GT5 looks better than this GT6 Demo

I actually think its funny when some people are trying to force it down our throat that we do have the stutters when in fact some of us don't have the stutters.

I actually think its funny when some people are trying to force it down our throat that we do have the stutters when in fact some of us don't have the stutters.

I have the fear that we get an unfinished game with GT6 again. The demo is obviously not optimised. Well, the full game is just some months away and I hope they will fix it. But then, GT5 was also thrown out unfinished and unpolished. They dont care, they say, that they can patch it after release. :yuck:

I have the fear that we get an unfinished game with GT6 again. The demo is obviously not optimised. Well, the full game is just some months away and I hope they will fix it. But then, GT5 was also thrown out unfinished and unpolished. They dont care, they say, that they can patch it after release. :yuck:

Okay seriously? Because of one little demo, you believe GT6 is somehow going to be released unfinished and they don't care about what, their game? Ugh! :crazy:

The antialising in 1080p mode is the same as in 720p so running the demo at 1080p gives much better image quality than at 720p. In GT5 the 720p mode have the double of antialiasing than in 1080p to compensate the loss of resolution. Not this time in the GT6 demo. Also I suspect that at 1080p this demo renders more pixels than the 1280x1080p in GT5. Textures look more detailed to me.

Anyway this is a custom build demo, the GT6 E3 demos did not look the same regarding the image quality, probably they used other rendering presets back then.

If anyone has a 720p tv compatible with a 1080p input, configure the PS3 to 1080p and back to the demo. Will look much better than at 720p. Even at 1080i will look better than 720p.

Yeah, it looks much, much better in 1080p, it looks sharp and crisp, textures look more detailed than in GT5 but frame rate and aliasing are still a problem. I think PD will fix this things anyway, of course, there's always a chance that the final game will look worse than the demo but if they can keep the detail while fixing the aliasing and framerate (I'm not expecting much here), I'll be very satisfied with the graphics.

Okay seriously? Because of one little demo, you believe GT6 is somehow going to be released unfinished and they don't care about what, their game? Ugh! :crazy:

Yes that's the drift of it I think.
If a company was to offer me a demonstration I think I would be entitled to form an opinion of the product. I'm not saying it will be bad. I'm saying that there are valid concerns at this point in time.

Final decision will be made from reviews and respected opinions from around here.

Yes that's the drift of it I think.
If a company was to offer me a demonstration I think I would be entitled to form an opinion of the product. I'm not saying it will be bad. I'm saying that there are valid concerns at this point in time.

Final decision will be made from reviews and respected opinions from around here.

Yep, I can't argue on that. That's true.

dr_slump
It's either ignorance or you really never played GT5.

What are you talking about?

I played GT5 for 3 years and nearly every single day but what is your point?

Also listing TV settings has nothing at all to do with framerates!

Oh, and "Game mode" reduces lag.

Also listing TV settings has nothing at all to do with framerates!

Oh, and "Game mode" reduces lag.

Tv settings were mentioned regarding jaggies ( sharpness, post processing - edge enhance can make picture quality worse ) , and "game mode" does not have that effect on my TV, I played BFBC2 pretty often, game mode do nothing than make the picture look overblown with lower brightness and high contrast + saturation.
Game mode is nothing but preset, I fiddled with Samsung's service menu and sees the hidden settings. The only way to change picture brightness + contrast + color under game mode is to access service menu. Game mode is essentially the same with movie mode, only with movie mode, there's no adjustments lock out.

Ridox2JZGTE
Tv settings were mentioned regarding jaggies ( sharpness, post processing - edge enhance can make picture quality worse ) , and "game mode" does not have that effect on my TV, I played BFBC2 pretty often, game mode do nothing than make the picture look overblown with lower brightness and high contrast + saturation.
Game mode is nothing but preset, I fiddled with Samsung's service menu and sees the hidden settings. The only way to change picture brightness + contrast + color under game mode is to access service menu. Game mode is essentially the same with movie mode, only with movie mode, there's no adjustments lock out.

A quote from www.hdtvtest.co.uk

Game Mode

Most TV manufacturers include a feature called [Game Mode] on their HDTVs, which serves to reduce input lag by cutting down on various video processing applied to the picture on screen. Although enabling [Game Mode] is normally enough to minimise lag, on certain models better results can be attained using special tricks.

