However, if pushed, you can jump this train off the tracks and slide.

The turn in of the front end is great, allowing you lots of time to decide whether or not you want to grip through the turn or swing by tyres screeching sideways.

The gear settings provide acceleration smoothly, and I think as another reviewer mentioned that the R8 doesn’t feel fast, but when you check the speedometer, you get a nice surprise.

Back to being emotional – this car is really tops. I’ve done countless laps in it now, and it still makes me grin.

The tune description mentions ‘gentlemanly’ behaviour, and I think this sums up the car with this tune:

- It’s polite - supplying all the info you need through the steering feedback, and has the good decency to over steer only when instructed to do so.
- It’s got power and grunt, but these are tempered by the smooth manner of their provision to the driver.
- It’s a Cro-Magnon man dressed up in well tailored tuxedo (I’ve even painted mine black and white!)

So Finns - another job well done.

I’m not sure whether your tunes fit my style of driving, or rather that I’m driving so many of your tunes that they’re influencing my technique, but whatever it is, I like it. :)

Good to hear that this car worked for you. I liked it myself too, very well balanced for an Audi. :lol:

After plagiarising your works in GT4 without telling you (and shedding a tear over them at the end of their wonderful tunes:)) I have come to you again, except I'm going to review one today!!!:dopey: So, without further ado, my review of the Alpine A110RS:

Pre-Drive:
As I am about to step into the car, I have vivid flashbacks of the sad experience when I drove the stock A110 in GT4. Simply terrible. Begging for control over the car, wrenching the steering wheel without result.:crazy:

I bought this car from the UCD, bored, for the sake of it. Then I left it in the garage, collecting dust, without one drive, ever.

That is, until now.💡 I call to Leonidae asking which is a good car to play around with that can beat higher powered opponents and some long negotiation, we finally settle on this pocket rocket. We arrange to meet in his garage the next day for some modifications to the old Alpine.

The next day, I get it towed (yes, I'm that scared) over his big garage. Immediately upon arrival, he suggests a overhaul of the whole car. "What? I don't have money to spend on this 🤬 . There has to be something less drastic!" He insists on the complete overhaul, giving me what appears to be some black soup in coffee shot glasses. "It's high quality Finnish coffee. It'll make you feel better." So I drink the coffee:ill: and after a few more rants from Leonidae, succumb and agree to it.

Finally! I recieved a SMS that the works were done.👍 I drive in my Fiat 500 over to the garage to recieve my car and test it on their test track. Ooh! Only $200,000!👍 Much cheaper than expected. For them to live near many valleys has its advantages, such as a racetrack right by their doorstep. So, off I go, to Grand Valley Speedway!

First Impressions:
After paying the appropiate fees, I let loose, very cautiously accelerating out of the pit lane. As I approach the hairpin, I start by braking very lightly and early, before I realised that it was much more stable, in fact, too stable! I turn into the corner slowly and find that the car has none of the original traits at all! It was surprisingly plowing forth with no steering whatsoever. :confused: After a few laps trying not to break the car, I limped the car back to the garage for more adjustments and new tyres.

Leonidae put in a stiffer, lower suspension, new dampers and put the brake bias further back, but then says that it costs an extra $50,000!:yuck:

Getting back out:
I creep back out on the track and attempt to brake a bit later into the hairpin. It responds well to my every manouver, requiring rarely a flick of countersteer. Bumps aren't as much of a problem as before, but still a bit unstable when pushed to the max. I can brake bravely and still turn slightly without crashing. I return at the end of the day with a big grin and happily pay Leonidae $250,000 of my money.

