GT6 Mt Panorama demo at EB Expo, Sydney

• Thread starter Flunkus
  • 323 comments
I think the final release resolution are 1280 x 720...

No. They will stay on same resolution : 1440x1080p

They can return to 1280x1080 as GT5 but I doubt it ... We'll see.

Also, we will can adjust image stability in options.... At worst, you can fix your PS3 to 720p, it probably solve problem but picture will be less clean than 1080p.

Framerate drops when screen is loaded seems inevitable.... Especially since PD have increased resolution - 12% - and corrected defects of GT5. It shows limits of the PS3, simply.

The Last of Us and GTA V have framerate drops to 30-20 fps, it will not escape GT6. We can only hope it isn't too violent. 60-50 fps is correct.

I still think resolution and visuals over framerate is the wrong approach in GT's case. GT5 was already very inconsistent and then they go and increase the resolution even further. I would rather have a 720p image with no drops under any circumstances.

I still think resolution and visuals over framerate is the wrong approach in GT's case. GT5 was already very inconsistent and then they go and increase the resolution even further. I would rather have a 720p image with no drops under any circumstances.

There's no way they would ever go backwards with the resolution. The general public/average gamers knows what 1080P means on a box and it's a selling feature. Putting an explanation on there that they lowered the resolution to 720P to keep the framerate consistent...not such a big selling feature. We're stuck with it until GT7:grumpy:

I went to the expo too :), and amongst the PS4 and PSVita showcases was GT6. Most of what Flunkus said about the game was pretty much what I experienced as well:

Assists were not modifiable, you were only given the choice of a few cars.. none of which new.. and between Automatic or Manual transmission (you could use the stick shift but I used the paddles)

I was able to adjust the settings at the Driver Options tab at the race menu.
I was annoyed that they didn't have the Deltawing :(, so I chose the KTM X-BOW instead, which was still fun too.

I was a bit shaky on the rig because I like the resistance of my T500 at home, so the wheel felt as light as a feather and led to some hairy corrections.. but basically my impressions were:

-Much more unforgiving than GT5 in the overall physics. Cars were harder to catch, would go into slides that felt totally different than what I've experienced in past GT games.

Agreed-and that was on the steering wheel-many people failed to finish with driving aids on (I was able to though :))

-In keeping with the unforgiving nature, cars seemed to react a great deal more violently to upsets such as hitting a kerb or going over a hill at speed. This made 'The Chase' at Mt Panorama extremely difficult in the Z4 GT3 and I'll admit I spun out both laps there. Locking the brakes seemed to have more dire consequences as well, cars seemed to carry a lot more speed under locked tyres.
Did the same thing as well with the KTM X-BOW :guilty:. There is really no going back to GT5 once you start playing it...

-The sound was definitely not the new engine we've been hearing of. Sounded much the same as GT5. Nowhere near the likes of the Bathurst Trailer.
Still the placeholder sound and AI :grumpy:

-This could be me, but (playing in interior view, of course) the other cars seemed a lot 'larger' in a realistic way. I really felt starved for space on the track which led to a very exciting top portion of the track. Constantly having to be mindful of the location of other cars and having to give way quite a lot to avoid an incident. Mt. Panorama is a tight track up the top of the mountain, so it could be a perspective thing.. but I definitely felt 'closer' to the cars than in previous titles.
I did have the interior view on the KTM and noticed a better view of the track (primarily as the car has no roof :dunce:) than with cars in GT5-perhaps because the new rendering engine does help add more contrast to the surrounding environment.

Furthermore, Bathurst looks incredibly amazing and photorealistic and I am very pleased with how it turned out.

The only thing annoying about it was how the game automatically placed you on the track again if you got stuck-or sometimes in my case, when you were halfway through reversing :grumpy: (you see it in Flunkus' video a lot)

Overall, I was very happy with Bathurst and the GT6 demo at the expo and am looking forward to it (also placed my preorder at the even :))

Btw Flunkus, welcome to :gtpflag:

Last edited:
I think Arcade mode using difficulty A in gt5 does the car reset as in your demo. Maybe it's just down to how it was set up for the exhibition.

Very excited to here about the new physics, and especially excited to here about how the car reacts with the rumble strip, which was one on the biggest things that I didn't like in GT5, being able to plow though high curbs, in a low car will little consequences. Again, thank you to all who posted feedback:tup:👍👍

Also on the GTA demo you could hit the red sausage kerbs at Silverstone without any issues at all, in reality they'll throw your car up a few feet.

