The Le Mans General Discussion Thread

Pagenaud and Bourdais have both secured a full season IndyCar drive and the yet-to-be-confirmed Milwaukee round that is very likely to conflict with Le Mans might be the end for 2 of these guys in Le Mans and for Peugeot.

I'm not denying the fact that Sarrazin, Montagny and Davisdon are the experts and big guns in Peugeot but Lamy, Wurz, Pagenaud and Bourdais are all good drivers and are also big guns to help taking down the Audis. They're well experienced behind the Peugeot team.

However, Marino Franchitti, Lucas Di Grassi, Bertrand Baguette, Loic Duval, Olivier Pla and 2011 reserve driver JK Vernay have all been tested and might take the vacant seats. But it all depends whether Peugeot is running their program or not.

Wurz, Pagenaud and Bourdais yes all very quick and talented.
Regardless of LM-Bourdais will run Spa and 1 other round. (He's not done)
Lamy used to be a strong performer but Lamy absolutely horrid in anything he drove all year long in 2011

From my email to Prodrive in regards to a Prodrive built GT1 Saleen or Corvette....

"Dear Mitchell,

Thank you very much for your enquiry.

Prodrive's contract with Aston Martin means we are not able to have any involvement in another GT programme other than with Aston Martin.

It is however likely we will develop an Aston Martin to meet the 2012 GT1 regulations.

Best Regards

Greg Harris"

Bit laughable on the 2012 GT1 car (ain't gonna happen) but yes, Prodrive will only do A-M GT or LMP projects.

396801_282132205176098_100001379635803_727510_1313307942_n.jpg

403213_282131941842791_100001379635803_727508_442615410_n.jpg

Courtesy of AUTOhebdo we have the 2012 Toyota LMP1 Hybrid.

I highly doubt those images represent anything close to the final product. It looks horrible, but I'm pretty sure the real thing will look a whole lot different once it hits the track.

I actually like the oldschool looking colors. I guess these new LMP1 cars are decidedly not about the overall look of them, though, if the R18 is setting the precedent.

Did Dubai happen already?

Just seen on twitter that Peugeot has suspended their P1 programme as of now. Trying to find something official to confirm at the minute..

Just seen on twitter that Peugeot has suspended their P1 programme as of now. Trying to find something official to confirm at the minute..

That sucks, hopefully Toyota can become competitive fast or the overall race in the 24 will be bland, at least there is still the GT class (Can't say much on the LMP2 class until the entry list is out).

WEC P1 will be a walk over now, hopefully Audi doesn't consider pulling the plug due to lack of competition.

I sort of quite like it. Sure its not really all that much of a looker, but neither is the R18 if I'm honest.

Looks like they stole the Big Honkin Fin from the Audi R18.

Not sure it can be considered stealing since the Peugeot also has one. As mentioned though, its basically a requirement for LMP1 and LMP2

The lmp cars are looking more and more crazy over the years.

The ACO should go back to the old school GT1 rules and mix them with the new consumption rules that are supposedly to take affect in 2014.

Make a prototype that is based on a car that the company sells. Say at least 75 examples of the road car should be made. That way, people can see the resemblence between the race car and the road car.

The honking fins and all other weird safety aero work are really not necessary, and actually making the cars more sensitive.

/\ LOL! Where the hell were you in 2008? Remember LMP EVO? The manufacturers didn't like it so the ACO stuck with current prototypes...

/\ LOL! Where the hell were you in 2008? Remember LMP EVO? The manufacturers didn't like it so the ACO stuck with current prototypes...

That's what I was referring to lol!:dopey:

But the manufactures didn't like it? Or was it just Audi?

In any case, hopefully by 2014, the aero rules become a lot less quirky.

Only GM was keen (thus the windtunnel model you will find pictures of if you google Corvette LMP1) and everyone else was against it....quite sad really as those cars would be impossible to put a BHF and BHHs on and would be faster than todays P1s.

Latest Posts

Back