Driveclub

• Thread starter Waheed
  • 9,286 comments
Anyone want to guess on the amount of polygons these cars are pushing? They look like they're Forza 4 Auto Vista quality, so maybe 7, 800k?

Last edited:
Can't wait to see more; the game looks fantastic!

The developers confirm the game will support all PS3 compatible wheels, and that your club can race against AI, so with AI present there must be a full set off offline modes, campiagn/season, quick race, etc.

Added one more car:

- Aston Martin Vanquish '13
- Bac Mono
- Bentley
- BMW M3 GTS
- BMW M5
- Hennessey Venom GT
- Koenigsegg Agera R
-Marussia B2
- Maserati Granturismo MC Stradale
- Mercedes-Benz A 45 AMG
- Mercedes-Benz CLA 45 AMG
- Pagani Huayra
- RUF CTR3 Clubsport

Mercedes-Benz press release:

The car line-up in this pioneering game, which conveys better than ever before the heart and soul of motor racing and the passion it inspires, includes several exceptional sports cars from Mercedes-Benz – first and foremost among them the new CLA 45 AMG and the new A 45 AMG. Both these high-performance vehicles will be celebrating their real-world premiere in March 2013. Driveclub and the new Playstation 4 console will be launching this holiday season.

Playstation 4 is SCEI’s next generation computer entertainment system that redefines rich and immersive gameplay with powerful graphics and speed, intelligent personalisation, deeply integrated social capabilities, and innovative second-screen features. Driveclub is the perfect fit for the lifestyle of the next generation of PlayStation gamers: an exhilarating, visceral and highly socially connected racing experience that showcases the immense capabilities of Playstation 4. Driveclub is a networked game to be played in real clubs, encouraging players to team up and to collaborate and compete with one another while experiencing the thrill of driving the best cars in the world, on the best roads in the world. The audiovisual quality of the cars and the tracks is staggering, and the view from the cockpit is absolutely true to life, immersing the player in every race and recreating the power and the drama that they would feel if they were actually sitting in the driver’s seat.

As well as the CLA 45 AMG and the A 45 AMG, further vehicles with the three-pointed star will join Driveclub.

I wonder if the McLaren P1 will make an appearance in this or will it fall under Simraceway 'exclusivity' McLaren contract? It would be a damn shame if that trash had it all to itself.

I decided to make a comparison between the e92 M3 on Forza 4 and the one in Driveclub.
Link
Driveclub looks more accurate to the real car.

Always nice when the game developers to notice you.
This time for the video "Welcome to DRIVECLUB ™ (Cinematic Footage)" thanked me on Twitter
and in the comments on YouTube + Paul Rustchynsky liked Ferino Design page on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FerinoDesign
------------------
Paul Rustchynsky @Rushy33 (Design Director on Driveclub in Evolution Studios)

More pictures "with gratitude" from the Evolution Studios developers:
------------------
Will Maiden @arconic (Game Designer for Evolution Studios. Currently working on Driveclub.)
https://twitter.com/arconic/status/306743834736459776
==================
The main thing! now I'm the first source for news!
All game footage shown on the PlayStation Meeting 2013 was the official in-game!

------------------
Col Rodgers @S7ARBVCK (Game Director on DRIVECLUB at Evo Studios/SONY.)

Considering this could've been done on un-finalized hardware specs, it could possibly look even better come release. I guess this could be said for all PS4 demos released so far, we'll see.

Well deserved jBhIpS, well deserved!

Absolutely. Hear! hear! 👍

This also shows that they are obviously keeping a finger on the pulse of the masses.
And they used the opportunity to tell you, jBhIpS, that it's all in-game, and not just cinematic footage. ;)

Fantastic! :D

Congrats, you'd think they would give you some goodies for your troubles. ;)

@jBhIpS Congrats again man. It's really awesome the devs noticed your trailer, very well deserved. Really your trailer is THAT awesome to the world and hope more sees it. :D:tup:

:cheers:

Great work on that trailer jBhIpS, I'm also a fan of your GTA V work.

Here's another comparison between FM4 and Driveclub. I used the Agera/Agera R this time.

Link

Some interesting items from the Drive Club trailer

01_zps7986c1ab.jpg

A: 3.8 km or 2.3 miles. Is this the length of a track? Or perhaps one sector on a track?

B: 13.6K. Could this be 13.6kms/8.4 miles, another length of a track? The lettering below the 13.6k number says:

Height Change: 557M
Average Width: 11.9M
Maximum Width: 17.4M
Minimum Width: 7.9M

That sure sounds like track statistics.

C: This looks like a track layout. Is this just a portion of a track, or will some or all tracks be point to point?

D: "Miltoid became the fastest Member of team Evo" There will be challenges or competition among team members and not just against other teams.

02_zpsddce18b2.jpg

A "Switch Race Mode" - What could this mode be? Perhaps the teams have to switch cars for the 2nd race?

03_zps6ed5d4b2.jpg

A "You will be able to unlock photographic creative filters which you can apply to photos and video you capture in the game through the replay system ... "

Good finds Earth.👍 I'm really looking forward to hearing more about the game and how it works.

Some interesting items from the Drive Club trailer

..........................(interesting items)......................

02_zpsddce18b2.jpg

Good finds, Earth 👍 We need to start looking around for stuff like this that will take the edge off our anticipation. Or will it make it worse? :dopey:

Notice how the Avatars are all real people? They are obviously promoting a strong social aspect to this.
There may be even 'family' teams - Hatfield and McCoy duels and so on.. . .:crazy:

A "Switch Race Mode" - What could this mode be? Perhaps the teams have to switch cars for the 2nd race?
02_zpsddce18b2.jpg

"

You're reading that the wrong way around, 'switch race mode' is the static heading, 3v3 team challenge is the race mode currently selected.

Any more news about Drive Club?
Things are awfully quiet. They must be working their asses off, I guess.

Jordan - might I recommend a 'Drive Club' Section, like TDU, NFS, etc has?

I suppose a seperate section will happen once the need for more threads arrives, probably after E3 - that's just a guess though.

With the PS4 being easier to code for, I'm also hoping for more news sooner than later.

You're reading that the wrong way around, 'switch race mode' is the static heading, 3v3 team challenge is the race mode currently selected.

Good catch, your right about that.

Another thing I noticed in the video is one of the challenges mentioned drifting.

Now Im not totally against drifting, but if drifting is the fastest way around a course it could be a deal breaker for me. Drift for boost would be even worse. I really hope they dont do that. I miss the old school PS1 arcade racers like Need for Speed and Rush Hour that had tight arcade physics that didnt rely on this overplayed drift for boost fad

Is that a Porsche in the back (the middle car)? Please tell me it's a Porsche

I know it's a RUF. ;_;

Are there any interesting piece of information in Edge article?

Can't quite tell, but to me it does.

Zonda, Elise and 911 (or at least RUF) and they look to be in a team livery of some kind :D

Back