Corvette C7 Test Prototype ’13 DLC Out Now!

• Thread starter Marky264
  • 1,605 comments
Out of the park home run 👍👍👍👍 if it also comes with an RM version, combined with a proper exhaust sound and some great handling to go along with it.

Since the C6 Z06 and C6 ZR-1 in the game both provide a racing modification upgrade , I feel confident in saying that the C7 will feature a RM as well.

Got the car last night with only a little spare time. Took it into an arcade race at the Ring for a quick test. Set my usual starting brake settings on it, put some Comfort Softs on, turned off all the helpers, and went out to get a feel for it.

First impression: What a twitchy nightmare of a piece of crap car this is! Has the "spin first, ask questions later, even when being highly conservative" corner entry of a GT-R, only without the AWD power-understeer to make it saveable. Keeps on trying to spin long after letting off the brakes fully like the GT-R, too. Suffered with it for 15-20 minutes but still couldn't get a handle on it.

Then I realized that in my haste I had set the brakes backwards at 3/6 instead of 6/3 somehow.

Second impression: Not bad. Not bad at all. :D Turns in very well for a stock Corvette, stays quite stable through the turn, just a hint of oversteer if you get too greedy with the throttle. Then my half-hour test drive was over.

Looking forward to the real thing, but this will be plenty of fun while waiting.

Since the C6 Z06 and C6 ZR-1 in the game both provide a racing modification upgrade , I feel confident in saying that the C7 will feature a RM as well.

What about this: What are the odds that like we saw with the Viper and Forza, we won't just see the production car but we also see the C7.R? If memory serves me right, I recall a interview with Doug Fehan and he said there is going to be a C7 racing.

I'm willing to bet Damage hasn't been modelled on this car quite yet.

Yeah, you're right, crashing it won't do anything, also, on the description it says that the tail lights are "fake"
I think it means the shape, so now is more probable that Jalopnik's render is true. :ouch:

after watching some youtube videos, I don't get why all the excitement. It is completely covered (even with dummy lights and shapes according to the description) on the outside and on in the inside.
GT: The Real Exterior Simulator?

Think it's just static, anyway this car being made available in full camouflage (including camouflaged interior) more than a month before the actual car is revealed is a pretty big occasion within the realms of driving games and the car industry I reckon (and once it's revealed and the production version is included it mostly loses that special meaning and feeling when driving it so I'd say make the most use of it right now).
Sure, we have the partly camouflaged Black Mask GT-R before but that only became driveable since GT5 when the production GT-R was already available in Prologue.
Truuuuth.

I'm willing to bet Damage hasn't been modelled on this car quite yet.
If it did, PD would be in purrty big trouble.

this car being made available in full camouflage (including camouflaged interior) more than a month before the actual car is revealed is a pretty big occasion within the realms of driving games and the car industry I reckon.

I'm really curious how long PD had data for the car to create it and how long it took them to do so. Perhaps they have new software that has greatly decreased the time it takes to create a car?

I'm really curious how long PD had data for the car to create it and how long it took them to do so. Perhaps they have new software that has greatly decreased the time it takes to create a car?

Maybe that had it ages ago.

Chevrolet must have been working on this car longer than it takes PD to model it virtually.

Maybe even they took Chevys virtual model and applied it to GT5.?

Think it's just static, anyway this car being made available in full camouflage (including camouflaged interior) more than a month before the actual car is revealed is a pretty big occasion within the realms of driving games and the car industry I reckon (and once it's revealed and the production version is included it mostly loses that special meaning and feeling when driving it so I'd say make the most use of it right now).
Sure, we have the partly camouflaged Black Mask GT-R before but that only became driveable since GT5 when the production GT-R was already available in Prologue.

Not fully true, because it was drivable in the Prologue demo and got turned into the normal GT-R when it was revealed.

Plus this:

Bah... tried to download it earlier today and managed to add it to my cart but the download would not work. Since then it just says that it is "unavailable for purchase" :(

Yeah and what, even if they give a car you want, they'll be another gamer that dont like that car and complain about it. So what should PD do ?

Put all the car of the world in the game ?

Seriously stop complaining about free stuff, it gets super annoying.

It's actually very simple, if you dont like it dont download it.

It's not that simple. PD needs to find a balance between publicity moves and DLC that people would be willing to pay for. There's too much PD egoism, too little proper DLC such as car packs. That's my point, not the free C7 in particular.

Why all the uproar? It's looks like a car wrapped in a towel. I for one think the car looks like ****, can't use that word here. It's not like PD spent hours and hours to get it in the game.

Hate me if you want, but I'm just speaking my mind.

Why all the uproar? It's looks like a car wrapped in a towel. I for one think the car looks like ****, can't use that word here. It's not like PD spent hours and hours to get it in the game.

They might not have spent hours putting the car in the game, but it's what the C7 represents.

It's represents a new relationship between PD and a car company, other than Nissan.

That represents a hell of a lot of man hours. Expect good things.

They might not have spent hours putting the car in the game, but it's what the C7 represents.

It's represents a new relationship between PD and a car company, other than Nissan.

That represents a hell of a lot of man hours. Expect good things.

Damn good point. Did not look at it that way. Thanks

I like the Corvette, it sounds good for a GT5 car and the handling/ffb is great. One of the more enjoyable cars to drive in GT5 and a welcome addition to my collection. I don't play GT5 much these days, maybe every couple of months but this car was worth firing it up for.

I really liked this car, handles great, and even though it's all covered up, it's still photogenic. :lol:

Last edited:
So it seems I disrespect any vehicle with in the first minute of driving them. At least I did it with new Corvette in style.

Last edited:

Ok, wow, umm I just vomited a little. EVERY word you used to share your thoughts is ****, can't use that word here. lol then don't use it! :dunce:

It's not like PD spent hours and hours to get it in the game.

*sigh*

I find it curious that you felt the need to rip into him after he already admitted that he was wrong for commenting without looking at the whole picture.

His second post was only two posts away, for crying out loud.
I actually read that after making that post and he only admitted that he didn't understand that the Chevrolet and Polyphony Digital "relationship" is a good thing. Well, he didn't admit it, he just said he didn't realize that.

The man-hours thing is about the relationship. He didn't realize that modelling the tarp ONLY is a lot of work.

It was the whole way he made his post is what got to me. I can admit I MIGHHHT'VE gotten carried away, but it sends a message.

Back