Then, some racers pulled up and jeered: "Look at your sorry old car. Let's see if that can even get to the finish line." After a 3 lap race, it turned out that not only had I easily finished the race, but I had put their ricer pimped-out Civics through the deep fryer for some tempura!!! :lol:

The scores:
And now my scores for this fantastic car:
Fun: 9.5/10
Speed: 8/10
Cornering: 8.5/10
Overall: 9.25/10 (I know, it doesn't add up because it's so good for another reason that I haven't listed here. It's just so pro! :) :cool: :lol:)

P.S. You have to remove the pictures from the haunted house (GT4) to make me even more upset, didn't you? :banghead: :mad: :(

Last edited:
The scores:
And now my scores for this fantastic car:
Fun: 9.5/10
Speed: 8/10
Cornering: 8.5/10
Overall: 9.25/10 (I know, it doesn't add up because it's so good for another reason that I haven't listed here. It's just so pro! :) :cool: :lol:)

P.S. You have to remove the pictures from the haunted house (GT4) to make me even more upset, didn't you? :banghead: :mad: :(

Good to hear that the car has helped you to overcome your fear towards RR layout! It indeed can be bit sluggish when driven in a careful manner, but this car needs an active driving style, and as you started to push it, it improved, did it not?

And regarding the removal of pics from our old GT4 department: Greycap was paying each month to keep the photos there, and he wanted to cut the costs, thus, the old photo server had to go. And since we no longer have most of the photos, it's unlikely that they'll return. Makes the old ghost garage even more creepy, doesn't it? :lol:

After reading some reviews in this thread, it makes me want to give one of those cars a go and see how Insane those cars are. As one reviewer wrote, borderline insane. I'm all up for that. :D

Greycap was paying each month to keep the photos there, and he wanted to cut the costs, thus, the old photo server had to go.
Indeed - I was paying 7€ per month, 84€ per year, that's $120 per year (five lifetime GTPremium subscriptions!) for you across the pond, for the remains of my old DSL connection that included the server space where the pictures were located. Definitely not worth it anymore. All the pictures were hosted by me as it's the most secure way to keep track of them, nothing disappears mysteriously because the host server decided the image is too old for example. The downside is that it obviously costs real money and while my current server space is cheaper it still isn't free.
And since we no longer have most of the photos, it's unlikely that they'll return.
So you thought... I actually still have every single piece of graphics used in the GT4 garage and while it would be possible for me to revive all my posts nothing can be done about those made using the old Leonidae account. If, and it's a very big if, I find the motivation some day I'll re-host the opening post banners and put them back up. That's 188 hyperlinks I'll have to replace. :ouch:

Last edited:
Spoon NSX-R '02 Review

Bare with me here lads, tried to add a twist to the review. Now i dont think im the best racing driver out there. Even though im in love with motorsport, i dont consider myself a hardcore enthusiate with cars and all the terminology. I still make mistakes with what Anti-Roll Bars do and what not, so my setup skills are limited. Yet i do feel like i'm part of the majority here and decided to do a 'small' review of this car. Im still fairly new to GT5, but not sim racing. Heard awesome stuff about the NSX yet never drove it in the game. So with no further ado, here's the review.

Test Track: Autumn Ring

Day 1: Honda NSX Type R '02 – Dealership Setup

After a day going through the dealerships around Dubai, Moe was finally able to find himself a brand new NSX Type R ’02 for sale at the price of 415,000 AED, equivalent to 113,000$. Moe was in shock with the price line of such a car built almost 10 years back. Deep down though, he knew that a car with 282hp should give him a feeling that he has been yearning for.
It took him a few hours to negotiate a deal with the owners of Autumn Ring to test his new car. The deal was to let Moe drive his brand new NSX around the track for 2 days and do any adjustments needed. Moe though was determined to get it as good as possible.

First day though was for testing. Checking how the car would feel before doing any adjustments. Basically, how it feels out of the dealership. At 282hp, weighting at 1270kg and a max torque of 31kgfm at 5500rpm, these numbers should give this car a good vibe. So onto the track he went.
After 7 laps of hard driving, Moe had decided that it was enough. His first impressions was the car with only 282hp, it was a hell of a drive and great fun. Never did he think it would be such a great ride around Autumn Ring. The NSX had its downsides though; at the slightest extra pressure on the gas pedal out of the exit send the tail out. A driver had to be very gentle with the pedal has he lined up his exit or else it would be too easy to lose the back. On a positive note, Moe was happy that he was able to tail brake into corners unlike other cars he has available to him. By adding power and lowering its weight, he wasn’t so sure this neat feature would still exist.

