Gran Turismo 6 coming to PS3

There seems to be a lot of teenagers on these forums who make the purchase of PS4 sound like it's an immense amount of cash...
There seem to be even more teenagers who blindly ignore the fact that a big part of the world population can't even afford a single game. Who ignore the fact that millions can just live by hook or by crook from the little money they have. Who have no 🤬 idea how much worse other peoples living standards can be. Who get born on the society's high horse and don't even think about to at least glance down on the hard reality other people have to live with. :yuck:

Luckily I don't have to be in that situation, I can afford all this stuff, but many others can't.

👎

How many people still play their PS3 now, how many people still play GT5 and how many people will actually BUY GT6 for PS3?
Millions and far more than the ones who'd buy it for PS4.
Do you actually think just because PS3 has a bigger install base, do you think 10 million people will buy GT6 on day 1? Many GT5 users went to Forza because of GT5 crappy gameplay.
And some Forza users went to GT5 because of... c'mon, do you really think those few players do cause the decision between success and failure? Neglectible to say it nice.
550 bucks + 65, 70 maybe? against 60 bucks, hmmm.... I'll take the second one please...
The PS4 is expected to cost less than 500 dollar, 400 and 450 are the most called numbers.

Last edited:
If the PS3 is good enough for GTA5 then it's good enough for GT6.

Yes, both games would more than likely be better on the PS4. But, both games would be even better again on a PC.

All those claiming to want the best possible and yet equating that with the PS4 are going to be in for a world of disappointment...

I've read things across various forums where people seem to believe that GT6 will be all premiums. Are there any sources to back this up?

I've read things across various forums where people seem to believe that GT6 will be all premiums. Are there any sources to back this up?

In a word, no.

At this moment the only things we know are:
  • A GT event is taking place on Wednesday day at Silverstone
  • A SCEE Senior VP mentioned GT6 as a PS3 title
  • Sony France posted and then pulled the Silverstone image with a PS3 logo

That's it, we don't even know officially if Wednesday is about GT6, we suspect and speculate about a lot, but the above is pretty much all we have to go on.

In a word, no.

At this moment the only things we know are:
  • A GT event is taking place on Wednesday day at Silverstone
  • A SCEE Senior VP mentioned GT6 as a PS3 title
  • Sony France posted and then pulled the Silverstone image with a PS3 logo

That's it, we don't even know officially if Wednesday is about GT6, we suspect and speculate about a lot, but the above is pretty much all we have to go on.

nice, thanks for the info. And, I didn't know they pulled it. damn, if that's not a clear indicator, I don't know what is. Not that much longer to wait it anyway.

I only read the first few pages so apologies if this has already been mentioned but recently at the Sony exhibition from work, they confirmed "the last of us" will be one of the first releases on PS4.

You might want t opost this in the The Last of Us thread, as it's a bit out of place in here. But do you have any source supporting this? I can't find any mention of it being on any other platform than the PS3.

In a word, no.

Well, to be honest, we have few small rumours from source I find very reliable (I will not quote source):

All cars will be premium this time

..there is a new feature about tracks that will be very cool

Nothing official yet, PS3, November...Newegg, multiplayer.com and Xtralife date as good date

15th anniversary logo in the boxart

We'll have to wait two more days.

"All cars will be premium this time"
^ Well of course haha, but how many? 0.0

"..there is a new feature about tracks that will be very cool"
^ O_O

HYPED again! :D Come on 15th come faster! >X(

Well, to be honest, we have few small rumours from source I find very reliable (I will not quote source):

We'll have to wait two more days.

I was generally refering to info from PD, but as always your info is always well worth reading.

👍

There has been a lot of confirmed participation for the event so far which suggests there is a lot more to be expected than just a GT Academy anouncement.

Something I've just seen which confirms the attendance of Kazunori Yamauchi and offers 'one ultimate Gran Turismo fan an amazing experience...' can be found on the Red Bull twitter here

Thank you amar for your great posts! I wanted to thank you for Neogaf posts too, but dont have an id there.
Only 2 days!!! :nervous:
When will be the event exactly?

"..there is a new feature about tracks that will be very cool"
I have an idea in my post along those lines. It will be interesting to see what people think of it.

Anyway, gotta get in a lawnmower race or two before work. Two more days...

Would someone in the know be able to tell us when (local time) the event is due to take place? Jordan?
probably nobody, except sony :nervous:
No, I don't know anything about the exact times or duration. Other than the travel arrangements and logistics, details of what will actually be happening at Silverstone are very scarce, even for those of us who have been invited. [...]
fortunately we have to wait only two more days :)

Whatever that "track feature" is, qualifying is a must...

It would be nice to see that return (GT2 was the last to have it if I recall), as well as standing starts again (which would hopefully also prompt PD to sort out the tyre issues that make them so unrealistic).

Back