GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
Can you help me guys ?

i got bored of GT5 and i feel bad about this , anyone have any ideas that makes me excited again to play more and more and more ???????
i got g27 and i like driving and racing alot , but i ran out of ideas .

Hi-Res

7005843692_c00084a56c_b.jpg

I have to say, that is impressive looking. Looks like PD are really getting a handle on the content production, a bit like they did between GT3 and GT4. It would be a shame to waste that and move onto a new platform...

Looking at the shadows, I would venture to guess that time change will not be included, much as it wasn't for Spa.

Can you help me guys ?

i got bored of GT5 and i feel bad about this , anyone have any ideas that makes me excited again to play more and more and more ???????
i got g27 and i like driving and racing alot , but i ran out of ideas .

Try rally cars. Old ones at Toscana and make your own with the track editor.

Try to master your skills in driving by doing some drifts too.

Race in Nurburgring using cup cars.

I don´t know just try to do what you are not used to do in the game.

Try rally cars. Old ones at Toscana and make your own with the track editor.

Try to master your skills in driving by doing some drifts too.

Race in Nurburgring using cup cars.

I don´t know just try to do what you are not used to do in the game.

👍 thank you , i will try it out maybe it will kill the boredom .

This track reminds me of an old track in gt4 , i don't remember its name but from that angel

motegitrack.jpg

it does really look like it .

all i remember of that track is it was in a license test with a mazda mx-5 i think convertible .

Last edited:
This track reminds me of an old track in gt4 , i don't remember its name but from that angel

it does really look like it .

all i remember of that track is it was in a license test with a mazda mx-5 i think convertible .

It's twin Ring Motegi. The name hasn't been changed since GT4... :lol:

I personally can't wait for this course... great memories were made on it in GT4...

Probably will be still waiting awhile for this to come as DLC however. I'm picking we won't see it before rounds 7 & 8 at least (11-06-12).
I'm still angry that PD/Sony didn't see fit to release the GT Academy download for countries not included in the competition. It would have been easy to give us a version that just didn't upload our times/stats to the server. At least we could have had a go at the challenges and get the in-game prizes. :mad: :irked: :boggled: :grumpy: :banghead: :(

I'm still angry that PD/Sony didn't see fit to release the GT Academy download for countries not included in the competition. It would have been easy to give us a version that just didn't upload our times/stats to the server. At least we could have had a go at the challenges and get the in-game prizes. :mad: :irked: :boggled: :grumpy: :banghead: :(

Pretty sure they did for Canada despite once again it not being eligible for the competition.

It's twin Ring Motegi. The name hasn't been changed since GT4... :lol:

I personally can't wait for this course... great memories were made on it in GT4...

For me in Tourist Trophy was amazing with motorbikes...and Moto GP races there every year.

Pretty sure they did for Canada despite once again it not being eligible for the competition.

Not for Australia/New Zealand. In fact GranTurismo.com doesn't even have a news item for GT Academy 2012 with Australia/NZ region selected!

Online FTW.

In before the "online sucks and is full of noobs" post. :lol:

Not because of that but i've just not got much interest in online gaming, I will always prefer single player games. Thats just me, we're all different. I have tried online though and I do have an issue, that is lack of class structure and matchmaking. I played Forza online a bit and liked the classes, I could tune several cars for each class and type of track and always knew I had cars to compete with.

In GT5 you have PP but no classes and whilst you do get some common levels they can vary wildly. So I could have some nice 400PP cars and the host chooses 385PP for example, I have no competitive car at that PP. 610PP, 750PP, it can be anything. With class systems it's like real racing, you build a car to spec and know all the races you enter are to that spec.

You'll probably mention leagues and organised races at this point and my answer to that is I don't have the time or inclination to do that. I work freelance which means I can working any hour of the day.That's why I prefer a great SP game, its always there to play when I want to and can.

You'll probably mention leagues and organised races at this point and my answer to that is I don't have the time or inclination to do that. I work freelance which means I can working any hour of the day.That's why I prefer a great SP game, its always there to play when I want to and can.

