3D3 Racing: WRS-based races moved to new WRS sub-forum!

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 2,120 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
...Kevin and Speedy and then when they started to battle around lap 36 I started gaining 1.5-2 seconds. I passed Speedy on lap 38 and then ...

I knew Kevin and myself were holding eachother up in our battle in laps 36->38. I saw you coming closer each time I looked at the minimap Tim.
Then I overshot my brakingpoint to the hairpin in T3, almost hitting Kevin. I avoided him by passing to the outside of the turn, giving you the place to pass and allowing you to hunt Kevin down.
That was a bit of a breaking point for me as in the next lap or so I saw Dominique storming closer (on fresher tyres). So I tried to minimize the damage and bring it home save.
I don't know if I would've done better doing 2 stops.

Great consistent race Tim, Kevin and Dominique. 👍

I had a really great time racing this one last night. 👍

I really thought going in that low 39's with consistency were going to be a stretch for me, and I knew from the practice race on Sunday that my setup and driving were fairly easy on tires. I watched a bit of the replay last night, and seeing the differences in tire wear was a bit of validation to my theory. It's not that I was good at driving on worn tires, I was just able to manage the wear rate.

My fast lap was set in my first stint after lap 10, and after battling with Marc for a bit. As a matter of fact, my best laps were about halfway through each of the stints, when running in clean air.

The turning point of my race was lap 22-23, where Lefty and I ended up in a battle, and then Speedy joined us and ended up getting past me on lap 23 going into the chicane. Lefty was operating on worn tires, but still made it tough (but fair) to pass. I lost about 3 seconds on lap 23 compared to my race pace on the cold tires at that time, and that was the difference between 1st and 2nd for me.

The battle with Speedy at the end did cost me some, but I think that Tim started to catch more due to Speedy's tires going off than the battle itself.

Either way, well done by Tim to catch up and pass, getting me back for my pass on him at roughly lap 15 of my first stint, I assume around the time of his first pit. Congrats, Tim, 2 weeks in a row.

By the end of the race, I was covered in sweat, this one was a workout for sure. 👍

See you guys next week.

:cheers:
Kevin

EDIT : Did anyone else notice the divisional palindrome in the results? :lol: 32123 were the top 5 finishers.

I hate my internet. :ouch:

Have fun everyone in the NA race. :cheers:

Here's the overview I used to setup a DMZ connection in the router for my PS3. It's helped my connection issues immensely.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/610541

EDK
The turning point of my race was lap 22-23, where Lefty and I ended up in a battle, Lefty was operating on worn tires, but still made it tough (but fair) to pass.

Those two laps for me were the highlight of my race :), when I roosty'd out of the last turn and drafted off ya to come up toe ta toe in one of the best forever drag races I've ever had w/ enough time to make the pass and drop into the turn to end up going into the pits ahead of you just was the best. 👍

Here's a complete over analysis of the final 10 laps from the top 4.

AsaparaWhatTop4BattleLast10Laps.png

Setting the stage: After all pits stops were complete and going into the final 10 laps Speedy was in the lead by a decent margin with tires that were starting to show wear after 10 laps of pushing since his pit. Kevin also was on a one stop strategy and pitted on lap 20 with Speedy, but was managing tire wear and not pushing as hard which allowed Speedy to build up the gap. CSL and I pitted on lap 28 and 27 respectively with our two pit strategy and we were set up to push hard to the finish.

30-34: Speedy maintained the lead through this part of the race, but the rest of us were steadily gaining on him with our better tires. As his lap times dipped into the 1:41 range CSL and I were able to drop 2 seconds per lap. Kevin caught Speedy on lap 34 and that allowed the rest of us to close significantly on that lap. I'd say this was the key lap in the race for me as it allowed me to get into their slipstream before the end of the race

35-38: Kevin took the lead, but Speedy battled him for 3 of the four laps allowing me to close the gap an additional 7 seconds and close on their bumper. CSL had closed the gap to 7 seconds by the end of this stage, but time was running out for him to catch the draft.

