slipSHOTS: GT5

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 707 comments
Well that was fast. Car only came out yesterday. :P

1st shot:
It's quite nice. The magenta heavy colour balance works well with the car colour, though the red rumble strip looks a bit distracting. I would have toned down the saturation.
I'm not the one with a job in design though. :lol:

2nd shot:
Not much to say here. A nice simple picture. 👍

3rd shot:
May seem like it suffers from the same problem as the first shot, but there is less of the red here and the shot is laid out in a way that works well. I almost feel like it helps highlight the direction the car is going. It highlights the left hand corner.
Or I'm just looking into it too much. :lol:

4th shot:
My favourite of the bunch. It's not too complicated. There's only the yellow-green background and the blue car. Provides a nice contrast. It's very simple and very effective.

More please! :D

I wish people would stop by here and take some notes before they post in the "Realism" thread. Great stuff as always Slipz. Love the colors, too.

slipshots presents

(click on images for full-size)
_________________________​

Update Info: My original plan to end the year couldn't be finished in time, but here's something, while common, I actually haven't tried yet - the LFA at the 'Ring. I figured as it is one of the best looking car/track combinations, it'd be the perfect way to end the year. See you all in 2012!

slzk - Thanks, that was my first serious run on Spa in weeks, and the car was nearly stock. Quite a fun combo!

jus1029 - Do it in the New Year, it'll be unexpected :P

20832 - It sounded alright, but like most cars in GT5, it sounds better with the stock exhaust :)

SVX & Beccosinho - Thanks both of you!

Franz - Long time no see good buddy! Yep, you guessed it - I too wanted the BRZ, so using the Scooby colour I've got a few dozen of made the most sense.

grrlpurple - Perhaps we'll see the car again shortly...

RG - Thanks! The tweaks to Photomode in 2.02 are very welcome 👍

Nato_777 - You're too kind (as always) :P

Boabdulrahman - I really should get around to posting my editing methods, I think. Thanks!

ShaolinMasta - Welcome to the 'Planet! :)

FishyJuice - Thank you very, very, very much :lol:

Horde - Thank you!

Apok - Due to the speed I got it up, I didn't fiddle with areas of images specifically, but yeah, the red probably could've been toned down. It was all about getting the update out and consumed!

Primus - Heh, thank you. Weird fact - the "realistic" thread has almost triple the replies as the "post your latest" does. Seems odd, no?

Soloracer3 - Thank you, sir!

Last edited:
Very nice as always SlipZ! 👍

One small thing not sure if its just my screen but I think the first is a tad heavy on the noise and something has happened in the bottom left

Great, great, great, great... :P

Great set, if this is your heading for '12, I won't mind that. ;) I think I like #3 the most, great lighting in that one.

The warm tones and the colour balance work really well here. I like the fact you used different angles and tried (with success) to get good contrasts (shadows look good). The lighting is something you put the focus on and you know that I like that. :P Otherwise, there is nothing to complain about (I feel like the noise level in the first picture is too high, but you maybe set it higher on purpose?).

All in all, a lovely update. I wish you all the best for the new year and may your next update come soon! :cheers:

Last edited:

slipshotspotentportable.png

slipshotspotentportable.png

Update Info: Have an iPhone 4 or 4S? Here are 50 high-quality PNG lock screens! As an added little perk, every thumbnail also doubles as an avatar. I know, I know, this isn't technically new content, but there is one previously unseen image in there... you'll have to find it. I'm working on getting a full ZIP file available of the entire pack, as well. Enjoy!

Soloracer3 - Hmm, on a different screen I see it far more clearly now :nervous: . That's unfortunate... thanks for pointing it out though!

Fishy - Heh, visiting one of the most common car/track combos? Yep, that's how I'm ringing in the new year! Actually, I do have something special planned for the next update... :sly:

sems4arsenal - You're too kind :)

Shaolin - Thanks!

jus1029 - Hope your new year was/has been great, too 👍

uMadson - It's my lazy presentation style :P

MR - Thank you as always, friend! Like I mentioned to Fishy, I've got something special lined up, hopefully it'll be available by the end of the weekend...

Sejtur - Absolutely! Awesome to see you back in the thick of things :cheers:

Update Info: Have an iPhone 4 or 4S? Here are 50 high-quality PNG lock screens! As an added little perk, every thumbnail also doubles as an avatar. I know, I know, this isn't technically new content, but there is one previously unseen image in there... you'll have to find it. I'm working on getting a full ZIP file available of the entire pack, as well. Enjoy!

Gimmie please! :)

Very good idea, I shall have a check to see if these work for my HTC when I get home later.👍

They fit well onto the Galaxy S screen too if you only have 1 home screen. The blue banding at the top and bottom is really distracting though, there's not a lot of actual photo left once you position the image in the middle of the screen :( Is there any way to get a full screen portrait image that would fit a phone screen without losing quality?

Interesting idea - and a good execution! I have not seen this done before, so well done. Even this year, you still know how to make me curious about certain things. :P Oh, and I like that 'consume' bit. :D

That's a shame. Nice idea, but I'm one of the "smart" guys who doesn't have a iPhone.
I stick to Android, Baby! :sly:

Alright, breaking my typical tradition and responding before the next update :)

Leicht - Heh, I just got a 4 thanks to an awesome Boxing Day deal. 4S is $160 on a three year plan, but my 4 cost me... $0. Who can say no? Especially since my awful BlackBerry's contract was expiring this month anyways!

Nato - There may be hope... (read below ;) )

Soloracer3 - I'm not sure how they will work out since I have no experience with that model, but do let me know what changes may need to be made!

Mitch - I've essentially been living on mine since I've got it, makes checking up on GTP much easier, especially moderator duties, while I'm away from home. Which has been quite often the past few months - I'm spending over 12 hours a week on a train!

Moglet - If you can get me the resolution of your phone (or even better, a screen capture of either the lock screen or the home screen), I can probably create a more Android-friendly collection :)

MR - I actually did something like this back during GT4! Then, though, it was avatars and PSP background images. I forgot how tiny those were, resolution-wise.

20832 - Damn! :P. Like I said to Moglet, if either of you could get me the specs for the right-sized background, especially if it includes the normal info that will be displayed on-screen during a lock (or the app icons on the Home screen, I'm not too familiar with Android), I can whip up some images for that too :)

Primus - Carried that over from my GT4 collection, too :P

el fayce - Oh, hope these work on that as well!

As always, thanks for the support guys - the next two updates are both things I haven't yet done in this gallery, so I'm excited to get them out to you over the next few days 👍

slipshots presents

(click on images for full-size)

Update Info: Just in case you haven't seen enough of the Vent-Door and SSRX yet... Enjoy! :D

Last edited:
Absolutely stunning! The car colour is perfect - if I had the mula to buy an Aventador in real life I'ld get it in that colour. :)

Last edited:
Back