Community built 2.0.5 changelog and bugtracker

• Thread starter Abraxas
  • 533 comments
I'm sorry for delay. Had some health issues last weekend. I'll try to update list today. And it looks like I have to change thread name again tonight :D

Not sure if this has been noted but atleast on '91 Celica RC I could adjust the VCD only in 5% steps instead of the old 1% steps.

Not sure if this has been noted but atleast on '91 Celica RC I could adjust the VCD only in 5% steps instead of the old 1% steps.

Yep, it was noticed with the Subies and Ive tested numerous other 4WDs with the VCD and it can only be adjusted in 5% increments now..

Bugger.. Well, not that it really matters, I usually set it to even or x5 anyways, but it still irritates my inner OCD freak.. :lol:

Was going to say track options need a reset to be available to the room leader can is still there but since the update is coming don't really matter.

Since the positon boxes with just the numbers seems fixed and since I havent seen any of this happen yet the empty comments box when people join a lounge or invalidate the next trial lap cam be removed unless anyone has seen this.

You may want to combine a few of the online bugs into one. Something like 'There is a black screen right when a race starts. It usually takes a long time to clear but generally happens right after one person leaves the room. Sometimes you get a countdown others the race starts right away.

Also Lewis Hamiltons freeze bug could be due to corruption but just in case it could be added to the "9A" bug. Black screen after a seasonal race or leaving a lounge. Requires reset of the game but usually not the system. Seems to happen more often at SSRX.

Last edited:
Rev Limiter has been removed on the Racing Kart Jr, meaning you can go past the RPM meter.
Tried that and everything works perfectly fine o_O

I don't know if it's a known bug.....

In online lounge, when you select "No Active Steering", in the chat window, it will say "Active Steering allowed" even though it's disabled. Toggling the option still bring the wrong message...

Nothing major....but it's annoying...
Can someone confirm this in US/UK English version? Polish is fine.

I noticed that driving back to A-Spec after your bob had a B-spec race, no more set the gearbox to 'auto'. Before the 2.04 patch It was really annoying to put gearbox to 'manual' everytime time I did that.
Thanks. Added. I forgot about that bug and it's not even on our list.

I encountered a new one yesterday. I was racing in a public room and had the bug where tire noise goes away. That's not new to me, but in this instance there was no noise from the other cars at all. No engine noise, no tire noise, nothing. Very odd. Anybody else had this one happen?
Let's leave it under "tyre noise is gone" bug for now.

There was a bug I just remembered, which I don't think has been fixed as of yet (I question if it can even be fixed though).

If someone sends you a gift, backup your save and then take the gift. Copy your save back to the PS3 and you'll find the same gift is there, sounds good right? Actually, no it isn't.

You can't remove this gift nor take it, so it's permanently stuck there. It's really annoying if you make this mistake, like I have.

I hope there's a fix for this, cause honestly, I don't want to have stuck gifts on my profile.
Added.

UNOFFICIAL FEATURE

Hosts in open lobbies can now view the 'exit' screen, but their car remains on track. This allows players to be kicked without having to go to the pits.
Added

Since we are talking log issues received suits always say #1 compared to its actual number. Also ceratin special events and all endurance races dont show up. When I did the AMG for all golds for example sector 1 4 and full lap were in my log but not 2 and 3.

Also I have discovered it is very very likely if you are in the xmb at all when the game is loading especailly while leaving a lobby or while the game is loading up before the main menu etc it will freeze and freeze were the system has to do an integrity check etc.

Also as far as I can see the glitch where names dont show up but empty boxes with the position show up is fixed although since 2.04 qualyfying fastest first seems to work even less now.

The black screen when a race starts and as soon as 1 person leaves it starts issue still there.

The black screen when joining lobby or starting seasonal events where there is a slow loading bar that does nothing when it gets full is still there. (In a seasonal the driver grid on top will flicker a little)
1. With suits it's clear so added it.
2. Tried to replicate it without success
3. Removed problem with names...
4. ...purpled others

Was going to say track options need a reset to be available to the room leader can is still there but since the update is coming don't really matter.

Since the positon boxes with just the numbers seems fixed and since I havent seen any of this happen yet the empty comments box when people join a lounge or invalidate the next trial lap cam be removed unless anyone has seen this.

You may want to combine a few of the online bugs into one. Something like 'There is a black screen right when a race starts. It usually takes a long time to clear but generally happens right after one person leaves the room. Sometimes you get a countdown others the race starts right away.

