◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,755 comments
I'm re-declaring my color choice to matte dark blue and unspecified rims. #19 stays the same. That said, I just can't bring myself to paint the Ferrari. It feels so wrong doing that.

Sorry I didn't post earlier, I was watcting Tony do his thing...;)

I didn't see black on black, or the number 1, so if it's OK, I'll go with that.

Couple questions...

Since we'll be doing Sarthe, I'm assuming the draft will be predominant in this race. Is bump drafting allowed?

What are the rules regarding blocking?

Thanks, and please pardon my newness...:dopey:

Sorry I didn't post earlier, I was watcting Tony do his thing...;)

I didn't see black on black, or the number 1, so if it's OK, I'll go with that.

Couple questions...

Since we'll be doing Sarthe, I'm assuming the draft will be predominant in this race. Is bump drafting allowed?

What are the rules regarding blocking?

Thanks, and please pardon my newness...:dopey:
Both are spelled out in the SNAIL OLR. Bump drafting is fine, and on straights, you may make one lane change in a safe manner, you are then allowed to move back out to the outside position for the corner, again, in a safe manner as not to crash, or push or force any driver into a situation.

I'm going to have to drop out of the league. Work is getting in the way and with my promotion, my work schedule is going to make taking part in the Sunday Night events impossible.

I regret the late notice. G'Luck to everyone.

I'm going to have to drop out of the league. Work is getting in the way and with my promotion, my work schedule is going to make taking part in the Sunday Night events impossible.

We will all miss you! I would like to say 'Thank You' for all the time you spent with me and everyone else, tutoring us and making our Sim Racing experence a better one.
Your a good apple Maddy. Don't ever forget that! I am truly happy for you and what great news on your promotion.
I think I'm safe to say that there will always be a spot open for you if things calm down and you can join us again!
I'll race with you anytime!
BIG HUGS!!!!!

Last edited:
sharkie

Sorry to hear it, Maddie. Should things change, please come on back.

If not, a huge Thank You for all your input, discussions, good racing, and tutoring. Best wishes.

Doh, more life getting in the way, but it sounds like it's coming together for you 👍

All the best sharkie.

Sorry you have to drop out, but I'm glad it's because of good things that are happening in your RL. 👍

You're welcome to come back anytime a Sunday night frees up for you here or there. You hereby have a lifetime D1 membership so drop in anytime. :)

In the meantime, there's always Saturday night.. :D

All set for tonight. Might be a few mins late as True Blood takes precedence as per my wife's decision. Seeing how I'd not like to have a "special" ingredient added to my dinner I will comply with her wishes!

P.s. If I'm not present for spa/Elise combo call the cops as she's poisoned me!!!!

All set for tonight. Might be a few mins late as True Blood takes precedence as per my wife's decision. Seeing how I'd not like to have a "special" ingredient added to my dinner I will comply with her wishes!

P.s. If I'm not present for spa/Elise combo call the cops as she's poisoned me!!!!

Wouldn't that be "Call the Mounties!" for the Canuckle-heads? :dopey:

jbica
do I have to use the same colors in every SNAIL Sunday night league, or is it just for SPEC Saturday's?

As I recall, it is optional, but highly encouraged to try to be consistent.

If you do not want to dupe, find the cheapest car in the Dealership, choose one of those cars/colors, run 1-2 A-specs from Seasonals, buy a bunch of cheap-@$$ cars for the basic chip, and sell 'em. Easy Peazy.

Quick question:
At La Sarthe, there's a run-off area to the left of the approach to Indianapolis (after the little right-hand kink). It would seem, reading the OLR (BTW, the GTP OLR is still linked in the OP, not the SNAIL OLR), that using this area is illegal. Am I reading this right?

Thanks!

Quick question:
At La Sarthe, there's a run-off area to the left of the approach to Indianapolis (after the little right-hand kink). It would seem, reading the OLR (BTW, the GTP OLR is still linked in the OP, not the SNAIL OLR), that using this area is illegal. Am I reading this right?

Thanks!

I'm going to go check the track markings DrKronin. But, I would suspect that it is indeed not to be used to gain advantage.

Hey,

I'm posting this as a request to join for a new member, donconater.

He's having some issues getting his GTPlanet account sorted out but wants to race with us. He's raced with millerhd and AJKVail and I got a chance to do some driving with him today, good stuff 👍

Anyway, he'll be starting in D3.

zer05ive, could you send his psn account, donconater, friend requests from the SNAIL_DivisionX accounts please?

Thanks.

Quick question:

Thanks!

I wouln't count it as illegal, but if you use this run-off area it means you have a bad line through the right kink and threrefore the left-hand corner that follow.=huge time lost/momentum destroyed.

I wouln't count it as illegal, but if you use this run-off area it means you have a bad line through the right kink and threrefore the left-hand corner that follow.=huge time lost/momentum destroyed.