39-40: I caught Speedy and Kevin fairly early on Lap 38, but I wanted to take my time getting past as I knew my tires were much fresher and I didn't want to risk making a mistake and letting one of the two get away. Speedy went long on the chicane on lap 39 allowing me to split them and then I was able to draft Kevin on the straight and pass with little risk before turn 1. Once out in front I knew there was no way they could keep up in the technical sectors given the difference in tire condition. CSL had to battle past Speedy on the final lap which kept him from closing any further on Kevin or I.

For myself the key of the race was pushing to the edge on laps 30-34 (38.9, 39.2, 39.1, 38.9, 39.6) during the stint that Speedy was leading and then gaining a big chunk on lap 34 when Speedy and Kevin began to battle. Pushing here also enabled me to maintain the gap to CSL as through this entire stint I didn't lose any time to him. In the previous stint before pits CSL was killing me by 1.5 secs per lap and I had to bear down to prevent an EU repeat when Biffy left me in the dust and Wes easily hunted me down from behind.

If Speedy had let EDK by or they had worked together until the final lap they might have been able to hold me off and battle for first between them. Psychologically it was a big boost seeing that much come off the split as well and enabled me to hold off the loss of concentration errors that plagued me at the end of the EU race. Had I run the same times anyway without the psychological boost it would have been very close. By my calculations I was gaining 1.5 seconds per lap which would have had all three of us intersect on the final lap. That 1:45 on lap 34 allowed me to catch the leaders two laps earlier and pass without risking a mistake.

PS> I didn't have a single Lefty sighting in the race. That has to be a first for a 3D3 event for me.

PPS> Marc would have been in the middle of the top 4 scrum had Kaz allowed him to continue in the race. 👎 Of course Welsh-Bain probably would have walked and this would have been a less exciting battle for 2nd had a "nicely" timed phone call not caused him to pull over.

PPPS> And then there's Cats_Pajamas running quali on hard tires and then the race on rain tires. :lol: You can't blame PD for that one.

Last edited:
Nice write up, Tim. 👍

I would say that when I came up on Speedy, my tires were in so much better condition than his that I felt like I had no choice but to battle for the lead. It might have been that laying back would have been better for both of us, but it sure didn't feel that way in T3!

Lefty, absolutely, we had a great battle, I think I passed you twice and you repassed both times. When I saw Speedy coming, I tried taking a tight line into the hairpin to get a run on you into chicane, but you did not run as wide as I thought you would and that allowed Speedy to get even with me.

Having been in that situation before, I decided my best bet was to back off, save my tires and let the 2 of you go at it. Had 1 of my 2 pass attempts stuck, I might have finished 1st, but since neither did, I ended up with that strategy and finished where I did.

Some great battling with Marc, Tim, Lefty and Speedy. Only missed Dom, he was nice enough to let me by with a turn 1 spin. :sly:

Last edited:
Congrats Tim, sounds like an exciting finish. :)

Thanks Yanaran and congratz again on your win.

Your time in the EU race still would have beat me by 54 seconds. :drool: That's over a 1.25 secs per lap. It would be interesting to see what your time would have been with two stops.

I thought about doing one stop after your success with that strategy, but Kevin and Speedy were pulling away from me by lap 14 and I figured at that point I needed to be on a different strategy and get some clear track to gather myself.

EDK
Nice write up, Tim. 👍

I would say that when I came up on Speedy, my tires were in so much better condition than his that I felt like I had no choice but to battle for the lead. It might have been that laying back would have been better for both of us, but it sure didn't feel that way in T3!

Some great battling with Marc, Tim, Lefty and Speedy. Only missed Dom, he was nice enough to let me by with a turn 1 spin. :sly:

As I said above I couldn't hang with you at all in the first stint. Even trying to "muckle" on to your draft I couldn't keep up. It's the only time we were on similar tires so I'm thinking you would have beat me had we been on the same exact strategy. At least that was my evaluation during the race so I threw out any thought of one stop after you guys didn't pit on lap 14. I would have been crushed if you came in the next lap. :lol:

Thanks Yanaran and congratz again on your win.

Your time in the EU race still would have beat me by 54 seconds. :drool: That's over a 1.25 secs per lap. It would be interesting to see what your time would have been with two stops.

