Update 2.10 - Major PP changes

• Thread starter crazy206
  • 774 comments
i find the new PP calculations really weird. One thing that really caught me were my 2 Toyota Supras (1 RZ and 1 SZ-R) tuned for drift. Before the update, they were 500PP and 497PP, after the update they were 443 and 439PP. WTF??? HUUUUGGEE PP drop :confused: with this, I always though Class-A Japanese were in a specific PP range (455-470), that would make them balanced against each other. But with this, PD made it look like a stock Toyota Supra RZ doesn't stand a chance against its rival, a stock Nissan R34 GT-R, or a stock Honda NSX-R NA2. :dunce:

I think this update just ruined the balance of the game. What's more weird is that some cars are not affected at all, and that only a few are really well-balanced. I have these cars in my garage:

- NSX-R NA2 remained at 547PP
- Murcielago SV remained at 645PP
- R35 SpecV remained at 643PP
- BMW M3 E92 dropped from 562 to around 553 (which seems to be more balanced, because it's still quite heavy when fully-upgraded)
- Subaru Impreza WRX STi GR dropped from 570 to 567 (REAL close to a fully-upgraded Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X, which didn't drop and remained at 566PP)
- 86/FR-S/BR-Z dropped from 502 to 471

I have to agree with some people in here, cars that are mainly affected are RWD cars, my track-tuned FWD and some of my AWD cars had their PP untouched, almost all of my drift cars have lower PP.

Last edited:
So decided to see how badly PD messed up the PP system with this update.
Took a Lexus IS200 '98 to the old FR Seasonal race at High speed ring. Now fully upgraded except for a rear wing the car is rated at 414PP.
Had the Shelby Series One Supercharged on the pole yet caught and passed him easily at start of 4th lap. Removed the ECU and swItched to a Sports Exhaust whIch wIth mInImul power lImItIng got me to 400PP. Passed the SerIes One at start of lap 5 and earned 1, 239, 000 Cr In a 6:25 wIth 200% logIn bonus.:crazy:

So decided to see how badly PD messed up the PP system with this update.
Took a Lexus IS200 '98 to the old FR Seasonal race at High speed ring. Now fully upgraded except for a rear wing the car is rated at 414PP.
Had the Shelby Series One Supercharged on the pole yet caught and passed him easily at start of 4th lap. Removed the ECU and swItched to a Sports Exhaust whIch wIth mInImul power lImItIng got me to 400PP. Passed the SerIes One at start of lap 5 and earned 1, 239, 000 Cr In a 6:25 wIth 200% logIn bonus.:crazy:

The PP system wasn't perfect before, but now it's totally destroyed. PD really made a mess of this last update.

The PP system wasn't perfect before, but now it's totally destroyed. PD really made a mess of this last update.

Seems like everyone prefers the pre-2.10 PP calculations than THIS. :grumpy:

Hey guys

Reading through I read some are having the issue involving the (gt loading screen). I have this happen after most all of the updates.

How I fix this?
I hit the PS button>quit game. Then I go to my time and date settings and reset the time and date. It seems to work every time.đź‘Ť

Please give it a try. If it works for you too, let me know.:)

Thanks all.

atiger

Seriously? Can't we give it a few weeks before passing judgement? There's been barely enough time for a few races to fully test the new limits. I'm looking forward to seeing new cars at the top, or slower cars being more competitive

Seriously? Can't we give it a few weeks before passing judgement? There's been barely enough time for a few races to fully test the new limits. I'm looking forward to seeing new cars at the top, or slower cars being more competitive

It's like it's always been..First judge everything new full crap and at the end everything is fine, mostly even better....

So from what i've seen, the Supra dominates 500PP, and the Speed 12 destroys anywhere from 530-575PP. The '99 penzoil GTR is also very low pp, as are a few others.

On a side note, the Challenger TC anhillates the last race of the Supercar Seasonals. At 534PP, i managed 1.3 million at 130%.

