FITT Fall Battle 2.0 - Coastal Concept Challenge: Praiano wins!

Check OP. :)

Aw, thank you :embarrassed: I'll pretend to be a Best Motoring test driver:dopey:

Another question to DB, should I run the test with my own preferred BB or tune's BB ? I'm fine either way, but for better reflection of my driving and best possible time, my own BB would be best and comments about the tune would be more accurate. Of course ,tuners should have no issue as my time is only for reference, right ?

Aw, thank you :embarrassed: I'll pretend to be a Best Motoring test driver:dopey:

Another question to DB, should I run the test with my own preferred BB or tune's BB ? I'm fine either way, but for better reflection of my driving and best possible time, my own BB would be best and comments about the tune would be more accurate. Of course ,tuners should have no issue as my time is only for reference, right ?

The BB is part of the tune , so the only thing you can change is the driving assists. ;)
On the car you can only drive it and crash it...:dopey:

The BB is part of the tune , so the only thing you can change is the driving assists. ;)
On the car you can only drive it and crash it...:dopey:

:( I always thought that BB is like steering sensitivity, as tuning prohibited setting still allows BB changes, which is due all cars come with 5/5 stock. Anyway, that's fine, I'll drive the best I can, I did survive RJ's Mazda from 40/60 60/40 event ;)

In my opinion, BB is driver dependent, one car can have many kinds of BB from different drivers even when driven stock without tuning, due to the variety of driving style and skill. Not arguing or anything just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Here is my entry. The picture is what it is, just a standard car by a standard photograph .:ouch:

The tune is ONLINE OK but it's only good for this kind of tracks, where you throw the car from one full grip to the other, at the limit all the time. It's not good for precision and sharp driving line like on the Nordschleife. I have another tune for this that i'll publish soon.

CapeRing_5.jpg

GTRconceptshootoutjpg2.jpg

Enjoy your drive.

Last edited:
In my opinion, BB is driver dependent, one car can have many kinds of BB from different drivers even when driven stock without tuning, due to the variety of driving style and skill. Not arguing or anything just my 2 cents.
If being "driver dependent based on driving style" is the criteria for which we make adjustments to cars in these shootouts, that leaves the whole tune open to adjustment.
Changing the BB changes the way the car drives, not unlike any other setting. ;)

If being "driver dependent based on driving style" is the criteria for which we make adjustments to cars in these shootouts, that leaves the whole tune open to adjustment.
Changing the BB changes the way the car drives, not unlike any other setting. ;)

I can see that with no ABS, a very extreme bias on both side will make driving the car harder, the car is still the same and it drives the same, the input of braking given by the driver is different.
That is how I see it as I "almost" never drive with ABS on. I tune the Camaro with ABS in mind, it still has front bias, not by much, even though there's no reason to go crazy like 10/10 or 0/10 or 10/0, as with ABS on, it will still be driveable quite easily without any significant effect. Now do that without ABS, well reality sets in, just like in real life.

I can still drive with 1/10 or 10/1 BB without ABS aids, although the result would be just like in real life :lol: generally slower and the car real behavior will be uncovered in a very exciting manner :sly:

While with ABS on, the car real braking balance is masked by the assist given during braking, hence any bias will work without making the driver fight with the car to stabilize it under heavy braking or feeling any unique feedback.

I am not going to debate whether I can change BB or not, I'll stick with tune's BB if that's everybody wanted, I'll do the test no matter what :)
What I mentioned above are just what I have experienced driving with no ABS with various BB.

RJ's Mazda Atenza was a good example, the comment from that test made me being asked to do it with ABS :(, well the no ABS test really stripped the car from masking of ABS and gave it's real quirks in handling + braking. I did retest it with the same BB and ABS on. I wanted to avoid such experience by being a guest test driver :D

I can see that with no ABS, a very extreme bias on both side will make driving the car harder, the car is still the same and it drives the same, the input of braking given by the driver is different.
That is how I see it as I "almost" never drive with ABS on. I tune the Camaro with ABS in mind, it still has front bias, not by much, even though there's no reason to go crazy like 10/10 or 0/10 or 10/0, as with ABS on, it will still be driveable quite easily without any significant effect. Now do that without ABS, well reality sets in, just like in real life.

