The Updated OCD Thread

• Thread starter jkt008
  • 1,901 comments

What type of cars would you like to see more of in the OCD?

• LMP, Group C etc.

Votes: 746 37.4%
  • Supercars

Votes: 640 32.1%
  • Classic Muscle

Votes: 363 18.2%
  • Concept, Prototypes

Votes: 504 25.3%
  • Family Cars

Votes: 145 7.3%
  • Trucks, Utes

Votes: 104 5.2%
  • Historic, Iconic

Votes: 633 31.7%
  • Touring

Votes: 371 18.6%
  • Skylines, NSXs, GTOs, 3000 GTs

Votes: 150 7.5%
  • Miatas, MX5s, RX7s etc.

Votes: 88 4.4%
  • Mitsubitshi Evolutions

Votes: 84 4.2%
  • Tuners

Votes: 395 19.8%
  • Cup Cars

Votes: 262 13.1%
  • Small Cars (Fiat 500s, Daihatsu Midgets etc.)

Votes: 102 5.1%
  • Not really bothered

Votes: 185 9.3%

• Total voters
Well yes, but why the different names and horsepower figures? Seems a bit dumb to me. I've got both now anyway so it doesn't really matter I guess.

Apparently, cars you buy from the OCD are already "broken in", even if 0 miles.

Rit
Has anyone else noticed that the OCD only contains 22 cars now as compared to 30 awhile ago?...When did that happen?...My UCD still has 30.

Yes, there were always (at least as far back as I can remember) 30 cars in the OCD, and it's only 22 now. Hope they don't make a habbit of it.

Toronado
Every freaking time I buy a car, it ends up in the OCD a few days later. I just bought the Sauber on Sunday, and the two R129s on Monday!

What i do is wait for exspensive cars like th R-390 road car to appear in ocd instead of spending 2x the money for it

Well after spending a fortune on the OCD guess what just showed up in the UCD: The Judd '04! minolta too And I'm broke! :scared:

Every freaking time I buy a car, it ends up in the OCD a few days later. I just bought the Sauber on Sunday, and the two R129s on Monday!

Are we on the same cycle? I bought the Sauber on Sunday night as well! :lol:

EDIT TO OP: I also like the idea of having a single thread that can be constantly updated in the OP. It makes it easy to find. Never understood why they couldn't sticky a thread for this.

Last edited:
What color is the FGT?

Also, I wonder if the aerodynamics for the CLK-LM are true to real life?

flying_clr.jpg

Note: I think that's Mark Webber driving.

That's a Mercedes CL-R AMG LMP, at Le Mans 1999.

The Mercedes CLK-GTR GT1 raced in 1998.

My guess is the lower power is because u have not done a recent oil change or it had been driven more than 5000km without engine overhaul. The pp is higher because u tune up the downforce which increases pp significantly. Sounds like u shld get this new car as engine overhaul and chassis reinforcement cost a lot anyway. clk is a good drive anyway.

This may or may not be the case. I myself had two 0km CLK LM's at one point. The first one I bought from the OCD (in June i think), didn't notice that it is also a prize car, and a couple of days after that I got the second one as a prize car. I noticed when checking my garage that there was a significant difference in power between these two exact same cars. PP was also different. And YES, both had 0 km and 0 switches, so neither had their oil changed. I actually double checked this a couple of days ago before I took the less hp one for a go at the Real Circuit Seasonal.

That's a Mercedes CL-R AMG LMP, at Le Mans 1999.

The Mercedes CLK-GTR GT1 raced in 1998.

The CLK-GTR was only raced for 2 races in the FIA GT Championship 1998. The cars raced in Le Mans 1998 and the rest of the 1998 FIA GT season were CLK LM's, a new car evolved from the CLK-GTR.

Last edited by a moderator:
GasolineJunkie
EDIT TO OP: I also like the idea of having a single thread that can be constantly updated in the OP. It makes it easy to find. Never understood why they couldn't sticky a thread for this.

I was thinking the same thing. That's why I created this thread.

The Mercedes-Benz CLK-LM Race Car '98 is absolutely gorgeous to drive!
Completely makes up me also having just bought the Sauber a few of days before the update..

i got the sauber and the CLK LM race car, to be honest the sauber is good and has a massive pp from standard but cant really upgrade it much. so my C60 hybrid still runs rings around it in handling, acceleration and top end speed. :S

anyone got an update on this weeks OCD, maintenance update says to expect an update today

silentshadow777
i got the sauber and the CLK LM race car, to be honest the sauber is good and has a massive pp from standard but cant really upgrade it much. so my C60 hybrid still runs rings around it in handling, acceleration and top end speed. :S

anyone got an update on this weeks OCD, maintenance update says to expect an update today

There isn't a new OCD.

