Kazunori Yamauchi tweets!

• Thread starter alba
  • 6,425 comments
amar212
What happened? 16 months later everybody witnessed how everything was 100% true :)

Fact that some people tended to throw crap on me just because they think all internet communities are bunch of kids speaking and writing nonsense protected by anonymity was their problem.

I still feel good because none of them even said "sorry man, you were right, we were idiots". Watching them do not post anymore was more than enough.

👍

[like]

i tried tweet japanese and english he NEVER respond , ummm should try arabic ? lol

I'm sure he gets thousands of messages so it's understandable. It's like winning a small lottery if he re-tweets your.. well tweets... i guess you need to be at the right time, right when Kaz is sitting at the coffee shop in the morning checking on his mobile :sly: I don't wanna spam his twitter with the same thing over and over, but i just did. lol

His latest tweet from about a minute ago said this year's Gran Turismo Award winner will be in the next Gran Turismo, which sounds to me like no cars will be added to GT5 after all, or at least not very many. I would paste his tweet here but I'm on my phone and I can't paste the translation.

I really wonder what won.

"Pebble Beach, in addition to a general examination of the class, as usual, "Gran Turismo Trophy" also chosen car. Will be included in the next Gran Turismo. Also this year, with a little fancy, unusual and asymmetrical vehicles. I will later announcement. 2:00 am here. Good night."

pebble7.jpg&Maxw=630

1960 Plymouth XNR Ghia Roadster?

And it's a shame that last year's winner hasn't been released as DLC.

EDIT: I was right! https://www.facebook.com/candscmagazine/posts/240540675984240?notif_t=share_reply

Last edited:
So KY's latest tweet reveals he is about to announce the GT trophy car that is going to be in GT6 (which will be years away).

Pebble Beach '11 best in show (that he refers to) > 1934 Voisin C-25 Aerodyne

Here is 2010's GT trophy car > http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/news/d5305.html
2009 > http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/news/d5005.html
2008 > http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/news/d4372.html

... and we're shortly going to hear about asymmetrical cars in GT ("this year" meaning GT5 DLC) - I thought I'd forward on some photos from an Internet thread I found... http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4415280-Show-me-some-asymmetric-cars

Last edited:
... and we're shortly going to hear about asymmetrical cars in GT ("this year" meaning GT5 DLC) ....

Hopefully we'll get a good human translation. If confirmed, this would be a great proof of incoming GT5 DLC.

EDIT: Based on Akira (thanks a lot for your continuous and precious support) translation (next post), we still do not have the proof of future DLC (sigh :( )

Last edited:
Sorry for being late, I was busy:

Kaz_Yamauchi: ペブルビーチでは一般的なクラスの審査に加えて、例年通り「グランツーリスモ・トロフィー」のクルマも選びました。次のグランツーリスモに収録されます。今年もまた、ちょっと変わり種で、アシンメトリーな奇抜なクルマ。発表は後ほどしますね。こちらは午前2時。おやすみなさい。

Kaz_Yamauchi: At Pebble Beach, in addition to the open class judging, as in every year I chose a car for the "Gran Turismo Trophy" too. It will be featured in the next Gran Turismo. This year's too is a slightly differing from the norm, eccentric asymmetrical car. I will make an announcement later on. Here is 2 AM. Good night.

Last edited:
Sorry for being late, I was busy: ....

A-ha, thanks for that Akira! Not sure whether to be :) or :grumpy: though. I think I'd be a bit miffed if GT5 DLC was only asymmetrical cars, as wonderful as they may be... Then again, we're still left waiting for definite confirmation of GT5 DLC. Overall, I think I'll go with no news (about DLC) is good news this time!

Last edited:
Please try not to quote directly the translated text as I might change it slightly for clarity or correctness in further edits (as I just did).

Please try not to quote directly the translated text as I might change it slightly for clarity or correctness in further edits (as I just did).
No problem... 👍 KY's tweets can be so cryptic I'm willing to entertain the notion that even GT Planet's resident translator-san can't always get it right first time. :sly:

Akira. Do you know if DLC is coming?
Yamauchi said it would come together with updates bringing new features to the game, after other one(s) that will correct bugs. Supposedly the latter will come in a few days (August 24 as some users read on deleted official announcement) and in the beginning of September. I think that new features and DLC will be probably released just before Forza Motorsports 4 release date (expected release date: October 2011).

I prematurely suggest you follow AUP aswell as staying on topic...

You know whats got me miffed? Where's the other GT Trophy cars meant to be in GT5? We got the SEMA cars but not previous GT Trophy winners, gee thanks PD for sticking to your word...

The Lamborghini Miura is a PB GT Trophy winner.

So is the Alfa Romeo tz2...2009, 2010 winner will be DLC probably. 1952 Abarth 1500 Biposto Bertone B.A.T. 1

Wow, epic facepalm. My bad totally....it pays to read things fully instead of just going by the pictures (one of those links to the GT Trophy cars doesn't show the TZ2 in the first pic). Sorry bout the brainfart...

Back