I can still drive with 1/10 or 10/1 BB without ABS aids, although the result would be just like in real life :lol: generally slower and the car real behavior will be uncovered in a very exciting manner :sly:

While with ABS on, the car real braking balance is masked by the assist given during braking, hence any bias will work without making the driver fight with the car to stabilize it under heavy braking or feeling any unique feedback.

I am not going to debate whether I can change BB or not, I'll stick with tune's BB if that's everybody wanted, I'll do the test no matter what :)
What I mentioned above are just what I have experienced driving with no ABS with various BB.

RJ's Mazda Atenza was a good example, the comment from that test made me being asked to do it with ABS :(, well the no ABS test really stripped the car from masking of ABS and gave it's real quirks in handling + braking. I did retest it with the same BB and ABS on. I wanted to avoid such experience by being a guest test driver :D
Grabbing a group of cars tuned with ABS / for ABS and removing the ABS and changing the BB is very different from driving the tunes built and entered into the shootout, that's all.
Yes, if you personally change some tune details, a car may perform terribly. Change the ride height, LSD, BB, aero, a lot of things you could change might tank a cars performance, but we drive the tunes people build for the shootout, otherwise what's the point of building a tune for a shootout?

You're free to do as you please, I'm just explaining the other side of the coin.

Grabbing a group of cars tuned with ABS / for ABS and removing the ABS and changing the BB is very different from driving the tunes built and entered into the shootout, that's all.
Yes, if you personally change some tune details, a car may perform terribly. Change the ride height, LSD, BB, aero, a lot of things you could change might tank a cars performance, but we drive the tunes people build for the shootout, otherwise what's the point of building a tune for a shootout?

You're free to do as you please, I'm just explaining the other side of the coin.

I am here to test tuner's car as a guest which the time result has no bearing to the shootout conclusion, I just wished that I could give my best effort, finding each tune's quirks, positives and negatives.

I just don't want someone get cranky with my slow time and critical comments due to certain unique traits in braking hindering the car's true potential. It happened before :nervous:, so all tuners should understand that my results is only for references and side input, what would happen if the car is driven without ABS to the limit ? That's where I come in:dopey:

I'll be honest Ridox, I don't entirely see your point. If a tuner tunes for ABS at 1, then most probably he would not have thought about anyone driving with ABS off, and therefore he wouldn't care if it was a handful to drive with ABS off. Therefore testing with that aid off is non-sensical when a tune requests it on, as the tune would probably drive terribly.

Maybe it's just me? :P

I'll be honest Ridox, I don't entirely see your point. If a tuner tunes for ABS at 1, then most probably he would not have thought about anyone driving with ABS off, and therefore he wouldn't care if it was a handful to drive with ABS off. Therefore testing with that aid off is non-sensical when a tune requests it on, as the tune would probably drive terribly.

Maybe it's just me? :P

Yeah, I see your point, I like to drive different tunes by different people, I am not demanding to be able to change BB, it was more like a request. As I stated before I don't mind using tune's BB at all, and my last post affirm it. This is why I am a guest test driver, I am testing ABS tunes while not using ABS to test it :crazy:, a different perspective, another side review.

Without ABS, I often found things that ABS driver did not find, like mid cornering balance, understeer and snap oversteer that didn't occur when driven with ABS, sometimes I even posted faster times than ABS tester, so it's always good to have diversity:dopey:

I'll be honest Ridox, I don't entirely see your point. If a tuner tunes for ABS at 1, then most probably he would not have thought about anyone driving with ABS off, and therefore he wouldn't care if it was a handful to drive with ABS off. Therefore testing with that aid off is non-sensical when a tune requests it on, as the tune would probably drive terribly
Exactly that.

There may be some underlying merit to the tests themselves, searching for flaws the ABS is covering, but you have to imagine it's quite possible the tuner is aware of what's going on, and built the car the way it is because of the rules/regulations.
This might mean the car doesn't drive well if you change something as critical as ABS/braking settings, because that's to be expected. If it's expected, what's the point of the test?

Still the same broken cam with no audio but you can check the lap .

Nissan GT-R concept 2:36.708

Need to explore some other tuning options. Online tune first and tested offline after this.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

If I'm not to late I'd like to try and get a car entered for this.

Must apologize to everyone for my disappearance, lot of stuff going on for me (most of it not good:() and just haven't had the motivation to run GT5.Hopefully this will help cure some of my blues.

