Community built 2.0.5 changelog and bugtracker

• Thread starter Abraxas
  • 533 comments
Has anyone experience this odd behavior at Route X or any other track?

This morning just before the start of a Veyron race at Route X several cars, including mine, appeared to drop from 20 feet above onto the track. When the count down reaches START everything seems fine until you try bump drafting another car. Even though your lining your vehicle up to the bumper of the car in front of you the car in front of you reacts like you hit it from an angle causing it to be pushed to the side.

This issue is a little difficult to describe but I've witnessed this behavior several times. Perhaps it's just some sort of lag issue but I've never seen this happen before the update.

Yeah, as I said. If the person who is in the kart stays on track, then the person who wants the f10 resets and then goes to track should work? Or it may be the other way round (restrict to f1 only and then unrestrict for karts?)

Does not work. Resetting to unrestricted does not allow Ferrari F1's on the track. I guess it's not possible.

g0ld
Does not work. Resetting to unrestricted does not allow Ferrari F1's on the track. I guess it's not possible.

My kid had Karts and F1's on track at one time. Been a month or so ago. So relative to this update. I don't know.

I can ask him in about two hours how he does it and if it's still doable. LoL

Edit:

Someone else check the Stealth NSX sound issue for me. Please. I want to confirm its global and then post on Kaz Tweet. It should be simple fix considering other NSX's are fine.

The f1 thing may have changed due to the update...

I will check the stealth nsx in a while as I'll be on later.

After qualifying in an online race, when "fastest first" is selected, is the grid always in the right order now?

Evolvedsoul
What..?

I thought the kart being invisible would be a bug and therefore fitting in this thread? :U

No, the trolley is there, it just stays in the corner. Which has already been reported in this thread.

I may be wrong but i hear a sound glitch in every car when you start very slow like a small wisper or something if you can confirm this or something is wrong with my sound system

I don't know if is is a bug or not but I had my Ford GT 06 in the Tuning Shop and noticed that if I was on Stage 3 Weight Reductioin or Stage 3 Engine Tuning and hit left on the d pad, the menu would back out to the previous screen.

dimangelogtp
I may be wrong but i hear a sound glitch in every car when you start very slow like a small wisper or something if you can confirm this or something is wrong with my sound system

Car and track. What steps to repeat it. I'll give it a look or listen I should say.

Having the sound problem with my League car has really been a downer. So if indeed the sound has issues else where we need to get it pinned down so PD may have a shot at fixing it.

Also my kid said you can get both karts and F1's on track still. Headed to dinner. When I get back. I record him doing so and you all can try it.

:)

I tried to video the sound problem. Knowing better. 5.1 recorded with one mic isn't gonna reproduce the channel switch. LoL

I may need an SPL meter. I have access to one if need be. Buddy runs a stereo shop.

Car and track. What steps to repeat it. I'll give it a look or listen I should say.

You can do this easy ,start your car with a high gear switch the cam in the front of the car its there even in replay mode its something like a lag in the engine high tones.

It could be your television doesn't display the entire 100% of the screen as the trolley is only just visible.

Anyway a quick fix and an improvement would be to get rid of the animation altogether.

You are totally right. Some of these bugs have been taken from old 2.0.2 list and still are not verified. I plan to clean this up with next update as some of bugs have not been reported again since 2.0.2. I don't play much online so in that section I rely on others, but still bug have to be verified by more than one user. Believe me, I didn't add many reports as they had too less details. Other than online bugs I try to reproduce myself.

Ah good to hear, and for another tip is maybe good to provide the original bug founders name as well as another 2nd testers name on every bug.
I also think you should post in the OP that when a person finds a so called bug, he has to reproduce it, or let someone else reproduce it.

I want to do a 2 player battle with split screen on f.ex Nurburgring with changing weather, but there is a red bar on several of the tracks in all categories included those I've made with the track creator and like to use weather change and time function. Is this a bug or is it something which isn't implemented yet ?

Rewind and forward functions don't function properly in online races. I've tried using the functions for one of my racing series. Everytime you try to go forward a sector, it will forward you to the next lap, to the nearest sector.

This happens due to the racer having installed Horizon 00 Helmet.
The Double Stripe 00 Suit also does the same thing as both these items are known as Glitch Gear. Been around since just before the first DLC.
Question is, is it still there. Can someone confirm it?

Others I need help to confirm. Having sound issues with Stealth NSX.

At around 5500 RPM I get the sound breaking up and switching speakers. It's very terrible and the bouncing of channels is completely annoying.

Enter a turn and the sound will favor the side you are turning too.

We've tried this in several tracks, offline, online, different PS3 with its own account. All present.

Introduce the ARTA NSX in the same tests. It's works perfect. Sound is fantastic like the Stealth used to be. No channel swapping it breaking up. No channel swapping in turns.

This is mostly noticed in Bumper cam.

If anyone could check this. You really need Surround Sound or 5.1 headset to get the full effect if this sound bug.

Thanks!!
I don't have stealth cars, so we'll have to wait for another user to confirm it.