Here’s a brand-by-brand breakdown of how to achieve the lowest input lag on the 2013 TVs we’ve reviewed to date:

Panasonic:*[Picture] > [Option Settings] > [Game Mode] “On“

Samsung:*Press the [Source] button on the remote, hover over HDMI, press the [Tool] button, select [Edit Name], then select [PC]

Sony:*[Scene Select] > [Game]

On Samsung TVs "Game Mode" is identical in response times but the use of naming the source "PC" is so you can also enable extra options such as "Warm 2"

All other processing should be set to off.

Find your TV here to see how much lag it has http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/input-lag

Last edited:
On Samsung TVs "Game Mode" is identical in response times but the use of naming the source "PC" is so you can also enable extra options such as "Warm 2"

Wrong !! Listed under entertainment preset - game mode do not allow any changes other than applying DNR and change aspect ratio. It's a preset with massive lockout, my Samsung has 3 entertainment preset mode, sports, cinema and game, all of them have preset picture and sound settings that can't be changed other than aspect ratio and DNR.

DNR still accessible in all three modes, which means it does not prevent all post processing to happen. Sports has Cool 1, Cinema Warm 2 and Game Normal color temp locked in.

I've been messing with service menu since I bought the TV new, and I tested various settings then I calibrated the tv for movie viewing. Best possible response time is attained by disabling all post processing, this can only be done in movie mode on Samsung TV - confirmed by going to service menu settings.

My tv has 14ms input lag , tested in movie mode by reviewer :)

One other thing to note that is that the input lag here is this low even when “Game Mode” is not enabled. In fact, on the Samsung LE32C530, the “Game Mode” switch is in fact nothing more than a marketing feature. On most Samsung TVs, selecting “Game Mode” temporarily blacks the screen out as it adjusts to an alternate driving mode, but here it does nothing except for applying a separate custom picture mode with heightened colour temperature and colour brightness. We left if off and just used our calibrated “Movie” mode for playing games (the 14ms measurement was in fact taken in this mode).

From the review : http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/samsung-le32c530-le40c530-20100813815.htm

Last edited:
It's nothing to do with your internet, it happens to everyone. Obviously it won't happen offline because you're not submitting a time to the servers.

Elsewhere though it's still not a solid 60fps and it's got nothing to do with the PS3 or TV.

Slow internet in gt5 cause my frame rates to drop and a lot of screen tearing ( and slow menus ),its not far fetched to think that a bad internet connection would at least cause frame rate drops.I play PC games too and when I play with no AA, you can tell theres no AA no matter the resolution,everything will be completely jaggy not just distant objects and lines on the ground and when my frame rate drops below 30 I can tell a major difference.I cant tell a drop from 60 to 50.So there might be some frame drops but its not that major imo. Ghost car didnt noticeably effect my frame rate either.Its obvious to me that people have different experiences.

What other conclusion is one supposed to come to from the demo? The demo is supposed to showcase the game, and the demo is unfinished. Either you pretend there's no connection between the demo and the game, or...

Ridox2JZGTE
Wrong !! Listed under entertainment preset - game mode do not allow any changes other than applying DNR and change aspect ratio. It's a preset with massive lockout, my Samsung has 3 entertainment preset mode, sports, cinema and game, all of them have preset picture and sound settings that can't be changed other than aspect ratio and DNR.

DNR still accessible in all three modes, which means it does not prevent all post processing to happen. Sports has Cool 1, Cinema Warm 2 and Game Normal color temp locked in.

I've been messing with service menu since I bought the TV new, and I tested various settings then I calibrated the tv for movie viewing. Best possible response time is attained by disabling all post processing, this can only be done in movie mode on Samsung TV - confirmed by going to service menu settings.

My tv has 14ms input lag , tested in movie mode by reviewer :)

From the review : http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/samsung-le32c530-le40c530-20100813815.htm

Ok so on "your" Samsung model game mode doesn't make a difference but on mine and most other peoples it does!
And on mine i can change all settings apart from colour temp in game mode.
But there is no point having it in calibrated movie mode on games as there is no standard.

What other conclusion is one supposed to come to from the demo? The demo is supposed to showcase the game, and the demo is unfinished. Either you pretend there's no connection between the demo and the game, or...