That HKS Sylvia has a cool livery. One of my favorites in the game. I've had the car for awhile, but it was nice to grab a zero mile version of it, too. 👍

I also picked up:

Mercedes-Benz CLK Touring Car '00
Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5-16 Evolution II Touring Car '92
Mercedes-Benz CLK-LM Race Car '98
Mercedes-Benz Sauber Mercedes C9 Race Car '89

I found it interesting that many people were talking about buying from the OCD or UCD or worse, new, only to have a car "show up" that would have been a better deal or one they wanted more. New cars don't change. I can't help you with the OCD. However, the UCD is an entirely different matter.

http://gt5cars.net/

Use that and nothing will ever just "show up" without your having an idea. Let's you search for a specific car and shows a 10 day range (5 previous to the actual day and 5 after.).

I found it interesting that many people were talking about buying from the OCD or UCD or worse, new, only to have a car "show up" that would have been a better deal or one they wanted more. New cars don't change. I can't help you with the OCD. However, the UCD is an entirely different matter.

http://gt5cars.net/

Use that and nothing will ever just "show up" without your having an idea. Let's you search for a specific car and shows a 10 day range (5 previous to the actual day and 5 after.).

There are still huge gaps in the website database mentioned above. I've been trying it out for the last 600-700 game days or so and still has not found my position in the game in relation to the UCD. The reason I'm attempting to use it is to figure out when the Chaparral 2J Race Car will come through. I'm on game day 1997 now. Still no Chaparral 2J. :grumpy:

There are still huge gaps in the website database mentioned above. I've been trying it out for the last 600-700 game days or so and still has not found my position in the game in relation to the UCD. The reason I'm attempting to use it is to figure out when the Chaparral 2J Race Car will come through. I'm on game day 1997 now. Still no Chaparral 2J. :grumpy:

Really? I have never had a problem with it. Even when I go a few days and lose my place, it always gets me back where I belong. I hadn't heard of anyone having issues. There is also a spreadsheet floating around, but I found that to be too complicated to figure out.

I did find one of those spreadsheets as well. And yes, they are a bit difficult to use. That's where I figured out there are huge gaps in the database. I must still be in one of those gaps. :grumpy:

I did find one of those spreadsheets as well. And yes, they are a bit difficult to use. That's where I figured out there are huge gaps in the database. I must still be in one of those gaps. :grumpy:

The spreadsheet works the same as the website, but the website does the legwork and arranges the cars the way they appear in GT5. Sorry to hear you are in the dead zone. It is invaluable for me, and I can promise you will not be disappointed when you get into a live zone. Not to condescend, but make sure you are entering your initial car list EXACTLY as it is (lots of GT-rs, Miatas, etc. to screw up). I messed this up the first time as well and almost wrote the site off before figuring it out. Good luck.

Last edited:
N91KB
Your best bet is trading for or creating a birthday ticket for the Chaparral.

Your best bet is trading for or creating a birthday ticket for the Chaparral.

Can't trade for it unless you borrow glitch it, which is a PIA. Birthday ticket would be the easier of the two routes. 14,000,000 is a lot, but honestly, if you are used to grinding it isn't that big of a deal. Just pretend 14 million is zero. Build yourself up to that and don't buy anything that puts you under that until the Chaparral is yours. For what a dud the Chaparral is (On par with the DeLorean in actual real life effectiveness at winning), it certainly is priced high.

Slightly off topic I know, but I got mine from a level 23 ticket, courtesy of the Subaru Expert Seasonal Event

I've seen the Chaparal twice 2J. Both times I didnt have the Cr. I have yet to see the 2D come up. I'm currently sitting on 19mil waiting for the day either one of them comes around. I wonder what the new OCD will have, I'm starting to have a nice collections of Veyrons & FGTs

The older one has a v12 the newer one is fitted with a v8 and lighter that is all.

Would you like me to go hunt down a few older car lists online from previous updates?

This >>>
multiquote_off.gif
<<< will keep people off your back in the future. Just a heads up.

The new OCD is up:

Triumph Spitfire 1500 '74 - 8,500
Toyota Celica 1600 GT (TA22) '70 - 11,950
Toyota Tacoma X-Runner '04 - 12,260
Alpine A310 1600VE '73 - 16,500
Plymouth Superbird '70 - 21,220
Mercury Cougar XR-7 '67 - 23,640
Plymouth Cuda 440 Six Pack '71 - 29,180
Chevrolet Camaro SS '69 - 30,000
Mazda Cosmo Sport (L10B) '68 - 34,400
Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 '70 - 35,000
Chevrolet Corvette Stingray L46 350 (C3) '69 - 35,750