â—† SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,412 comments
GT Academy, looking to see who's going to take part in it.
Anyone serious about it or just take part to "try it out"?

I know Bronco, Devious, and myself are. Starts May 1st/2nd depending on were you live.

Would be cool to see your "friends" and how they are doing also.

Wasn't eligible last time around. I haven't seen any official rules for this one but I would assume they are the same. I will play around with it enough to get whatever bonuses they hand out for playing but not much else.

Okay, I'll put you down as the "Primary Host" for D3 in the League Responsibilities post. With your connection speed, it's safe to safe to say that any disconnects that occur in D3 won't due to a poor host connection. ;)

Attention all Division 1 drivers: Do any of you have a "Grade A" connection? We're still looking for someone in D1 to fill that void if possible. I think there were more disconnects in D1 than in any other division last Sunday, so it would be ideal the D1 driver with the best connection could step up. Thanks!

As off 5:09pm PST:Download 31.03 Upload 4.98 Ping 35ms. This is graded A. Faster than 87% of U.S.
Let me know if you still need someone and if thats what your looking for.:)
No where near Handlebar's but still pretty darn good.

Last edited:
I recommend we move to fixed points for position. First place always gets 16 points. Second place always gets 15 points, and so on. The reasons:

I really doubt the places are going to change. We can go back over the last few weeks and test that out, though.

It makes scoring easier.

The perfect score for the evening would be 99 (16 points for each of six races, and an extra three if you set pole for each round). Makes it kind of cool to have a fixed max to compare your points to, and for your points to be consistent from week to week, division to division.

Hmm, I really like how the max number of points under this system would be 99 points. You can't get much closer to a perfect 100-point scale than that! Heck, I'll even throw out the suggestion that anyone who wins all three pole positions should get a "Triple Crown" bonus point! That would make a perfect night in S.N.A.I.L. a very symbolic 100 points!

It's almost as if this points system was destined for our league! What other league has three rounds of racing in one night with two races per round?!? Three rounds means three poles positions to compete for (3 x 1 = 3 points). Two races per round means six races total (6 x 16 = 96 points). Then throw in a "Triple Crown" bonus for anyone who wins the pole position in all three rounds (1 point).

3 + 96 + 1 = 100 ..it's almost too perfect!

Anyways, that's my opinion on the idea.. What does everyone else think about this?

I like it

I'm down with the above points scheme.

đź‘Ť

Zero, you have my 100% backing for the 100 point scheme. This group continues to keep getting more and more awesome.

I'm all for the proposed points schedule.

The "PERFECT 100" Points System

Effective immediately, we will be using a slightly different points system for our Sunday night league races. I call it the "perfect" points system because the maximum number of points that can be scored each night is a symbolically perfect 100. Standardizing on this 100-point scale will allow us not only to compare our scores againts other drivers, it will allow us to compare our scores against ourselves - from week-to-week, or month-to-month, or even division-to-division! Here's how it'll work:

Instead of basing our points on the number of drivers who start or finish a race, we will award our points based on this fixed scale:

Finish / Points
  1. 16 points
  2. 15 points
  3. 14 points
  4. 13 points
  5. 12 points
  6. 11 points
  7. 10 points
  8. 9 points
  9. 8 points
  10. 7 points
  11. 6 points
  12. 5 points
  13. 4 points
  14. 3 points
  15. 2 points
  16. 1 point

Since we have six races during the course of the night, the maximum number of points that can be scored from all six races will be 96 (6 races x 16 points = 96)

The bonus points awarded for pole positions will remain the same. We have three rounds of car and track combos, so there will still be three pole positions to compete for, which means another 3 points that can be earned.

However, there will now be a "Triple Crown" bonus point for anyone who wins pole position in all three rounds (1 point).

Therefore, here's a calculation on the maximum points:

96 + 3 + 1 = 100 points!

Please note that if one or more drivers quits or gets disconnected during a race, they will still be awarded points based on the chart listed above. However, drivers who voluntarily pit their car will be treated the same as drivers who involuntarily get disconnected. The finishing position for those drivers will depend on when the event happened (how many laps those drivers completed). In other words, someone who gets disconnected from the lounge for whatever reason will always get a higher finish (and more points) than someone who just decided to pull over and quit earlier in the race.