I did two 40 lap races as practice and the 1-stop race was over 10 seconds faster but had more mistakes (mostly when getting close to the 20lap mark). I would not have wanted a 4-way battle last 3 laps on my tires... :sly:

I live in the sticks out here so the only way I can have anything somewhat fast is Wifi and there isn't a router. I have a cookie pan connected to some kind of a small 110v AC powerd Junction Box (maybe that is the so called modem) then it connects to my whireless router through a CAT5. I then ran a cable to the PS3.

So do I remove the router from the connecton and couple directly to the powerd JB? I though there had to be some kind of rectification of the signal or something but that shows ya how bad I am at Network Administration.

As far as the race goes I just wish I could see all you guys because your all so much fun to run with. I finally got a chance to see and run w/ our fearless leader of the WRS and I was having the best time when someone was around me until Hydro and EDK checked out on me. I wish you would have been visable so I could have had someone to run w/ :(

What the heck is a "cookie pan"? Are you talking about a satellite dish? Or some kind of local wireless internet provider that you receive to your house.

Here's what you have in your own words:

Cookie Pan <----> JB <--cat5--> Wireless Router <--cat5--> PS3

Here's what you need for NAT 1:

Cookie Pan <----> JB <--cat5--> PS3

If that "JB" as you call it is a gateway/modem then basically you wire the PS3 directly into that and you disconnect/bipass your own "wireless router" while you are racing online.

If the JB is a gateway then you'll get NAT1. In order to do this though you'll need to configure the PS3 the same way your wifi router is now configured... i.e. it has to talk directly to the JB now instead of your router so you may not be able to use the same exact network connection settings. You'd have to log into your wifi router's control panel and see what kind of setup it's using to talk to the JB.
  1. Automatic (DHCP)
  2. Manual (Static)
  3. PPPoE
Once you know how the router is talking to the JB you then have to copy those settings somewhere so you can do the same setup on the the PS3.

See this page: http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/settings/connectadvance.html

Scroll down to the IP Address Setting section and you'll see the PS3 can support all three options.

If it's Automatic you are pretty much set because that's probably how the PS3 was talking to your wifi router so you just need to move the cable back and forth to go from NAT 2 to NAT 1 and visa versa.

If it's Manual, you'll have to copy down the settings from your wifi router. IP Address DNS addresses, gateway address, etc. If it's PPPoE you'll have to copy down the required information including username/password. For manual or PPPoE anytime you want to go back to sharing the internet (NAT 2) you'll have to switch back settings in the PS3 XMB menu to dynamic and then move the cables around again. Kind of a pain so hope it's set up by DHCP.

If you want to see people and not get DC'd as often it's worth the effort... otherwise proceed at your own risk.

Thanks "W" it shouldn't be to hard and the acrinimz that you were refering to I saw in the PS3 settings so I'll check out the router and see what I see.

Can I split off the signal between the JB and the router so I can have the PS3 wired directly to "Leg A" all the time and "Leg B" connected to the router for my other devices?

*********** / PS3
Reciever - JB <
*********** \ Router -PC

Last edited:
Can I split off the signal between the JB and the PS3 so I can have the PS3 wired directly to "Leg A" all the time and "Leg B" connected to the router for my other devices?

Not for NAT 1. That's exactly what NAT 2 is doing for you that we're trying to avoid. It's that "split" called NAT that is creating the invisible driver issue. Also why it's a pain and you have to move the wire physically to return to your normal setup. That's what Marc goes through when he hosts races.

Now if you had business class internet with mutliple public IP addresses you could do just what you are asking and dedicate one IP address to the PS3 and the other IP address to the router for "splitting/sharing". I'm assuming you have normal home class internet with only 1 public IP.

FYI... that's exactly what I have set up as I have business class internet with 4 public IP addresses -- one of which is reserved for my trusty PS3 and the other goes to a router that feeds the rest of my network (PCs, iphones, etc) via NAT.

Man "W" living in the stickz sukz, I guess I'l have to be a "Cable Guy" and get real good at switching :(,

cableguy.gif

do they make an A/B switch that can allow me to flip flop back N forth by flipping a switch rather then - Pull and Put?

3D3_logo_40pct.gif

Presents...

The Tsukuba 500 Online Sprints

TsukubaCircuit.jpg

Disclaimer: This is *NOT* an official GTPlanet or WRS sanctioned event and members are not obligated to take part.