If it just made some cars more competitive then I'd agree to give it some time to settle in before passing judgement. However it has totally destroyed any form of PP balance for several cars.
I'm an average driver at best and prior to this update I doubt there was a 400PP car I could have used to win any of the FR 500PP Seasonal races. Now I did it fairly easily and could probably go to 390-395PP and still win with the Lexus IS200 '98.
Prior to the update my best 450PP time on the ring in a car with Sports Hard tires was 8:17.xxx with a Hommell Berlinette R/S Coupe. Today I ran the IS200 maxed out with a wing set to 20 (which caused a lot of understeer on the rough tune) to a sloppy lap of 8:12.xxx at 423PP. Also ran a 7:58.xxx in a rough tuned Crossfire at 450PP on SH tires which puts me time wise in the same neighborhood as several WRS division 1 drivers from pre update who were using top cars and tunes.
In the tuning forum we run a lot of tuning shootouts. Recently we did one for 500PP Race cars. Most of the top cars were S2K variants with a S2K LM taking top honors in the event. My Altezza TC took second overall and had the 4th fastest average lap time at Spa where the cars were tested. Those S2Ks after the update are all sitting around 492PP. My Altezza is now rated at 447PP and can no longer reach the same PP as those S2Ks yet remains just as fast if not faster.
This isn't a wait and see situation, but a situation where PD has seriously messed up what was at least a semi functional system.:mad:

Just decided to delete the game data and re-install. I'll let you know how it goes in the morning. Hopefull this fixes the issue. Nothing can be easy, I swear. Off to get some Forza time in I guess.

Well, just tried deleting and re-installing the updates in order to fix my loading screan loop problem and its a no go. Still have the same problem. Thanks alot PD for destroying my game-save. Everything was fine before....and now this. What a piece of crap.

Just tried a Supra in a 500pp room with a tune for fun track day style driving, not one that's aimed to be fast or competitive. It absolutely embarrasses cars like the NSX and Evora.

Upon watching the replay offline, my Supra was hitting 20-25mph faster on the short straights of Rome than the rest of the field, heaven knows what speed difference there is on a track like La Sarthe :yuck:

Well, just tried deleting and re-installing the updates in order to fix my loading screan loop problem and its a no go. Still have the same problem. Thanks alot PD for destroying my game-save. Everything was fine before....and now this. What a piece of crap.
Try playnthru's suggestion. Hopefully it'll work.

I only got on a couple of hours ago and got dc'd from every room I went into. Hasn't been this bad ever for me, not even close. Something is up...

Could the two updates for sound on the hsv be pd testing the results of new proceedures to make sounds more realistic for gt6?

A well tuned Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5 – 16 Evolution II ’91 will now DOMINATE any 400pp or 425pp room.

I have a rule in my room - If you win you must retire car until pp changes.

This Evo is a killer now.

I am R1600Turbo. :)

Yep, and I can confirm that he is :)

Nice to have a sound update! Although it's pretty good to be able to play GT5 without disturbing the neighbours, a little more growl wouldn't hurt (generally speaking, I haven't heard the new HSV sound yet).

Could the two updates for sound on the hsv be pd testing the results of new proceedures to make sounds more realistic for gt6?

Could very well be. Although realism is hard to define, I believe that the current sounds are pretty realistic already. But as with anything else, realism can be done in a pale and smooth version, or in a more rough and exciting version. It's the latter that people are requesting.

Last edited:
Try playnthru's suggestion. Hopefully it'll work.

Tried that and still no fix. Still doing the same thing. Needless to say, I'm not happy about this. Everything was friggin' fine before their glorious update. (sarcasm)

A well tuned Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5 – 16 Evolution II ’91 will now DOMINATE any 400pp or 425pp room.

I have a rule in my room - If you win you must retire car until pp changes.

This Evo is a killer now.

I haven't driven any cars yet, but my RX7 now has 280 hp at 400PP...lol.

Holy Hell! How is this possible!? :scared:

IMAG0311_zpsb236ef84.jpg

Oh my. After updated my Camaros to 500pp I noticed something. My 00 SS Camaro at 500pp has 602 HP while my 97 z28 Camaro has 453 HP at 500pp. It wasn't like this before the update. These cars weight are pretty much the same too, with 1 kg difference after making the cars lighter with the upgrades. 97 z28 1270 kg and 00 SS 1269 kg.

Before the update my 00 SS had around 5 HP over my 97 z28 at 500pp.

Tried that and still no fix. Still doing the same thing. Needless to say, I'm not happy about this. Everything was friggin' fine before their glorious update. (sarcasm)

Same problem for me....

Hoping for for a solution.

I tried some savegames. One of them, from 3 months ago. And nothing works...
I reinstaled all the game, and downloading all the updates, starting without connection... nothing

Back