Also Lewis Hamiltons freeze bug could be due to corruption but just in case it could be added to the "9A" bug. Black screen after a seasonal race or leaving a lounge. Requires reset of the game but usually not the system. Seems to happen more often at SSRX.
I don't understand first one.
I tried to make others clearer. Take a look and tell me if it's ok, or maybe you'll prepare better online bugs list and I'll just paste it to first post. Thank you for all your input. I really appreciated it.

It isn't a bug or something, but the chase cam moves up when the rear's close to the wall. I don't know if it's introduced in 2.05, but I think it is because I haven't seen this kind of camera movement at 2.04.

Someone confirm for me please. And I observed this on the section somewhere after the back stretch on Trial Mountain. The jerking up won't work for the other parts of the track.

EDIT: Also works when looking behind. And I have to test this new feature on other tracks.

Last edited:
The following is not a bug really, I would rather call it "overlooked important detail".

It is like that since the very beginning of the game:

Race End BGM special-tunes does not play when Race BGM is set to OFF in music-options

If you are not familiar with the problem, you will probably wonder what is the problem here? Well, it is.

Every GT game so far had the special "Race End" tunes with different tunes corresponding to the results: 1st place (Gold in Licenses) had its tune, 2nd place (Silver) its own and 3rd (Bronze) its own. No matter you had BGM for race set to OFF, those particular tunes were playing when you'd finish either race/license test/mission drive/whatever.

From the very first day of GT5, those tunes - they exist in GT5, no problems there - are being muted if race BGM is set to OFF. Backthen I used a simple workaround for that issue, by adding an "empty" MP3 file (recorded silence basically) into the Custom Music folder and had Race BGM on ON in order to have those sweet tunes playing once the race/run was finished.

But since going into Online Mode "bypasses" the Custom Music setting, I was going mad with need to constantly change Race BGM in order to listen those tunes.

Where is the problem? My presumption is how those tunes are not located into the "Menu BGM" folder - where they should be, with other Menu sounds for example - but in the "General BGM" folder.

From the perspective of the legacy of the series, I see this as a major oversight and would welcome a solution where those Race End tunes would play after the crossing of the finish line despite having Race BGM set to OFF.

Thank you for understanding :D

Ok sorry for the confusing post.

BTW the active steering allowed when its not glitch is true for the US at the least.

Sometimes track options are unavailable to room leader until a reset by switching damage on and off etc.-- This glitch happened twice 2 nights ago when running a room.

Random lounge disconnects especially when joining a room. Again I have them more often recently and people entering my lounge seem to get booted right away much more frequently. (I get disconnected once in a room and racing very rarely. Maybe once a week. Sometimes the whole room crashes with me sometimes not. People joining and leaving before they got in is very common though.) --This glitch is still there but may be fixed soon.

Sometimes comments box appears in a seasonal trial where your temporary rank or next lap invalid message comes up but no text appears. This also happens while driving in a lounge you have people enter/leave but no text appears. -- As far as I can tell this is fixed. If anyone else still gets this or I see it again I will repost.

Couldn't you unselect every song in the race playlist to prevent it from playing a song?

Well sir, that is solution that actually never crossed my mind :D

Will try, key is the relation to online part of the game.

If above works, consider yourself as winner of 10000 invisible GTP karma points :)

In online lounge, when you select "No Active Steering", in the chat window, it will say "Active Steering allowed" even though it's disabled. Toggling the option still bring the wrong message...

Can someone confirm this in US/UK English version? Polish is fine.

Yes this is wrong in the english version too.

EDIT: I just checked all of the regulations and the driving line option acts this way too. It says "driving line allowed" when you prohibit it.

It will prohibit the driving line like it should, its only the description that is wrong.

Last edited:
The Speedometer in the Viper SRT/10 Coupe has been fixed (yay!), however in the ACR it is still counting miles as kilometers and maxes out at 220 km/h.

PD, if you did it with the regular Viper SRT/10, then you can fix the ACR.

The equipment the GTAuto guy uses to roll under a car for an oil change is now stuck at the edge of the screen.

Surprise, Oil Change Guy's trolley is now back and rolling. And it's a new red color !?

Edit : As of 2.05 (Asia Edition). 2012 Feb 15.

