Project CARS General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 20,822 comments
Perran's modelling work on the Zakspeed Capri is nothing short of amazing. Shame I can't post the wireframe models here, you'll just have to become a member if you want to see the insane levels of detail in the model, inside and out. ;)

Nice pic from a user "plm5" in the wmdportal.com forums..

8124667137_0344403dae_h.jpg

8124667623_83208e92c3_h.jpg

SimonK
Perran's modelling work on the Zakspeed Capri is nothing short of amazing. Shame I can't post the wireframe models here, you'll just have to become a member if you want to see the insane levels of detail in the model, insids and out. ;)

And he js still 10k poly's under the limit set for all models. Amazing work indeed.
Then with Stephen Baysted and co their work on sound and AJ's work on the STM... this beast should come alive soon enough. :D

Perran's modelling work on the Zakspeed Capri is nothing short of amazing. Shame I can't post the wireframe models here, you'll just have to become a member if you want to see the insane levels of detail in the model, inside and out. ;)
It's already on the Facebook page so I'm pretty sure you can post it here.

Do they have an official FB page? I thought that was a fan page which shouldn't be posting dev images.

They don't seem to care, if they did the page would've been shut down already.
Anyways, if you don't feel comfortable posting don't do it. You can always link people to that page.

This game seems to be progressing nicely. How complete are the graphics? do they have a certain goal or are they pretty much finished?

OHM_fusion
This game seems to be progressing nicely. How complete are the graphics? do they have a certain goal or are they pretty much finished?

I think/hope improvements will be made until the average system can just about handle it. We are still not even in Alpha stage, so I reckon it is not considered complete from a development perspective.

I do also wonder about what goals are set. The poly amount per model car, tree, armco, track. Or the features they wish to include graphics wise.
On the other hand... Surprises are nice too. :P

One of the most impressing things for me, although only a small detail was the reflection of the drivers hands in the formula a car.

I hate not having Nurb GP, one of my favorite tracks. Need to save up another 75$ to upgrade to senior :grumpy:

Not all is bad if you do. Think of the return you'll get for your investment. 👍

@Rest:
God... I love those pic being posted here. Maybe I should try making my own livery too for fun's sake. :)

Edit: On second thought... now I looked at painting stuff. I better leave it to the guys with experience. lol

Last edited:
Hi guys, this is a video with the new Infineon Raceway (interior camera and external camera in wet) and Nürburgring GP circuits, also with updated BMW Z4 GT3. I hope you like it.

👍

Good video as usual but it's not called Infineon Raceway anymore, the branding deal expired. It's just 'Sonoma Raceway' now.

hello.

I leave a project comparative Vs iRacing cars at Laguna Seca, the two have an impressive quality
Hope you like.

a greeting

digiprost
hello.

I leave a project comparative Vs iRacing cars at Laguna Seca, the two have an impressive quality
Hope you like.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLOtsgxUXec">YouTube Link</a>

a greeting

Thank you. I liked it.

It seems that currently (maybe due to laserscanning) the track in iRacing seems a bit more 'alive' and less canned. Though graphically and physics wise I personally prefer pCARS.

digiprost
hello.

Hope you like.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLOtsgxUXec">YouTube Link</a>

a greeting

I'm surprised iRacing did not include the asphalt run off areas MotoGP required to be out around the track?

I'm surprised iRacing did not include the asphalt run off areas MotoGP required to be out around the track?

I don't think Laguna Seca is featured in any Car racing game with the Moto GP runoff areas, at least none that I remember.

Last edited:
That Laguna Seca video's great. Seems like the FOV was pretty wide in the pCars portion. Made the track seem narrower. They've progressed on Laguna Seca really well in pCars. The only thing is, and this is a tiny thing that's most probably going to be changed, the skybox looks surreal in the pCars video and the lighting is sort of a bit too dull, or the tint.

The surface itself isn't as alive as iRacing's but the layout's virtually perfect.

The iRacing version almost looks real , like if it was mounted on the front of the car with a go pro or something.

Having been on the real track, after seeing that video I'd have to say the iRacing version is best. Purely from an observation standpoint.

I'm surprsied no-one has mentioned this yet,but Multiplayer is now open to Team Members+.

Ya! I've got tomorrow morning off! Guess what I'm going to be doing....

I'm surprsied no-one has mentioned this yet,but Multiplayer is now open to Team Members+.

Ya! I've got tomorrow morning off! Guess what I'm going to be doing....

Sweet! I'll check it out tonight!
Guys sorry to keep on asking about the paints, but what do I need to rename the custom ones to to get them to show?

Halfway done with my Spoof cars, I think many of you will get a kick out of these once they are finished.

Jav
Sweet! I'll check it out tonight!
Guys sorry to keep on asking about the paints, but what do I need to rename the custom ones to to get them to show?

I believe you put the Car name and then "Player". For instance if you have a livery for the BMW Z4 GT3, you name it "BMW_Z4_GT3_LIVERY_PLAYER"

Back