I don't know if is is a bug or not but I had my Ford GT 06 in the Tuning Shop and noticed that if I was on Stage 3 Weight Reductioin or Stage 3 Engine Tuning and hit left on the d pad, the menu would back out to the previous screen.
Already covered. Turbo screen has same bug.

Having the sound problem with my League car has really been a downer. So if indeed the sound has issues else where we need to get it pinned down so PD may have a shot at fixing it.

Also my kid said you can get both karts and F1's on track still. Headed to dinner. When I get back. I record him doing so and you all can try it.

:)

I tried to video the sound problem. Knowing better. 5.1 recorded with one mic isn't gonna reproduce the channel switch. LoL

I may need an SPL meter. I have access to one if need be. Buddy runs a stereo shop.
So I take it as confirmed. About sound issues. I don't have any surround system so we'll have to wait for confirmation from someone else.

Ah good to hear, and for another tip is maybe good to provide the original bug founders name as well as another 2nd testers name on every bug.
I also think you should post in the OP that when a person finds a so called bug, he has to reproduce it, or let someone else reproduce it.
I try to do that. And I'll add info about reproducing bugs.

I want to do a 2 player battle with split screen on f.ex Nurburgring with changing weather, but there is a red bar on several of the tracks in all categories included those I've made with the track creator and like to use weather change and time function. Is this a bug or is it something which isn't implemented yet ?
Weather tracks have been banned from 2P mode since release. Course creator tracks are marked as a bug because they worked fine in 2P in previous versions of GT5.

Rewind and forward functions don't function properly in online races. I've tried using the functions for one of my racing series. Everytime you try to go forward a sector, it will forward you to the next lap, to the nearest sector.
I'll try to check that today, but I always thought that replay key frames were not connected to sectors and depended on race length.

I don't know if it's a known bug.....

In online lounge, when you select "No Active Steering", in the chat window, it will say "Active Steering allowed" even though it's disabled. Toggling the option still bring the wrong message...

Nothing major....but it's annoying...

Edit: Never mind. Not a glitch. I just forgot why it wasn't working.

Last edited:
I noticed that driving back to A-Spec after your bob had a B-spec race, no more set the gearbox to 'auto'. Before the 2.04 patch It was really annoying to put gearbox to 'manual' everytime time I did that.

I encountered a new one yesterday. I was racing in a public room and had the bug where tire noise goes away. That's not new to me, but in this instance there was no noise from the other cars at all. No engine noise, no tire noise, nothing. Very odd. Anybody else had this one happen?

I encountered a new one yesterday. I was racing in a public room and had the bug where tire noise goes away. That's not new to me, but in this instance there was no noise from the other cars at all. No engine noise, no tire noise, nothing. Very odd. Anybody else had this one happen?

I keep getting the tyre noise going away too, usualy happens to me after the track is changed or a race is finished then returning to free run. Very annoying and makes it feel like i'm driving on ice as I have no audio input to tell me "your car is sliding slow down"

I've not noticed if other car noise goes away too, usualy when it happens to me I leave and rejoin the lobby, next time it does happen i'll stick around and see if other cars noise stops too.

There was a bug I just remembered, which I don't think has been fixed as of yet (I question if it can even be fixed though).

If someone sends you a gift, backup your save and then take the gift. Copy your save back to the PS3 and you'll find the same gift is there, sounds good right? Actually, no it isn't.

You can't remove this gift nor take it, so it's permanently stuck there. It's really annoying if you make this mistake, like I have.

I hope there's a fix for this, cause honestly, I don't want to have stuck gifts on my profile.

UNOFFICIAL FEATURE

Hosts in open lobbies can now view the 'exit' screen, but their car remains on track. This allows players to be kicked without having to go to the pits.

Since we are talking log issues received suits always say #1 compared to its actual number. Also ceratin special events and all endurance races dont show up. When I did the AMG for all golds for example sector 1 4 and full lap were in my log but not 2 and 3.

Also I have discovered it is very very likely if you are in the xmb at all when the game is loading especailly while leaving a lobby or while the game is loading up before the main menu etc it will freeze and freeze were the system has to do an integrity check etc.

Also as far as I can see the glitch where names dont show up but empty boxes with the position show up is fixed although since 2.04 qualyfying fastest first seems to work even less now.

The black screen when a race starts and as soon as 1 person leaves it starts issue still there.

The black screen when joining lobby or starting seasonal events where there is a slow loading bar that does nothing when it gets full is still there. (In a seasonal the driver grid on top will flicker a little)

Last edited:
This thread is pretty amazing. All PD has to do is read this and they will have GT5 bug free in no time. I bet you they watch this thread.

This thread is pretty amazing. All PD has to do is read this and they will have GT5 bug free in no time. I bet you they watch this thread.

This thread is really amazing, but if PD really watched this closely there would not be as many bugs listed in "purple" - bugs from previous version/s confirmed to exist in current version. Some of them are really, really simple bugs that would take almost no effort to correct (ex typos in car descriptions).

If I remember correctly, cars shouldn't be slightly transparent in the rear-view mirror. I think this is new, I've never seen it before, so it's must be new unless someone can prove this wrong. :) (Only the rear-view mirror in cockpit mode, side-mirrors are not affected)

Back