• Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 46,589 comments
From yesterday at the HK International Airport:

6826622104_05a184900a_b.jpg

6826622182_4daab2b9a6_b.jpg

6972738807_3aed0168d3_b.jpg

6972738957_b09d931fff_b.jpg

BMW M3 E92

I think this M3 was featured in the Hong Kong Option Magazine back in Feb 2011.

Some smashing photos on the previous page. I don't usually like modified Astons, but that one passes as very badass indeed!

So fed up with the grey weather, I'm taking any opportunity to get some colour in my life, so while this Altezza isn't very interesting it's at least colourful!

Toyota Altezza by R-W-P (Rupert in HK), on Flickr

I'm now officially on the verge of buying a one-way to Hong Kong. That Altezza shot is divine, as are pretty much all of your photos, Rue. It's not just automotive photography. You manage to capture the astonishing beauty of even the grimiest parts of a city. Your work is quite simply admirable.

Interesting catch.

ロータスプリンセスカブリオレ

Lotas Princess Cabriolet, basically a Nissan March Cabrio crafted to look like a '67-'74 Vanden Plas Princess.

It is a very polarizing car, but like the Mitsuoka Viewt, this retro car always puts a smile on my face.

Last edited:
alfa_romeo_gtv_in_the_philippines_by_jus1029-d4rrpop.jpg

Q: What? An Alfa? Why would you bring this up here? Boring!
A: Well, it ain't. Alfa Romeo is pretty rare here in the Philippines since it left our shores in the 90s. This and the Spider were left behind.

Saw this old school Porsche 911 sitting pretty on the Prinsengracht last Sunday... Couldnt resist taking a pic.

Green_Porsche.jpg

Nice old school Porsches Marco and Blitz.
From a few days ago, it was a bit chilly but that didn't stop him from getting the top down :)

I'm now officially on the verge of buying a one-way to Hong Kong. That Altezza shot is divine, as are pretty much all of your photos, Rue. It's not just automotive photography. You manage to capture the astonishing beauty of even the grimiest parts of a city. Your work is quite simply admirable.

Thanks, mate! I'm very lucky to live in one of the most photogenic cities in the world, it is all things to all photographers. The visual contrasts here are amazing and that really allows you to experiment with different mediums. I am really into the street side of car photography and I want to learn about and develop that area as much as possible. Come to HK one day, you won't be disappointed!

Last edited:
Heading to Dallas and Houston for a few days, leaving tomorrow. Hopefully I can get some good snaps to share.

And I'm heading over to Oulton Park this Saturday.. I can't take motion shots with my crap camera, but there is a really awesome Historic Racing Event going on, the owner of the track has a Pagani Zonda F. It may just be in the car park.. And on Sunday, I'm going back to Alderley Edge, to find the Diablo SV and the F50 people keep seeing.. There is a night-club called Panacea, there is always something awesome outside. Seen an FF there, a lot of cars by Rolls-Rouce and others.. Probably because AE is Footballer town..

Hope they don't mind me having a look around the back, the owner has a Veyron..

[Not my pic]

1933d1303257324-dwight-yorke-veyron2-jpg

Not a Veyron, but my first Evora!

evora1.jpg

evora2e.jpg

It was unseasonably warm and sunny today, and I just couldn't resist getting out. The Evora was on the way to my hot spots, and totally unexpected. Well, not totally. I'd just passed a Viper going the other way, deep into farm country. That totally surprised me, which is why I have no picture of it. But at least it got me ready for the Evora.

Other nice stuff was out, see below!

a couple Bentleys

bentley1.jpg

bentley2.jpg

old 500SL looked nice

500sl.jpg

Ferrari 360

360jj.jpg

Impala?

impalak.jpg

Chrysler

chrysleru.jpg

unsure, something GM?

unknowndk.jpg

and finally a sweet '55 Thunderbird

55tbird.jpg

So I picked a good weekend to come down? Now I definitely need to know where to look.

Spring Break, and no rain. Yeah, it'll be a good weekend. Probably the first great spotting weekend of the year. Too bad I'm working both Saturday and Sunday. -____-

Earlier in the week I read rain..glad to know that is heading out, then. Also hoping to pick up a few spots in Dallas.

Very cool Goddin. Yes it's an Impala, and the "GM thing" is a 68 Olds. Maybe 67.

And pretty cool Thunderbird with Budniks, too.

Latest Posts

Back