Event Summary

Title: The Tsukuba 500 Online Sprints
Event: Online adaptation of the GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 37 Event: The Tsukuba 500
Date: Wednesday November 2
North American Race
  • Practice: 6:00 PM Pacific / 9:00 PM Eastern / (GMT = Oct 20 @ 1:00 AM)
  • Qualification: 7:00 PM Pacific / 10:00 PM Eastern / (GMT = Oct 20 @ 2:00 AM)
  • Race Start: 7:15 PM Pacific / 10:15 PM Eastern / (GMT = Oct 20 @ 2:15 AM)
  • Race Duration: ~60 minutes.
European Race
  • Practice: 11:00 AM Pacific / 2:00 PM Eastern / 6:00 PM GMT
  • Qualification: 12:00 PM Pacific / 3:00 PM Eastern / 7:00 PM GMT
  • Race Start: 12:15 PM Pacific / 3:15 PM Eastern / 7:15 PM GMT
  • Race Duration: ~60 minutes.
Sprint Format

Sprints: Four (4x) individual sprint races of 12 laps each (~15 minutes per race, 2 minute break between)
Qualifying: Online quali determines starting order for first race. Reverse grid based on previous finish for remaining races.
Start: Standing grid start for each race.
Points: For each sprint race 16 points awarded for first, 15 for second, etc.
Results: Points accumulated over all four races to determine overall results.

Driver's Meeting/Notes links:

Eligibility for this 3D3 event will include GTP_Registered members plus referred drivers. A registry member can make a referral for this event by simply including other drivers PSN IDs with their own registration request in this thread. To guarantee eligibility for all 3D3 events run the GTP_Registry qualifier and join the registry now!

Registration
  1. Reply to this thread and include in the text of the message your GTP_ PSN ID, the title of this event and which event (EU, NA or Both). To sign up (refer) a driver not on the GTP_Registry, a registered driver should include the PSN ID of the non registered driver(s) in their post.
  2. Send a PSN friend request to GTP_WRP001 and GTP_Hydro with subject line "3D3 Racing" if you haven't already done so. Any referred driver(s) will also need to submit a friend request.
There is a 16 car/driver limit for this event and slots are awarded on the grid using a first come first serve basis. Reference the registered drivers list below for availability. This is a stand alone race and points are not tallied for a series. Future races hosted by 3D3 racing may have different driver limits and will require re-registration using the same first come first serve basis and participation in future events is optional.

If for some reason, after you register for the event, you are unable to attend the race please send a PM to one of the 3D3 racing stewards or post in the thread so we can update the registration list and make the spot available to another driver.

Lounge Settings
  • Race Quality: Standard
  • Voice Chat Quality: Standard. Race stewards will be mic'd for the event. If you have mic or keyboard you can use it.
Track/Car
  • Track: Tsukuba Speedway
  • Car: Premium > Fiat > 500 1.2 8V Lounge '08
Vehicle Specifics:
  • Power: 134 HP (Fully broken-in Car with Oil Change and all upgrades except Turbo's)
  • Engine, Intake, and Exhaust Modifications: All allowed
  • Turbo and Supercharger: Not Allowed
  • Engine Power Limiter: N/A
  • Oil Change : Required
  • Weight: 853 KG MIN (Use of Ballast and Ballast Adjustment is Optional).
  • Transmission: Optional - OK to alter individual gear ratios and final drive ratio
  • Aero: Up to Maximum Downforce is Allowed (rear wing)
  • Tire Type: Comfort Medium (N2's)
  • Other Modifications: Optional (Chassis Reinforcement, Transmission, Drivetrain, Suspension)
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional - Any tuning gimmicks that offer an unfair advantage are not allowed. These would be things like the Subaru Toe Bug found on GT5 Prologue.
Event Settings
  • Game Mode: Normal Race
  • Laps: 12 per race x 4 races
  • Start Type: Grid start
  • Grid Order: Reverse
  • Boost: No
  • Penalty: None
  • Automatic Race Start Cycle: Disabled
  • Race Finish Delay: Set to the Max 180 Seconds
  • Visible Damage: On
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Slipstream Strength: Weak
  • Tire Wear / Fuel Consumption: On [be aware of cold tires at start or first lap out of pits]
  • Pit Stops: Pits Closed for Sprint Races
Regulation Settings
  • Car Restriction: Unrestricted (see vehicle specifics listed above)
  • Performance Points: N/A
  • Power: 134 HP broken-in
  • Weight: 853 KG MIN
  • Tire Restrictions: Comfort Medium (N2's)
  • Vehicle Tuning: Unrestricted
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: Off
  • AS | ASM | Driving Line | TCS: Optional
Standard Clean OLR Rules Apply:
  • Unless otherwise specific all rules from the original WRS event apply.
  • Please read, and familiarize yourself with the track boundary guidelines specified in the original WRS event.
  • You are expected to drive clean at all times as if you are racing in the WRS. All participants are required to follow the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules & Guidelines.
  • 3D3 Race Stewards (who are taking part in race, but will review the replay) reserve the right to boot or invalidate the result of any driver from the Race Room for driving offensively. If you ignore any warnings from the stewards and are booted from the race room, you will not be allowed to participate in future 3D3 events.
  • 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track
  • Limit your contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Passing and Blocking: Aggressive blocking is not permitted, but the driver in front has the right to choose his/her line and braking point and drivers behind should respect that line. Be especially careful when you are on older tires than the competition as the speed difference may be significant. These events are "for fun" so just play nice and take a conservative rather than an aggressive approach when possible.
If for some reason you are unable to finish the race and need to stop:
  • Pull the car over off the track next to a wall and as far from the driving line as possible
  • Press the E-Brake
  • Then press Start
  • This will ghost your car and it won't allow it to interfere with the other drivers.