Need to explore some other tuning options. Online tune first and tested offline after this.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Wow is all I have to say at that lap. It looks so fluid and clean. Two big thumbs up. My 37.038 looks nowhere near that clean . Your lap looks like one long continuation of precision while mine is a bunch of cut up sections, haha. Hard to explain. You really hug those curbs hard, whilst I tried to sort of avoid them on my lap. My worst area of the track is from 1:05 to 1:25, and watching you do it gave me an idea. I do think I need to switch up my BB to equal 5/5 or perhaps front bias to make things work. 👍👍

Boo for leaving Team Citroen :grumpy:
You could have tuned a spaceship, instead you choose a car that looks like a brick :lol:

Exactly that.

There may be some underlying merit to the tests themselves, searching for flaws the ABS is covering, but you have to imagine it's quite possible the tuner is aware of what's going on, and built the car the way it is because of the rules/regulations.
This might mean the car doesn't drive well if you change something as critical as ABS/braking settings, because that's to be expected. If it's expected, what's the point of the test?

I've said that I will test the tunes with whatever BB they come with.

One of the point of me doing the tests without ABS is this : ( a personal opinion )
What I always look for in a car is the natural behavior when pushed hard, which is why I want the act of braking input to be in the best possible performance while staying pure in operation that is without being assisted by the game.
That is just my preference of driving in GT5, leaving all switchable assist off, so I can experience the raw feel of the car as it is. It does not matter if the car inherently hard or flawed, I would still try to tame it, and explore it's limits.

I understand that some tuners may do not like their cars being tested without ABS, which is why my tests would not contribute to the end result. They are free to read and take notes of my comments and time results.
I could post my test results after the deadline/final result if DB does not mind and if other tuners wanted this way.

Last edited:
I want ask that we are runing our cars in Cape Ring ??? Or another Cape Ring not in my track list :crazy: .
I saw praiano post lap time 2:37.xxx or 2:36.xxx but me i can get high 2:45.xxx or 2:44.xxx . So i am very slow and my car slowest :( .
Sorry i know that this question asked before but ?? :dopey:

Just saying i am cool :). Praiano is fast driver and the best of the best tuner 👍

I saw now his video and his car very fast like it has 600pp on it not 550pp and it run 227 to 230 i think km not mph and its very save i love the way he drive it on the track good drive Sir :gtpflag:

ND:dopey:

@NEWDRIVER don't worry about praiano's times. He is one of the faster drivers around here and on this course I wouldn't be surprised if his times were 4 or 5 seconds faster than the average for tuners and test drivers.

XDesperado67
@NEWDRIVER don't worry about praiano's times. He is one of the faster drivers around here and on this course I wouldn't be surprised if his times were 4 or 5 seconds faster than the average for tuners and test drivers.

+1 yes you are right . That time he record it make me worry and scare 👍

I hope that every thing going well with you XD and welcome back Sir 👍

Last edited:
+1 yes you are right . That time he record it make me worry and scare 👍

I hope that every thing going well with you XD and welcome back Sir 👍

Don't worry my friend, everything is relative like Mr Einstein said. When i race some WRS time attack, some reals Aliens make me feel like i'm parked on the track...... :ouch::) ,but everybody have the same amount of fun, 100% GT5 fun for sure.

Welcome back my friend XDesperado, life is harder everywhere in the world. Just don't give up and be happy. That's the best way everytime.

Check this , written by Paulo Coelho in his book "The Fifth Mountain".

"At this moment, many people have stopped living. They do not become angry, nor cry out; they merely wait for time to pass. They did not accept the challenges of life, so life no longer challenges them.”

Have a good day everybody and remember,
as Harvey Wallbanger always says...
Drive hard and have fun! :)

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

praiano63
Don't worry my friend, everything is relative like Mr Einstein said. When i race some WRS time attack, some reals Aliens make me feel like i'm parked on the track...... :ouch::) ,but everybody have the same amount of fun, 100% GT5 fun for sure.

Have a good day everybody and remember,

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Yes 👍 you make me feel like i am parking on the track . And still i need to learn more from you my friend .