Now he doesn’t consider himself a great driver, but good enough to handle such a car. It seemed to him that there was a hidden gem inside. He was determined to open create a beast out of it. With 7 laps under Moe’s belt with the NSX, he was able to pull out a 1:28.480. He was not sure if it was a great lap compared to others, but he felt it was good enough and couldn’t get any faster. The tyres at that point were starting to get worst so he felt he had gotten the best out of the car by that point.

After talking to some of the engineers hanging around at the Ring, he was told to get in contact with Mad Finn Tuners Co. One phone call and it was all it took for the Tuning Company to make their way into Autumn Ring. Full expensive at Moe’s cost.

Day 2: Honda NSX Type R '02 – Mad Finn Tuners Co. - No Setup

picture.php

Come Day 2, Moe was willing to dish out the cash to make this car roar down the streets of Dubai and impress his friends. Mad Finn Tuners proposed a tuning setup to follow. After following their suggestion, Moe spent an additional 178,200$ on add-ons from Titanium Exhaust all the way to Semi Racing Fly Wheels. He is known to be greedy with his money, so for Moe to spend more on extras than on the car itself was a first.
Even though objective at first, he finally opened up the check book. Finally it was time for Moe to take the NSX for another spin. It took him a few laps to tame the car as it was happy to tail slide with the slightest push on the pedal. It was beautiful to watch and drive, but it was clear that all the rubber burning spectacle was losing him precious seconds. To his pleasure, the trail braking was still present but with a more responsive controls on the car during the first half of cornering. Yet the exit of a corner was letting him down as it was even more delicate than before.

With added power, the car now has a whooping 448bhp and 44 kgfm of Maximum Torque at 6400rpm’s. Add the fact that the car now weighs only 1051kg, shedding off just over 200kg from the stock version. This new version of the NSX Type R that was unfolding in front of Moe’s eyes was starting to slowly resemble what he loved seeing. Light, fast, and easy to control, yet hard to master. The Mad Finn Tuners team put Moe at ease though, assuring him that with a few changes to the setup, this car would be more to his liking.

It was understandable then that the NSX was able to pull of 1:20.421 with ease. Just over 8 seconds faster than its stock version. A grin was starting to take shape on Moe’s face. It was turning out to be a nice day. But one question loomed over him as he was about to go for lunch, could this sliding machine be controlled to his liking? He let the Mad Finn Tuners do their magic and came back a few hours later…

Day 2: Honda NSX Type R '02 – Mad Finn Tuners Co. – Setup

picture.php

Lunch time over and it was time for Moe to hit the track for the final hours left in his contract for Autumn Ring. This time around, Mad Finn Tuner Co have been hard at work getting the tuning just right. Once back, Mad Finn gave the keys back to the driver for a test run and to give feedback on what they think is the right setup. Will Moe feel the difference? Will the car handle better than before? Moe stepped into the car for a 10 lap free run and see for final if what they had done to the car was the right move or not.

WHAT THE ****! THIS IS MADNESS. Countless laps have been done by Moe and he got out of his car with his hair standing up straight as if he got electrocuted. He did not know how to react and was not expecting anything like this!!!

The first 3 laps, the lap times were worse than the previous test during that same day where the lap times were in the 1:21.xxx. Yet Moe was determined to tame the beast that somehow had just been unleashed with a few tunes. Before the setup, Moe was handling a hell of a car that was…easy to hand. Then came Mad Finn Tuner, why did he even bother calling them? Were they mad? Oh hell yes they are. The name says it all and he should have known! On the 6th lap, Moe was able to post a 1:19.590.

Somehow, as by magic, the team made the car feel lighter and on its toes. More responsive and to his disgust…more oversteer on the corner. Then again…it gave pleasure to the driver. It was orgasmic to say the least and he just never wanted to get out of the car, until the authority came out and stopped the testing for Moe. He tried to explain to them the feeling, but they would never understand it. There is no way to put in words.

