Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
Hey Shadow! Nice to see you in here.
Mod's coming along great, can't wait to drive her.

As far as default tunes for Super GT cars go, it's nothing special, the default tune in GT5 is almost the same for every race car.

Also, the game doesn't measure spring rates in foot-pounds or anything, just uses seemingly arbitrary values.

There's some good tunes here, that are custom though:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5663335#post5663335

Why do you need the default tunes?

Assetto Corsa updates:

Marco Massarutto confirmed Assetto Corsa's price range in an interview to gamemag.it, which will be situated somewhere between 39 and 49€. Like we knew, some DLC will be available for free, others will require a small fee.

Other news notes include:
  • A team of 15 people is working on the game at the moment. They are finalizing the collision system, the AI and the multiplayer.
  • The sound is to be improved compared to the TP's Lotus Elise.
  • A making of video documentary covering the four years of production will be published shortly after Assetto Corsa's release
  • AC 1.0 will contain 26 cars, 10 more will be available as DLC within a year.
  • Nordschleife... They want to scan it really badly, but the recent turn of events (the track went up for sale) is interfering with this project. They can't really find someone to negotiate with at the moment. They don't lose hope though.

Also, they don't want to rush the release since they want it to be perfect. Personally, I'm ok with that.

They might be useful for us in a way,Obviously I do not have a PS3 so that Makes GT5 the only one I do not own...

So I thought that some information like gear ratios etc might be correct.

Thanks a lot^^

Oh right right. Nah, no real life gear ratios sadly. Kind of sad that GT5 is currently the best Super GT "simulator" though isn't it?

Wish they made a sim like Gamestock Car for us with Super GT, would be so sick.

iRacing's HSV should do ok, but I'm really looking forward to mods such as yours.

We are doing our best as well.
and good news but I would like to be able to work with AC as soon as possible...

Thank you very much for the information regarding GT5.kind of dissapointing though...

Shadow, you guys are doing an amazing job with the Super GT cars! Looking forward to playing with the final product once the game and your mod are released!

Thank you very much for your comment.
I really hope to create something that you can enjoy!
I'm looking forward too! If I can give you a little advice, since you have a mastodontic project in mind, if times runs up and you see you can't do everything in a common sense timeline please focus on a smaller number of cars. I saw sooo many ambitious projects never finished because modders wanted to do way too much, always wanted to add more stuff and never release anything. And it was a shame.

You know, I wish you all the best but for the final user is better having a single finished car with a nice paintable template and good physics than 20 unfinished cars with bugs, no templates and other issues. I'm telling you this not because your team are not capable to complete it, instead I believe you are competent and a very very skilled group. I tell you this because all you modders out there should realize that a SINGLE car can make A LOT. Expecially in Online Racing, where you want tie performances as much as possible (i.e. iRacing one make series). So good luck with SuperGT legacy but if it becomes too much, you always have the plan B. ;) Sorry for the wall of text and thanks for your awesome work! Good luck!

The models will be released individually,so you don't have to wait for the whole project to be finished.

Regarding time frames...Supra's development started in late 2011.I wanted to model is as good and accurately as possible, and also had to hunt for reference pictures,mechanical parts etc. It was not an easy task at all...
modeling is finished but still it is in development (textures uv maps and lods later)

AH btw don't freak out,the others will be finished much more faster than supra
NSX and Z are already in a good state^^

Assetto Corsa wise,I'm a one man band lately.Thankfully I have people helping me, or willing to help in the future.
But i still can't say we are teamed up for the whole thing

I'm a 3d artist so physics wise there is not much that can be said or done on my side.

Plan B will always be GTR2. Before AC, the mod was planned for GTR2
Actually this plan keeps going on. There is a personal plan that says
if AC doesn't cut it for me in certain areas (not gameplay related)
My personal interest will switch to GTR2

If such plan is in effect, you will get the AC version as promised,but I will not play with that version...

Thank you HKS racer, I would definitely like some luck,the good variation of it^^ :dopey:

The models will be released individually,so you don't have to wait for the whole project to be finished.

Regarding time frames...Supra's development started in late 2011.I wanted to model is as good and accurately as possible, and also had to hunt for reference pictures,mechanical parts etc. It was not an easy task at all...
modeling is finished but still it is in development (textures uv maps and lods later)

AH btw don't freak out,the others will be finished much more faster than supra
NSX and Z are already in a good state^^

Assetto Corsa wise,I'm a one man band lately.Thankfully I have people helping me, or willing to help in the future.
But i still can't say we are teamed up for the whole thing

I'm a 3d artist so physics wise there is not much that can be said or done on my side.

Plan B will always be GTR2. Before AC, the mod was planned for GTR2
Actually this plan keeps going on. There is a personal plan that says
if AC doesn't cut it for me in certain areas (not gameplay related)
My personal interest will switch to GTR2

If such plan is in effect, you will get the AC version as promised,but I will not play with that version...

Thank you HKS racer, I would definitely like some luck,the good variation of it^^ :dopey:
You are welcome and I'm very pleased to know you'll release car by car instead all in one. I'm an rFactor player in case you want to convert I can find some people for that since this mod is scracthmade and such an high quality car will surely rise the interest.

PS I'm not yet capable converting a car from GTR2 to rF but I could learn. Actually I'm making standalone bodymask for my personal use, changing tyres, creating my own fictional skins.. it' fun :)
If the Supra goes to rF I'll surely paint some!

standalone lightblue bodymask,

my skin and custom tyres,

standalone matte bodymask my skin and custom tyres,

Hey Shadow! Nice to see you in here.
Mod's coming along great, can't wait to drive her.

As far as default tunes for Super GT cars go, it's nothing special, the default tune in GT5 is almost the same for every race car.

Also, the game doesn't measure spring rates in foot-pounds or anything, just uses seemingly arbitrary values.

There's some good tunes here, that are custom though:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5663335#post5663335

Why do you need the default tunes?

Assetto Corsa updates:

Marco Massarutto confirmed Assetto Corsa's price range in an interview to gamemag.it, which will be situated somewhere between 39 and 49€. Like we knew, some DLC will be available for free, others will require a small fee.

Other news notes include:
  • A team of 15 people is working on the game at the moment. They are finalizing the collision system, the AI and the multiplayer.
  • The sound is to be improved compared to the TP's Lotus Elise.
  • A making of video documentary covering the four years of production will be published shortly after Assetto Corsa's release
  • AC 1.0 will contain 26 cars, 10 more will be available as DLC within a year.
  • Nordschleife... They want to scan it really badly, but the recent turn of events (the track went up for sale) is interfering with this project. They can't really find someone to negotiate with at the moment. They don't lose hope though.

Also, they don't want to rush the release since they want it to be perfect. Personally, I'm ok with that.
Is it mentioned in this interview how Kunos is going to release AC? I wonder if it is also going to be possible to buy an AC DVD instead of having it to download.

index.php

front10.jpg

mind_blown.gif

Looks like it's nearly finished on the outside.

gallar23.jpg

You reckon the Tech Preview is AC's version of GT5P? I *really* hope we don't have three years to go before release... :P

Back