Last edited:
:odd:

sensing something about to happen ..........

and I was right. Zer0 saving the first post on a new page hmmmm :)

Awesome scoring system Zer0 đź‘Ť

Last edited:
Updated standings for the M3 GTR Challenge

#1 - sharkie - M1SS-D3V10US - 85pts.
#2 - AJKVail - AJK-VAIL - 74pts.
#3 - fzappa - tcrash15 - 64pts.
#4 - cmbeal317 - cmbeal317 - 60pts.
#5 -kcheeb - kcheeb - 48 pts.
#6 - dabneyd - dabneyd - 26pts.
#7 - zer05ive - zer05ive - 22pts.
#8 - irmopars - Mighty_mopar - 20pts.

Updated standings for the M3 GTR Challenge

#1 - sharkie - M1SS-D3V10US - 85pts.
#2 - AJKVail - AJK-VAIL - 74pts.
#3 - fzappa - tcrash15 - 64pts.
#4 - cmbeal317 - cmbeal317 - 60pts.
#5 -kcheeb - kcheeb - 48 pts.
#6 - dabneyd - dabneyd - 26pts.
#7 - zer05ive - zer05ive - 22pts.
#8 - irmopars - Mighty_mopar - 20pts.

Thanks again cmbeal for hosting, this is a fun series, with a fun car to drive!

đź‘Ť

The "PERFECT 100" Points System

Effective immediately, we will be using a slightly different points system for our Sunday night league races. I call it the "perfect" points system because the maximum number of points that can be scored each night is a symbolically perfect 100. Standardizing on this 100-point scale will allow us not only to compare our scores againts other drivers, it will allow us to compare our scores against ourselves - from week-to-week, or month-to-month, or even division-to-division! Here's how it'll work:

Instead of basing our points on the number of drivers who start or finish a race, we will award our points based on this fixed scale:

Finish / Points
  1. 16 points
  2. 15 points
  3. 14 points
  4. 13 points
  5. 12 points
  6. 11 points
  7. 10 points
  8. 9 points
  9. 8 points
  10. 7 points
  11. 6 points
  12. 5 points
  13. 4 points
  14. 3 points
  15. 2 points
  16. 1 point

Since we have six races during the course of the night, the maximum number of points that can be scored from all six races will be 96 (6 races x 16 points = 96)

The bonus points awarded for pole positions will remain the same. We have three rounds of car and track combos, so there will still be three pole positions to compete for, which means another 3 points that can be earned.

However, there will now be a "Triple Crown" bonus point for anyone who wins pole position in all three rounds (1 point).

Therefore, here's a calculation on the maximum points:

96 + 3 + 1 = 100 points!

Please note that if one or more drivers quits or gets disconnected during a race, they will still be awarded points based on the chart listed above. However, drivers who voluntarily pit their car will be treated the same as the same as drivers who involuntarily get disconnected. The finishing position for those drivers will depend on when the event happened (how many laps those drivers completed).

Wow. Now we're talking!! đź‘Ť

Very nice system, see what can happen when we give feedback, it gives everyone something to think about. This was a good change =)

Zero, you said you could track points week to week or month to month, would it be possible to have a points tally to act as sort of a championship points total? With the old points scale this wouldn't be 100% possible due to the sliding scale, with the New fixed scale it would be. For arguments sake, the points tally for that could start this Race so everyone's on a clean slate so to speak, no one has an advantage due to being here longer.
I would keep all division points tally'd in the same grouping because even tho some would win in D3/D2 they would be promoted and have to win in the next higher up Div to keep up their win streak.

Very nice system, see what can happen when we give feedback, it gives everyone something to think about. This was a good change =)

Zero, you said you could track points week to week or month to month, would it be possible to have a points tally to act as sort of a championship points total? With the old points scale this wouldn't be 100% possible due to the sliding scale, with the New fixed scale it would be. For arguments sake, the points tally for that could start this Race so everyone's on a clean slate so to speak, no one has an advantage due to being here longer.
I would keep all division points tally'd in the same grouping because even tho some would win in D3/D2 they would be promoted and have to win in the next higher up Div to keep up their win streak.