Good Luck,

3D3 Racing
:
GTP_WRP001
GTP_Hydro
GTP_Gravitron​
DriverRegistration.jpg

First names listed, where we've been given permission
NA Drivers Grid
  1. us.gif
    GTP_CSL ..........
    badge_division_1.png
    ... Dominic .....Ithaca Verde
  2. be.gif
    GTP_Speedy6543 ...
    badge_division_2.png
    ... Christophe ..Maziora Seyfert / Silver chrome rims
  3. us.gif
    GTP_mcfizzle .....
    badge_division_2.png
    ... Scott .......Silver Chrome / Silver Chrome rims
  4. ca.gif
    GTP_Hydro (Host) .
    badge_division_3.png
    ... Marc ........Kenya Orange / Sunburst Yellow rims
  5. us.gif
    GTP_WRP001 .......
    badge_division_3.png
    ... Tim .........Maziora Plreadesll / gold rims
  6. us.gif
    GTP_Gravitron ....
    badge_division_3.png
    ... Lucas .......Mod Blue / gold rims
  7. us.gif
    GTP_LeftyWright ..
    badge_division_3.png
    ... Lefty .......Some Red / yellow rims
  8. us.gif
    GTP_MilleRSVR ....
    badge_division_4.png
    ... Blair .......Pearl Yellow / Black rims

EU Drivers Grid
  1. us.gif
    GTP_CSL ..........
    badge_division_1.png
    ... Dominic .....Ithaca Verde
  2. uk.gif
    GTP_Vagabond .....
    badge_division_1.png
    ... Chris .......Color TBD
  3. dk.gif
    GTP_cicua ........
    badge_division_1.png
    ... Simon .......Chrome Pink / Gold rims
  4. be.gif
    GTP_Speedy6543 ...
    badge_division_2.png
  5. uk.gif
    GTP_Biffy ........
    badge_division_2.png
    ... Jordan ......Color TBD
  6. uk.gif
    GTP_MadMax86 .....
    badge_division_2.png
    ... Pekka .......Gunmetal Metallic / white-red rims
  7. ca.gif
    GTP_Hydro (Host) .
    badge_division_3.png
    ... Marc ........Kenya Orange / Sunburst Yellow rims
  8. us.gif
    GTP_WRP001 .......
    badge_division_3.png
  9. nl.gif
    GTP_Sjaak ........
    badge_division_3.png
    ... .............Epoch White / Lime Green Metallic rims
  10. uk.gif
    GTP_MaxAttack ....
    badge_division_3.png
    ... .............Color TBD
  11. nl.gif
    GTP_Don ..........
    badge_division_3.png
    ... Don .........Red
  12. uk.gif
    GTP_Owen .........
    badge_division_3.png
    ... .............Color TBD

RaceResults.jpg

NA Race Results
3D3_20111102_Event8_Results_NA.png

EU Race Results
3D3_20111102_Event8_Results_EU-1.png

RaceHighlights.jpg
Video Highlights

Live Leaderboards

Pictures

Last edited:
Are you guys (3D3 founders) still working out the details for next weeks race?