What excatly are you talking about? How am I pretending anything? Demo is demo, its short and like you said its a showcase (which in this case showcasing the physics and GT Academy). The demo is not showcasing the A.I. (even though there in it), and its certainly not showcasing the course maker. Nothing more.

And when you said the demo is unfinished, what did you mean by that?

Ok so on "your" Samsung model game mode doesn't make a difference but on mine and most other peoples it does!
And on mine i can change all settings apart from colour temp in game mode.
But there is no point having it in calibrated movie mode on games as there is no standard.

Did you even read the quoted review :
One other thing to note that is that the input lag here is this low even when “Game Mode” is not enabled. In fact, on the Samsung LE32C530, the “Game Mode” switch is in fact nothing more than a marketing feature. On most Samsung TVs, selecting “Game Mode” temporarily blacks the screen out as it adjusts to an alternate driving mode, but here it does nothing except for applying a separate custom picture mode with heightened colour temperature and colour brightness. We left if off and just used our calibrated “Movie” mode for playing games (the 14ms measurement was in fact taken in this mode).

Game mode only gives different picture settings preset on "my" tv, obviously not all Samsung or other brand models are the same.I can make changes in game mode, but I will have to access service menu, pointless IMO as I never use it.

I used movie mode on my PS3 as I also watch HD movies ( very important to be properly calibrated ), and gaming gets benefit by making sure no post processing is done by the TV + minimize input lag.

This is off topic, I won't discuss this any further.

GT5 TT Academy 2010

Ridox2JZGTE
Did you even read the quoted review :

Lmao!

Its you who needs to read properly.

He is saying on other Samsung models it blacks the picture out and changes to another driving mode (the faster game mode) which is what happens on my TV, but on your model it does nothing!

And i quote:

One other thing to note that is that the input lag here is this low even when “Game Mode” is not enabled. In fact, on the Samsung LE32C530, the “Game Mode” switch is in fact nothing more than a marketing feature. On most Samsung TVs, selecting “Game Mode” temporarily blacks the screen out as it adjusts to an alternate driving mode, but here it does nothing except for applying a separate custom picture mode with heightened colour temperature and colour brightness.*

But yeah you are right, its off topic and i will no longer talk about this subject!

Watching the replays, the cars just don't look real, its has that Forza 4 sheen that makes it look like fake plastic where GT5 actually looks like metal. It's like GT6 demo is missing some shaders and wow are the tracks bland, eg where is my grass that flaps in the wind when I drive by.

the cars are not the issue. The issue is all the jaggies and blurriness. The cars look better in GT6

GT5 TT Academy 2010

I guess watching that demo in 2010 one would conclude there would be no tire smoke or skid marks in GT5..but wait....it's only a demo!!!!💡

GT5 TT Academy 2010

I guess watching that demo in 2010 one would conclude there would be no tire smoke or skid marks in GT5..but wait....it's only a demo!!!!💡
hahaha Great post Zer0.

And johnnypenso, it's nothing but endless donuts with the car not moving as realistically as it SHOULD? if it were in GT6. Perfect donuts by the way.

No, it does not.
I figure that you mean the demo doesn't signify and conclude the result of the final/launch version of GT6?

If you want to do the hindsight game, GT Academy 2010 was nearly a year before the release of GT5 the final game. Plus it wasn't actually a full demo, so... not really that comparable.

If you want to do the hindsight game, GT Academy 2010 was nearly a year before the release of GT5 the final game. Plus it wasn't actually a full demo, so... not really that comparable.

Don't speak so soon, maybe we will be in for a similar wait after all.

Gamestop demo, 2 months before GT5

GT5

Gamestop demo, 2 months before GT5

GT5

And...?

I'm certain the point you're trying to make is not that because they added more badly dithered smoke to the game over the demo, hurting performance of the game further when too much gets on screen, as a result we should expect GT6 to have better performance than it has now. Because I was simply pointing out that your example was bad, and there's another big reason that this one is too besides that (namely, the existence of Prologue). Not that there's no chance that it will look or perform better for the final game.

Ok,even though the game is not finished and does not have a release date.

GT6 demo also has better lighting, smoother car models, better shadows.

It's showing alot of promise.

Ok,even though the game is not finished and does not have a release date.

GT6 also has better lighting, smoother car models, better shadows.
Which really are the only clear differences. Only a few know about all/most of them, and only some people know about the "subtle" differences in GT6 and GT5 - you know who you are!

Back