And i will remember that

ACURA HSC CONCEPT '04

picture.php

CAR ON SHARE

-Displacement ----- cc
-Max. Power 467 HP / 8100 rpm
-Max.Torque 337 ft-lb / 6300 rpm
-Drivetrain MR
-Power/Weight Ratio 2.42 kg/Hp
-Length 4250 mm
-Width 1785 mm
-Height 1140 mm
-Weight 1150 kg F 47 R 53
-Performance Points 550 pp
-Distance 692,800 Miles

SETTINGS :

Parts to buy ;

-Aero Kits Wing
-ECU Tuning
-Engine Tuning Stage 3
-Sports Intake Manifold
-Sports Air Filter
-Sports Exhaust Manifold
-Catalytic Converter:sports
-Titanium Semi-Racing Exhaust
-Fully Customizable Transmission
-Clutch Twin-Plate
-Flywheel: Semi-Racing
-Adjustable LSD
-Suspension Fully Customizable Kit
-Tiers Sports ( Soft ) or Tiers Racing ( soft)

TUNES ;

Weight Adjustment :
Ballast Amount (kg) : 00
Ballast Position : 00

Power Limiter :
Power Level : 100.00%

Transmission :
Gearing In this order please
Reset to Default
Default Final Gear 4,062
Default Top Speed - 193 MPH
After that adjust gear like that
1st - 3.688
2nd - 2.484
3rd - 1.814
4th - 1.390
5th - 1.116
6th - 0.940
-After that set final gear to 4,500
-IT Will Give Top Speed Up right 177 MPH

Suspension :
-Ride Height : F -4 R 0
-Spring Rate : F 13.8 R 13.1
-Dampers (EX) : F 6 R 7
-Dampers (com) : F 5 R 4
-Anti Roll Bars : F 3 R 2
-Camber Angle : F 1.6 R 2.2
-Toe Angle : F 0,04 R 0,18

LSD :
Initial Torque : F 00 R 10
Acceleration Sensitivity : F 00 R 12
Braking Sensitivity : F 00 R 8

Aerodynamics
Downforce F 0 R 19

Brake Balance Controller ;
Front 5 Rear 7

This car handle like a dream,save and it will fit the driver on wheel more than controller .
I know that is not the fast car in this shootout but you will enjoy diving it. :)

Last edited:
praiano63
This last picture is very nice , i love it, sensation of speed and the pilot with the head down between the shoulders........ great.

Congratulations Kate. :)👍

On behalf of Kate she would like to thank you for liking her picture.

Thank you.

DigitalBaka

Boy can she! She's what...10?...and way faster than me. Especially in that stupid forsaken coconut car. :grumpy: Way to help out the "old man" there, Princess K. Thank you, indeed. :bowdown:

Yep, 10 years old, and nine times out of ten she kicks my rear end :lol:

I'm not sure how competitive this car will be (really! I haven't even driven it :lol: ), but Kate said she had a 2:44.xxx in it and liked the way it drove. But really for me, just talking to my daughter on the phone and through E-mail, made this tune a special one for me.

Now she can't have her own account here on GTP because of her age (I thought about letting her start one, and lie about her age, but that would not be setting a good example), but she can view this site for free, so she is very happy that people like her pics and her helping me.

Thanks everyone! :dopey:

Just give her access via your account&#8230;though you'd be held accountable should she do something wrong. :P

I thought I made a post about test driving but I can't seem to find it...must have been in my head:crazy: I'd be willing to test drive just not so many cars. If you end up dividing it into groups I'll take on one group, and after that as many as I can, time permitting.

Onboy123
Just give her access via your account&hellip;though you'd be held accountable should she do something wrong. :P

Not sure that would be allowed. I'll have to check with the Mods :dopey:

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

So you are also tuning this car?...lol. Excellent choice. I have a bit of work to do then:idea:..I'm a few tenths behind:)

EDIT: 13/10ths to be exact...lol. I thought I was in the 37's but I just checked and it's 38.3.

Last edited:
Did a good half hour of tuning just now and made my Citroen a whole lot easier to handle. Who knew an LSD could do so much for stability..Anyway the car is just as fast before but the nasty oversteer under power is now mostly gone. I think I'm very close to finalizing the tune now.

Also set a new hotlap with the latter half of the lap (After loop) being an insane suicide run. I really don't know how I didn't crash. Corner after corner I kept dancing at around at the edge of track.

Scored a 1:36.770

Back