Moe had thought at the beginning that a gem was hidden in this low rider…but the monster hidden inside was nothing he was expecting. What made it even better was the sound. Oh man the sound of that car alone would make his opponents hide in fear. As the brakes are applied, one can just FEEL the spit of fire and during cornering and having his foot off the pedal, the car just growls its away around the turn.

Overall:

picture.php

This, ladies and gentlemen, is a car that will bring the best out of every driver. How were Mad Finn Tuner able to create such an animal from this car is beyond me. At first, I didn’t know what to expect, something along the line that the car would stick to the ground and on rail. I don’t know if it will post the top lap times against other tunes. One thing is 100% certain; this is the most enjoyable driving experience I have ever had with any car in GT5. It will take a racer a few laps to get the hang of the car, but once you get the hang of it, or lack of it, one will start to appreciate the crazy fun factor behind it all.

I have learned my lesson that nope, Mad Finn Tuner are here to show GT5 drivers a different style. A Style of MADNESS. As another user has mentioned, only 2 words can describe their tunes… borderline insanity! Mad Finn Tuners Co…THANK YOU! Forget the grip, forget the driving line, this car is just plain FUN! It’s all I can ask for from a game and this took the fun level to a higher level.

Lap Times:
Stock Setup: 1:28.480
Added Tunes: 1:20.421
Mad Finn Tuner Setup: 1:19.590

Moe seems to get the clue of our tuning!

The best cornering speeds aren't worth much if the car is so boring that one can't stand to drive it for two laps in a row. You can believe that we try to avoid such situations to the extreme but if as a side effect of enjoyable handling comes great performance, good. Very good. But if not, it's not the end of the world. Most of them weren't even meant to be the fastest out there.

If Moe wants to proceed to even more madness I can full heartedly recommend both the Ford GT-SHO and the Dodge Viper ACR GT, both insanely powerful but very controllable when driven with thought. Or, of course, he can request something previously unseen.

Moe seems to get the clue of our tuning!

The best cornering speeds aren't worth much if the car is so boring that one can't stand to drive it for two laps in a row. You can believe that we try to avoid such situations to the extreme but if as a side effect of enjoyable handling comes great performance, good. Very good. But if not, it's not the end of the world. Most of them weren't even meant to be the fastest out there.

If Moe wants to proceed to even more madness I can full heartedly recommend both the Ford GT-SHO and the Dodge Viper ACR GT, both insanely powerful but very controllable when driven with thought. Or, of course, he can request something previously unseen.

When i play games, whether its Sim or Arcade, i want to have fun. GT5 brings that fun factor from different angles depending on each one's taste. To tell you the truth though, not all cars in the game fill my need. So some cares will need a small touch up to give it that juice it was missing to bring it to a level of satisfactory. Now in no way am i saying that the NSX falls in that category. Just saying that there are cars that need some fix up to have a fun with. Like say...a Mini Cooper.

As for the Ford GT-SHO and Dodge Viper ACR, i shall give them a go in the next few days and tell you lads how it goes. Earlier today i had tried the Mazda Roadster. I forgot to see how the car felt before the tunes and setup. So I coudn't tell where the change was made, but i was surprised to see the Costumizable Transmission was not added on. During the test though, it felt right anyway and leaving it out doesn't seem to be affecting the gearing in anyway. One more thing about the Mazda, i didn't think it was as Mad as the NSX, but when i went back to this thread, i realized that the car is an 'Intermediate' compared to 'Advanced' of the NSX.

As for the car of choice for a tuning...i'll keep it open to you guys. I like to see what you can come up with. Maybe mentioning a Mini in the first paragraph will spark some interest. lol

Keep up the good work lads, not surprised that this thread is the most viewed thread of all in the Tuning Section. Im shocked that it doesn't have the amount of replies/discussions/debate it deserves. Maybe because its summer? I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back