That's too bad because leagues and organized racing is really where it's at. The game was losing my attention a little and then I started doing 3D3 mixed class enduros, now signed up for a couple PURE series, and I think I'm more into GT5 now than ever before. With a well run league the quality of racing just can't be beat, and you don't have to worry about bashers and corner cutters. The other nice thing is you can find one with regulations to exactly what you are looking for(spec cars, GT300,GT500, TC, LMP, mixed, etc.). I was worried about committing time to a series also, but I finally just said I can give up a couple hours on a Saturday afternoon each week so why not do it? It's unfortunate you can't do this, with the single player game really being a let down. Hopefully GT6 fixes that.👍

Last edited:
mcfizzle
That's too bad because leagues and organized racing is really where it's at. The game was losing my attention a little and then I started doing 3D3 mixed class enduros, now signed up for a couple PURE series, and I think I'm more into GT5 now than ever before. With a well run league the quality of racing just can't be beat, and you don't have to worry about bashers and corner cutters. The other nice thing is you can find one with regulations to exactly what you are looking for(spec cars, GT300,GT500, TC, LMP, mixed, etc.). I was worried about committing time to a series also, but I finally just said I can give up a couple hours on a Saturday afternoon each week so why not do it? It's unfortunate you can do this, with the single player game really being a let down. Hopefully GT6 fixes that.👍

👍

Yep that is twin ring Motegi in GTA 2012 (GT5), I just got a 7680 x 4320 version of the picture from SCEA weighing in at 50mb's :crazy: (looks like the oval/ring modeled too, it is quite detailed)

EDIT here is the file names for all the pictures, all in stupidly high res, it gives you a idea of some of the tracks for each round

Round_1_Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Round_1_High Speed Ring
Round_2_Rome
Round_2_Special Stage Route X
Round_3_Cape Ring
Round_3_Circuito de Madrid
Round_4_Eiger Nordwand Short Track
Round_4_Road Course - Indy
Round_5_Suzuka Circuit
Round_5_Tokyo R246
Round_6_Eiger Nordwand Short Track
Round_6_The Top Gear Test Track
Round_7_London
Round_7_Special Stage Route 5
Round_8_Circuit de la Sarthe 2009
Round_8_Twin Ring Motegi East Short Course

EDIT 2:

There is another crazy high res picture of Twin ring with the R35 GT-R black edition going under the overpass, not a lot to see however, oh and there is a R32 and R34 GT-R academy version cars coming too.

EDIT 3: I uploaded a few to Flickr

Round_8_4_motegi by VIPERGTSR01, on Flickr

Round_5_2 by VIPERGTSR01, on Flickr

Nissan SKYLINE GT R V_spec II Nur_GT Academy Version_2002_73Front by VIPERGTSR01, on Flickr

Nissan SKYLINE GT_R VuEspec II_GT Academy Version_1994_73Front by VIPERGTSR01, on Flickr

Edit 4: seems a I am alittle late, I had these a while ago but was too busy.

Last edited:
Soo any news about how to USE these cars in GT5 ?
i'm a bit worried because my GT ACADEMY is from US account and my GT5 version is 2 .

That has to be confirmation that we'll get all variations, which I thought would be a given. Still, nice to see the stands partially filled on the side of the oval.

Woo are "WE"? Care to elaborate?

kPDPu.jpg
images

If it comes to GT5 (99,99%) hope it will come with all of its variants...

I made some pictures from Google Earth:

motegi.png

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/3220/motegi4.png

Same angle from PD picture:

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/4229/motegi5.png
http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/8418/motegitrack.jpg
We need that/those kart track/s.

Anybody know which circuit has a kart track that we said the same thing about?

Last edited:
Not that anything added by the GT Academy demo matters but you can add me to that "we" problem you seem to be having.

Yet another version of the same car, gee how......unsurprising.
That leaves 2 slots left for cars as the other 2 are going to be the 370z and the R35 GT-R.
All these items are just to little to late.

Back