I see a sign up for "Tsukuba 500 Sprints" but the link isn't active yet.

Just looking forward to another "3D3" race.:)

Great win last night Tim, you seem to be getting faster every week.👍

EDIT: It appears you posted it while I was typing this.

Sign me up for the NA event!!

I'll go with "Pearl Yellow" paint with black wheels.

Last edited:
Are you guys (3D3 founders) still working out the details for next weeks race?

I see a sign up for "Tsukuba 500 Sprints" but the link isn't active yet.

Just looking forward to another "3D3" race.:)

Great win last night Tim, you seem to be getting faster every week.👍

Look one post above yours. :lol: And thanks... it's all in the practice and repititions!

I've been getting great tips from Kevin. In fact I came in 2nd in my GT500 series and I owe at least one position to tips from Kevin. And I don't think I beat Kevin last night if he doesn't give me tips for a few corners during practice runs. His advice came back to haunt him, but I hope he doesn't regret giving it. :sly:

This next sprint setup should be special and a nice change of pace from Fuji and we're anticipating a pretty "pure" race oriented setup next week at Spa so we figured it was a good time to insert something completely different.

Note: We can paint the cars this week so we can pick unique colors. I'm going with Maziora Plreadesll (color shifting purple) with gold rims.

Man "W" living in the stickz sukz, I guess I'l have to be a "Cable Guy" and get real good at switching :(,

Do they make an A/B switch that can allow me to flip flop back N forth by flipping a switch rather then - Pull and Put?

Because you are bypassing the router when trying to go for NAT 1 an A/B type switch wouldn't work anyway. Basically you'll have to go the physical "cable guy" method... but it's only once a week... you probably don't need to bother for practice, just the races. Unless you get the process down and then you may just decide it's worth it to always have NAT 1 when you are racing online.

Last edited:
It's a crappy car but I'm in for both events again :sly:

Edit:
Mine is Maziora Seyfert and Silver chrome rims

I need to look to find out what the name of my dark blue is, but I also have gold rims. :P

I'll keep people's color choices in the Driver Reg area, just let us know in the thread. 👍

Credit to Tim for the cool "Sprints" idea. :cheers:

Look one post above yours. :lol: And thanks... it's all in the practice and repititions!

I've been getting great tips from Kevin. In fact I came in 2nd in my GT500 series and I owe at least one position to tips from Kevin. And I don't think I beat Kevin last night if he doesn't give me tips for a few corners during practice runs. His advice came back to haunt him, but I hope he doesn't regret giving it. :sly:

Note: We can paint the cars this week so we can pick unique colors. I'm going with Maziora Plreadesll (color shifting purple) with gold rims.

I never mind giving advice. I've already come to the conclusion some time ago that I'll never be the very fastest here, and not even one of the fastest with the time I have to commit, so I try to make up for it by being consistent and having a really good understanding of the technical approaches that can make up tenths. Helping you guys become better racers is part of the community and part of the fun. Hopefully you'll start to learn more and car return the favor someday. :sly:

Put me down for Plum Crazy with Black Wheels.

Here is my car I hope the customization won't be a big deal. I just needed something to seperate me from the pack :)

4v3dyw.jpg

Somekind of red w/ yellow rollerz

I had some fun taking the grid start in pics and sequencing them :sly:

👍 Cool. I was thinking the other day it would be cool in replay mode to be able to move the camera around for the external video shot like you can do in photo mode. I imagine that would require too much horse power for a PS3, but it would make it a lot easier to pull off the shot you did with that sequence.

EDK
Was it just me or did it take forever for me to finally spin out? :lol:

Sign me up for next week, love the 4 sprints.
I'll go with my new standard racing color, Verde Ithaca. (From Lamborghini)

BTW, not sure what happened with Welsh, but sorry for the start, got so busy checking my rearview I totally fudged the braking point for turn 1, not that it seemed to hurt much.