Stats engine... must resist... can't fight urge....

BLAH!!!

Yes, we could do that, and we could go back, and we coudlpostaveragepointsperraceperdivisionandwecouldseewhowaspointsleaderpermonthorquarterormaintainedthehighestaverageand gtzzzzzzzzzzzclk

BLAH!!!

Yes, we could do that, and we could go back, and we coudlpostaveragepointsperraceperdivisionandwecouldseewhowaspointsleaderpermonthorquarterormaintainedthehighestaverageand gtzzzzzzzzzzzclk

mmmmm numbers :)

BLAH!!!

I found that painful to read.

"could post average points per race, per division and we could see who was points leader per month or quarter or maintained the highest average and"

What happened, did your space bar on your keyboard stop working?

i think it was a "could not compute" situation and his chip fried. like in Alien when the cyborg went crazy at the end and tried to feed Ripley a magazine.

Running a few practice laps in the D1 lounge (all races, in order, prob 5-10 laps each).

I do not expect to run all that well, but I figure if I can stay on the track, it is likely to help.

Once my students finish our state testing in 3 weeks, I should get most of my brain, and much of my sleep back. ;-)

kcheeb
Have a little fun while you're out there too :)

If I stay on the track, finish before we clock-out, race clean, and feel like I learned or did better, that'll be fine.

I am really dithering on continuing with GT5 once I realized that 3 things were seeming to be accurate:
1). Despite getting my main acct to 40 and this one to 34 in A spec, I know nothing about driving
2). With coaching, I improve, bout am still D.F.L. In standings.
3). With coaching and practice, I seem to be stuck in#2.

I wonder if I am just too late to picking up racing games - got my PS3 2 years ago, first console since I upgraded my 2600 to a 5200!

That, or a lack or real racing experience seems to matter. Damn you, my minivan of suburban dad angst!

Back to finding a cleaner line in Nurburgring, then the garage gulag for a bit more on the HoneyDo list.

Hey cheeb, sorry for last minute. Wont be able to make it tonight. Fiancee's commencements are running long and we wont be back home in time for the race. Sorry. Guess I'll be a d3 racer next week.

Rallywagon
Hey cheeb, sorry for last minute. Wont be able to make it tonight. Fiancee's commencements are running long and we wont be back home in time for the race. Sorry. Guess I'll be a d3 racer next week.

Good foe you with choosin the fiancée - bodes well.

As for D3? We will be glad to have ya, albeit, briefly.

I am really dithering on continuing with GT5 once I realized that 3 things were seeming to be accurate:
1). Despite getting my main acct to 40 and this one to 34 in A spec, I know nothing about driving
2). With coaching, I improve, bout am still D.F.L. In standings.
3). With coaching and practice, I seem to be stuck in#2.

I wonder if I am just too late to picking up racing games - got my PS3 2 years ago, first console since I upgraded my 2600 to a 5200!

Similar story to me, before the PS3 my last console was the Super Nintendo. I started current gen driving games with F1 2010 and at the urging of a friend got GT5.

By doing the license tests I was able to gain 'some' knowledge of how to drive a car in the game and was reasonable but certainly not fast.

The step to the next level of speed for me was getting some how to race books and applying what was said. I got the books because I wanted to learn how to take corners fast, but there's so much more to it than that. Psychological being at least as important.

Getting advice and following/watching faster drivers will also help you understand what to do and how.

Seat time in a race situation has made a huge difference too. The more you are in a specific situation, the more comfortable you become.

Don't get me wrong, I have no delusions of grandeur. I'm fast enough and slowly getting faster. I know I'm mid D1 at best, for now ;).

D2 & 3 are not places to be looked down on. Great racing happens in all our divisions and if you check the numbers, there isn't much to separate any of them.

I for one hope you stick with it!

That, or a lack or real racing experience seems to matter. Damn you, my minivan of suburban dad angst!

Back to finding a cleaner line in Nurburgring, then the garage gulag for a bit more on the HoneyDo list.

:lol:

Bummer you can't make it, thanks for letting us know man!

Back