Bah. My mistake. I didn't mean Indianapolis, I meant Mulsanne. :banghead: There's actually something to be gained by taking Mulsanne wide. You can carry more speed through it, and therefore brake later (not to mention, you don't have to respect the kink before it as much.)

Hey,

I'm posting this as a request to join for a new member, donconater.

He's having some issues getting his GTPlanet account sorted out but wants to race with us. He's raced with millerhd and AJKVail and I got a chance to do some driving with him today, good stuff 👍

Anyway, he'll be starting in D3.

zer05ive, could you send his psn account, donconater, friend requests from the SNAIL_DivisionX accounts please?

Thanks.

Thanks cheeb! All of the FR's have just been sent to donconater. 👍

DrKronin
Quick question:

Thanks!

I wonder on a basic level...

If you are leaving the track for a competitive advantage, then...

Why are you here?

I am glad you asked, and I hope I know the answer...

Bah. My mistake. I didn't mean Indianapolis, I meant Mulsanne. :banghead: There's actually something to be gained by taking Mulsanne wide. You can carry more speed through it, and therefore brake later (not to mention, you don't have to respect the kink before it as much.)
If that's what you mean...I see nothing wrong with that.

Attention all SNAILs. If any of you out there are wanting to run a certain color or are looking for a suit or helmet and aren't comfortable with the duping process, I can help you. I am compiling a list of what fellow SNAILs want and will be sending out items on an almost daily basis. If you wish to be added to this list and get free stuff, I ask that you send a friend request to LR-PR-JLBowler. In the message, just state what you are needing and I will add you to the list and get you into the rotation.

If you have limited space for friends on your list, it's OK if you want to send a request, get your item, and delete as a friend. You won't stay in the rotation but you will get some free stuff. I don't want anything in return, I just have another account with a bunch of stuff sitting around doing nothing and I though this would be a good use of it.

If that's what you mean...I see nothing wrong with that.

In my experience (what little there is of it), most people seem to agree with you. The reason I ask is that the GTP OLR says the following:

16:F
Tarmac/Asphalt or any other kind of surface mentioned above that are situated beyond the normal limits of the track, Run-off areas for example, are not part of the track unless otherwise stated in the Race Specifics section of any given event.

To me, the white line signifies the "normal limits of the track," in this case, and driving with all 4 wheels beyond it would be a violation of that rule.

That said, this rule is located in the "Offline Racing" section of the GTP OLR, and even if it wasn't, it is in the GTP OLR, not the SNAIL OLR (which doesn't have the "Offline Racing" section), so I don't know if it applies here or not.

This might warrant some clarification before tonight's festivities.

Last edited:
Attention all SNAILs. If any of you out there are wanting to run a certain color or are looking for a suit or helmet and aren't comfortable with the duping process, I can help you. I am compiling a list of what fellow SNAILs want and will be sending out items on an almost daily basis. If you wish to be added to this list and get free stuff, I ask that you send a friend request to LR-PR-JLBowler. In the message, just state what you are needing and I will add you to the list and get you into the rotation.

If you have limited space for friends on your list, it's OK if you want to send a request, get your item, and delete as a friend. You won't stay in the rotation but you will get some free stuff. I don't want anything in return, I just have another account with a bunch of stuff sitting around doing nothing and I though this would be a good use of it.

I want to publicly thank you for what you have sent me so fare, My dedicated colors are Black and Yellow, so anything that would make a great race suit would be nice as well. Thanks.

The issue with La Sarthe is that parts of it is a public road for all but one weekend a year. This means that a lot of the lines on the track have absolutly nothing to do with racing, they are simply there to mark the road for normal traffic the rest of the year.

I would not view the white lines on the straight to be the edge of the track. I would interpet the walls as the edge. On entry to the corner, I would consider the cones and the sand that lines up with the cones to be the edge of the track. On the exit of the corner the blue and yellow curbing would constitute the edge of the track.

The issue with La Sarthe is that parts of it is a public road for all but one weekend a year. This means that a lot of the lines on the track have absolutly nothing to do with racing, they are simply there to mark the road for normal traffic the rest of the year.

I would not view the white lines on the straight to be the edge of the track. I would interpet the walls as the edge. On entry to the corner, I would consider the cones and the sand that lines up with the cones to be the edge of the track. On the exit of the corner the blue and yellow curbing would constitute the edge of the track.

You're right about the fact that the lines at La Sarthe often have nothing to do with racing. But in Mulsanne's case, no one actually uses the part of the track beyond the line at the 24 hours of Le Mans because the tarmac beyond the line is a sloppy, dirty mess. In GT5, it's just as good (or almost as good) as the surface inside the line.

For the record, I'm not arguing for a restriction there. I'll be happy either way. I just want to know for sure what the rules will be.

Back