Weekend is a total washout for me (gig, guest, rehearsal), so I won't really be able to run the WRS event or practice much. Iif (if and only if) there's empty slots, I might show up to get schooledrace anyway, if that's OK.

Lucas dubbed me Eely, and I'm fine with that (pretend it's Healey with a silent H ;-).

How many Leftys can you fit in that car? Love it!

👍 Cool. I was thinking the other day it would be cool in replay mode to be able to move the camera around for the external video shot like you can do in photo mode. I imagine that would require too much horse power for a PS3, but it would make it a lot easier to pull off the shot you did with that sequence.
I did a replay once trying to match a race view like you watch a race on tv. This takes forever though.
You need to record each drivers replay in the off-car camera.
And then comes the real work matching each take onto the previous...

Yeah, you took forever indeed. :lol:
I saw you swirling left and right and I was thinking pass left...no, pass right...no no, take left again...

Last edited:
CSLACR

Sign me up for next week, love the 4 sprints.
I'll go with my new standard racing color, Verde Ithaca. (From Lamborghini)

BTW, not sure what happened with Welsh, but sorry for the start, got so busy checking my rearview I totally fudged the braking point for turn 1, not that it seemed to hurt much.

By the time Kevin and I came by the spin scene the smoke was clear and you were settled to the left. I was wondering how you ended up way down there. Did that carry all the way from the exit of 1?

The start / first corner just felt a bit ugly in real time but not so bad watching on replay. welsh definitely seemed to come out ok and speedy once again managed to get by me on the first corner. I think starting inside helps as from outside I error too much on giving room to inside and end up going wide and opening the door. I could use practice just on grid starts and first few turns...I guess well get some of that next week in the sprints... Can't wait.

First names listed, where we've been given permission

NA Drivers Grid
  1. us.gif
    GTP_CSL ..........
    badge_division_1.png
    ... .............Ithaca Verde
  2. be.gif
    GTP_Speedy6543 ...
    badge_division_2.png
  3. us.gif
    GTP_EDK ..........
    badge_division_2.png
    ... Kevin .......Plum Crazy / Black Wheels
  4. us.gif
    GTP_mcfizzle .....
    badge_division_2.png
    ... Scott .......Silver Chrome / Silver Chrome Wheels
  5. ca.gif
    GTP_Hydro (Host) .
    badge_division_3.png
    ... Marc .....
  6. us.gif
    GTP_WRP001 .......
    badge_division_3.png
  7. us.gif
    GTP_Gravitron ....
    badge_division_3.png
    ... Lucas .......Mod Blue / gold rims
  8. us.gif
    GTP_LeftyWright ..
    badge_division_3.png
    ... Lefty .......Some Red / yellow rims
  9. us.gif
    GTP_gooners_17 ...
    badge_division_3.png
    ... Mohit .......Sassy Grass Green / Black rims
  10. us.gif
    GTP_MilleRSVR ....
    badge_division_4.png
    ... Blair .......Pearl Yellow / Black rims

EU Drivers Grid
  1. be.gif
    GTP_Speedy6543 ...
    badge_division_2.png
  2. ca.gif
    GTP_Hydro (Host) .
    badge_division_3.png
    ... Marc ........
  3. us.gif
    GTP_WRP001 .......
    badge_division_3.png
  4. us.gif
    GTP_gooners_17 ...
    badge_division_3.png
    ... Mohit .......Sassy Grass Green / Black rims

Last edited:
By the time Kevin and I came by the spin scene the smoke was clear and you were settled to the left. I was wondering how you ended up way down there. Did that carry all the way from the exit of 1?

The start / first corner just felt a bit ugly in real time but not so bad watching on replay. welsh definitely seemed to come out ok and speedy once again managed to get by me on the first corner. I think starting inside helps as from outside I error too much on giving room to inside and end up going wide and opening the door. I could use practice just on grid starts and first few turns...I guess well get some of that next week in the sprints... Can't wait.

Yup :D Almost lost it, almost lost it, almost lost it, almost....gone. Something like that. :lol:

I saw Speedy twice right before he zinged past on the outside :eek: which is not where I would have recommended he go :lol: Almost took him down with me.
But in fairness I could have spun either way, I imagine he expected me to spin fully at least twice before I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back