Last edited:
The equipment the GTAuto guy uses to roll under a car for an oil change is now stuck at the edge of the screen.

Surprise, Oil Change Guy's trolley is now back and rolling. And it's a new red color !?

Strange. I can't see it. The guy is just floating five inches from the ground.

If you change to dirt tires on the RM '69 Camaro (ehhh... why not? :D), it changes the rims to the standard white rally rims. If you then go back to asphalt tires, the rims stay, and you have to purchase new ones to revert to something different.

I think I've seen this happen on other cars as well, but can't recall which ones right now.

It's funny how bug reports come like freaking high waves.
Last small update before 2.0.5 I won't add new bugs to make it clearer for PD (yeah, wishful thinking ;) ).

It isn't a bug or something, but the chase cam moves up when the rear's close to the wall. I don't know if it's introduced in 2.05, but I think it is because I haven't seen this kind of camera movement at 2.04.

Someone confirm for me please. And I observed this on the section somewhere after the back stretch on Trial Mountain. The jerking up won't work for the other parts of the track.

EDIT: Also works when looking behind. And I have to test this new feature on other tracks.
Will check that after 2.0.5 tomorrow.

The following is not a bug really, I would rather call it "overlooked important detail".

Race End BGM special-tunes does not play when Race BGM is set to OFF in music-options (...)
Perfect bug report. Thanks. Will add that after 2.0.5

Ok sorry for the confusing post.

BTW the active steering allowed when its not glitch is true for the US at the least.

Sometimes track options are unavailable to room leader until a reset by switching damage on and off etc.-- This glitch happened twice 2 nights ago when running a room.

Random lounge disconnects especially when joining a room. Again I have them more often recently and people entering my lounge seem to get booted right away much more frequently. (I get disconnected once in a room and racing very rarely. Maybe once a week. Sometimes the whole room crashes with me sometimes not. People joining and leaving before they got in is very common though.) --This glitch is still there but may be fixed soon.

Sometimes comments box appears in a seasonal trial where your temporary rank or next lap invalid message comes up but no text appears. This also happens while driving in a lounge you have people enter/leave but no text appears. -- As far as I can tell this is fixed. If anyone else still gets this or I see it again I will repost.
Too bad we will have 2.0.5 in few hours, so it should be checked again. I'll change theme to purple for version history. And thanks for clearing things up. It's really easier when you cite bugs :)

Yes this is wrong in the english version too.
EDIT: I just checked all of the regulations and the driving line option acts this way too. It says "driving line allowed" when you prohibit it.

It will prohibit the driving line like it should, its only the description that is wrong.
Thanks. will add it in 2.0.5

License S-7 still has a huge short cut on the Top Gear Test Track that would get someone disqualified on other special events in the TGTT

I made a video of it awhile back http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKAKXWms-4A
Edit: Youtube tags not working :indiff:
Same here. Will add it to 2.0.5 Thank you.

The Speedometer in the Viper SRT/10 Coupe has been fixed (yay!), however in the ACR it is still counting miles as kilometers and maxes out at 220 km/h.

PD, if you did it with the regular Viper SRT/10, then you can fix the ACR.
Will check tese two tomorrow.

Edit : As of 2.05 (Asia Edition). 2012 Feb 15.
Will add it into 2.0.5 changelog as soon as it's created.

If you change to dirt tires on the RM '69 Camaro (ehhh... why not? :D), it changes the rims to the standard white rally rims. If you then go back to asphalt tires, the rims stay, and you have to purchase new ones to revert to something different.

I think I've seen this happen on other cars as well, but can't recall which ones right now.
Another one to check after 2.0.5, thanks :)

video replays of online races.
if you have damage one and crash the car, the rewind back to the begining (or before you crash) you car is still damaged.

Also hitting over cones, if you do not watch the replay through the car that hits the cones they remain upright. (this is a pian as i was watch our race from tuesday night and you get a penalty for knocking over a cone at Le Mans and i had to watch every car go past all each one!) I know in the past you didnt have to do this

List prepared for 2.0.5 update.

@velly We have discussed damage issue here and decided to leave it for various reasons. Your second report is something that we have to check, especially as you say it was working before.

