GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
Considering this is NASCAR we're talking about, I'd feel guilty overpowering a stock car in a series known for close racing.

You don't have to worry about that since it's impossible to tune NASCAR cars (as in buying performance upgrades), the only thing you can do to get a slight advantage is to break in your car to its max potential (after 180 miles it has more horsepower than the ones used by the AI drivers) and find a right set up.
I'll agree it's the hardest one of the NASCAR races but certainly doable, just stay 'in the pack' for most laps and time your attack right so they won't be able to pass you in the slipstream on the last lap, not sure this is helpful or whether I'm saying something you know already.

Last edited:
Old but New Seasonal event!

Dream Car Championship:

PP: 750

Dream Car Championship: Grand Valley Speedway /5 Laps

Dream Car Championship: Special Stage Route 5 /5 Laps

Dream Car Championship: Spa-Francorchamps /5 Laps

Dream Car Championship: Suzuka Circuit /5 Laps

Dream Car Championship: Eifel (Circuit) 111A /5 Laps

We're just spoiled by how good premiums are. I would rather PD didn't invest huge resources in upgrading standards to premium. Touch-ups would be appreciated where window pillars and arches are pixelated, but I don't see a reason to remodel when each one takes an artist 6 months.

I agree the standard for the most part just need a bit of sprucing up, jaggy edges smoothed, headlight details revamped and any decals the car has being upgraded.

I dont need to see every bolt perfectly modelled

Old but New Seasonal event!

Dream Car Championship:

PP: 750

Dream Car Championship: Grand Valley Speedway /5 Laps

Dream Car Championship: Special Stage Route 5 /5 Laps

Dream Car Championship: Spa-Francorchamps /5 Laps

Dream Car Championship: Suzuka Circuit /5 Laps

Dream Car Championship: Eifel (Circuit) 111A /5 Laps

Just about to attempt Spa. 👍

I made my GT5 debut around Spa-Francorchamps with the latest Seasonal. Even though I am not very good with this track, I am somewhat better at doing this track than I am with almost any Nürburgring track. PD did a great job re-creating this track. I think there were a good number of people who wanted to see Spa-Francorchamps in GT. I know a lot more would want to see a track like Bathurst, but this track was done very nicely by PD. Full respect to PD on this!

I recently cleared the Dream Car Championship. I did that one before attempting Formula Gran Turismo because I felt like I had a better chance at clearing that one than I would with Formula GT. I dominated most of the races in the Peugeot 908 HDi FAP, but because of how much the car wants to snap like a twig in corners under acceleration at times, I had to be careful to keep this car stable. I still won every race in the series. I ESPECIALLY wanted to clear that final race because I do not want to race the Nürburgring 24H course and lose (like I did in GT All-Stars).

By virtue of having 850 or so cars, I picked up a Gold Chrome paint item for my efforts. I will NOT use that on a car. I once saw an online race, and this one guy had a Gold Chrome Ferrari F40. It looked horrid on that car! Best to save it for wheels in my view.

Still not sure if the new "harbor" track is the same as the "test course" one that can also be seen in the Spec II intro video (EDIT: looks like it is). Looks great, though.

Last edited:
I was just gonna say "Que the 'OMG, new track!!' Comments".

All I'm gonna say is this: Remember that Paved version of Toscana from the 458 video? or the road from the FT-86 concept video that everyone speculated was Grindelwald? Where are they now?

Other then that, great video and great song.

Even though these are new videos looking tracks there is no guarantee they will be in the game. We have always seen videos of tracks that we never get to drive on.

Last edited:
Even though these are new videos there is no guarantee they will be in the game. We have always seen videos of tracks that we never get to drive on.

Pretty much the point I was trying to make.

Also, I'm sure its only one video and not two.

Well the new NSX concept is pretty confirmed for future DLC or free add-on car, but the track is not, like all promotional purpose videos that PD has been collaborated so far.

Those possibilities exist. Maybe these were environments and tracks specifically made for the featured cars. I think we all go crazy if we see some sort of environment that we think may result in a future track for the GT series. The only way we can know for sure we'll actually see new tracks is if we see some kind of racing action take place. I doubt we'd see a bunch of Super GT cars battle down those harbor and industrial roads. So I guess I'm saying "don't get your hopes up" if you're thinking we'll get some new courses up. Maybe I'll be proven wrong, but I'm with RACECAR here.

There's always the possibility that the variations on existing tracks are to be released as a package of DLC, as a single track is considered too minor?

I would'nt write off any of the tracks we've seen in promo videos actually. I wouldn't be surprised to see any or all of them to turn up as DLC, maybe not the next DLC, but at some point in the future.

Great news !
That looks like a brand new Test Course to me.
We can see the 100m marks on the road, just like in the Spec II video.
Plus the large banking gives it away IMO.
Not sure if it will come to the game but I sure hope it will.
Same about the Acura of course.

-> I've discussed the details about the new Driving Park: Test Course '10s HERE.

-> The speculation of the second track is in fact the same track! One side is a shipping harbor and one side is a satellite dish. This very Test Course is so massive it can easily be mistaken as two separate tracks! ;)

I would'nt write off any of the tracks we've seen in promo videos actually. I wouldn't be surprised to see any or all of them to turn up as DLC, maybe not the next DLC, but at some point in the future.

+1

They have (at least) All of 2012 to release potentially 6 new DLC packages.

I bet we could see as many as 3 new tracks this year :)

I mentioned in The Vanishing Boy's thread on missing tracks that I take back what I said if this is a track we can actually race. I thought initially it might be a track based in Tokyo. The course from the NSX video somewhat kind of reminds me of good old highway battle on Wangan B (at least from my Tokyo Xtreme Racer playing days). It's a great looking track regardless.

Tidbits of update 2.03

New DLCs: Speed Test Pack, Car Pack 3

Special Stage Route X Oval

Nissan – Leaf G 2011
Aston Martin – V12 Vantage 2010
Volkswagen – Volkswagen 1200 1966
Jaguar – XJR-9 LM Racecar 1988
Lamborghini – Aventador LP700-4 2011
Mini – Mini Cooper S Country man (R60) 2011

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php