@slashfan please check it after 2.0.5 update. I can't confirm it because in Polish version it's correct.

thanks, i am not worries about the damage but the cones is a real pain.
i am coming to the end of my 3rd season of online racing for my group. In season two when we ran at le mans it was fine on the replay.

basically, if you have 4 cars running, the 4th car hits over a cone on lap 1 and on lap 2 the lead car take the same line to hit the same cone.
on the replay if you just watch it from the lead car it shows they hit over the cone on lap 2. But if you watch the 4th car knock down the cone it will already be knocked off for the lead car on lap 2

Its out starting with the small stuff like descriptions. 25 mb is small and the log only claims to fix the rewards issue.

Also the oil change is correct again and it looks like when all assists are off it doesnt say there allowed at least for me.

First off for still bugeed

Sometimes slow loading bar before a hang up when you enter a online trial/single race/seasonal race/2P battle or joining a lounge. Quiting the game required.....2nd seasonal race right after the update nets me this...got a feeling as it can not be replicated and totally random very unlikely to be fixed and the worse bug still in the game since launch.

All description based bugs remain that I can check (1-9)
1.VW 1200 '66 still has wrong weight in dealership, despite correct weight in garage.
2.Mitsubishi Lancer EX 1800GSR IC Turbo - description in english version says that it's AWD car, which is not correct, as it is FR car.
3.Daihatsu MIRA TR-XX Avanzato R '97 looses power and pp after installing stage III engine upgrade
4.VW Museum card 47 has a picture of a Polo but describes a Golf (image by mercgoat).
5.In some cars descriptions fuel efficiency figures are wrong (999L/100km, or Xkm/L where it should be XL/100km). Cars affected: Priuses, Golf VI R, Honda Insight LS 2009
6.Lamborghini Aventador needs a space between "mph" and "of" in description (US english version) (image by mercgoat).
7.XJR-9 (standard and premium) description claims it ran LeMans in 1998. Really it was in 1988 (US English and Italian version) (image by mercgoat).
8.Description of Corvette C1 is description of Chevy Silverado (US English version). (image by mercgoat)
9.Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR RM '05 has too many spaces in name (image by mercgoat)
10.Special Event/Grand Tour/Eiger Nordwand it states that the Alfa 8C is a FWD car - reported by ZeGermanBastorD...... From what I remember the US always said FR and this is a glitch with the Italian version and others so this is the only one I cant check.

Also
I got feedback for these...
When adding a MID RPM turbo kit to a car, the graph in settings (green power line / orange torque line) isn't updated (more info by Highlandor) Tried this with multiple cars with no issue. Either fixed, only with certain cars, or version specific.

In tuning shop, in body, engine and turbo sections when you have cursor over bottom left item and press "left" it throws you out to main tuning shop screen. - reported by omnid88 ....Cant do it either fixed or this is version specific maybe?

After receiving gift followed by restoring backup data information about new gift remains and it cannot be recieved - more info by Xenn ....Never had this problem done it plenty of times without issue.

The GT5 log shows every received (gifted) suit/helmet as correct name followed by incorrect number - more info by mercgoat ....Still remains.

The GT5 log shows every received (gifted) paint as wrong chip name followed by correct paint name - (picture) - more info by ZeGermanBastorD ...Still remains

Horns/gear/paint/museum cards does not stack properly. For example I own two seperate Horn 160's instead of one with a quantity of two ...Still remains

Usually PP value in garage (list view) does not update how it should...Still remains

Wheels description in GT Auto and online manual still states that you can't change wheels for standards and suits. Strangely some users have it corrected, some not. (might be difference between NTSC and PAL English version) (image by mercgoat) (image by mercgoat) ...still remains in the US

I will revise all of the online soon if you would like but for now...Sometimes comments box appears in a seasonal trial where your temporary rank or next lap invalid message comes up but no text appears. This also happens while driving in a lounge you have people enter/leave but no text appears. - reported by mercgoat Feel good removing this one hope I am right since its been a while since I have seen it.

Last edited:
mercgoat thank you for all updates. I updated the list, but I still don't have 2.0.5. Is it just me or Europe is delayed?

I always look forward for your online reports :)

mercgoat thank you for all updates. I updated the list, but I still don't have 2.0.5. Is it just me or Europe is delayed?

Isnt Europe always delayed? :lol: I too dont have 2.05, but being on the Euro servers, it doesnt suprise me...

This could be just me but.. anyone with a fanatec csr wheel notice stronger ffb?? Not sure if it was latest ps3 or gt5 update but my fanatec wheel feels stronger ffb feel than before

Latest Posts

Back