Also on the GTA demo you could hit the red sausage kerbs at Silverstone without any issues at all, in reality they'll throw your car up a few feet.

Yeah, the other thing is the slipstream, just completely unrealistic.

I was watching the video in the OP again, and at 1:56, a women comes over the speakers and says "We have a lost child" :yikes:

Last edited:
There's no way they would ever go backwards with the resolution. The general public/average gamers knows what 1080P means on a box and it's a selling feature. Putting an explanation on there that they lowered the resolution to 720P to keep the framerate consistent...not such a big selling feature. We're stuck with it until GT7:grumpy:

Yes. But you should know : image is sharper and pleasant at 1080p
Of course, resolution impact on framerate. If there is few drop, if it isn'tt very aggressive (60 fps to 50 fps), in finale version, it doesn't matter.

Yes. But you should know : image is sharper and pleasant at 1080p
Of course, resolution impact on framerate. If there is few drop, if it isn'tt very aggressive (60 fps to 50 fps), in finale version, it doesn't matter.

To you, maybe. To some people it certainly does matter.

If drop below 48/50 fps, it will be noticeable. But between 50 and 60 fps, nothing alarming.

It is noticeable, especially on better sets with proper refresh rates.

Variable framerate causes off-sync of screen refresh and it is visible. However, since PD prioritised framerate updates through GT5 updates above everything, we can expext that final game will have good framerate (even without V-sync).

It's noticeable because it drop below 48 fps, simply.

I take an exemple : cockpit view in the GT Academy 2013 demo was horrible because the framerate was approximately 42/44 fps. GT5 II (after updates) also has framerate drops to 50 fps or more and few people noticed.

Anyway. Expect the final version to judge 👍

Last edited:
I have played a lot of GT5. I use 720P mode and barely noticed anything. Not played much of rain gameplay though. Hardly 5% of people notice it. People just think there will be fps problem because the game looks so good. But it may be same if not better than GT5 sepc2.

I have played a lot of GT5. I use 720P mode and barely noticed anything. Not played much of rain gameplay though. Hardly 5% of people notice it. People just think there will be fps problem because the game looks so good. But it may be same if not better than GT5 sepc2.

How big is your display and how far are you from it? It makes a difference.

Froudeybrand
I have a suspision that a GT6 demo and this track / demo may be setup at a booth at the acutal race,

I definitely think so. Surely Turn 10 will have a booth set up for FM5 with Bathurst as well.

drops to 40 fps and lower to 30 fps are, indeed noticable, but not problematic. lower than 30 fps it becomes problematic. it's still smooth higher than 30 fps so no problem. PD are the ones who make the more effort for resolution+frame rate on very low system. in GT5 i rarely saw fps drops on normal roads. it happens with rain, snow or night, but believe me, nothing problematic as it doesn't go lower than 30 fps. Btw, fps drops will be present but justified because of very old system and very high resolution. when i play a game on pc, for example BF4 beta, i saw some frame rate drops when looking at frame rate, going to 40 fps max, but when not looking at fps, i didn't see any fps problems. i can't see why you are so much interested into frame rate drops, as there will be very less with GT6 (of course, they improved it over GT5 which had not so bad frame rates). i hope you don't buy a game only to see some frame rate drops...

from another forum

Ok, after having 2 laps around the mountain in a BMW Z4 GT3, this is what i can tell you, the track is much more narrow then any other interpretation of Bathurst i have ever seen and gives the actual impression you are driving on a country road.

The track is a real drivers track and is very easy to make mistakes, think of it like Spa and Monaco combined into one, this is the most detailed track i think PD have made so far as there is very notable surface changes in the track.

Also if you think Overtakes are going to be easy you will be gladly mistaken, even on conrod the narrowness is like the nordshliefe, you have to trust the driver your overtaking will stay to their side if you plan to make a move there.
Needed more force feedback to judge the car though(the G27 that was there had the lowest feedback setting and they wouldn't let me change it, I did however manage to get all the aids off before they saw me fiddling with it), but when i was able to read it, the BMW felt very composed I can feel its quite balanced.

This Model of Bathurst is very much to a simulator standard I will tell you that now, those that want a challenging track will like this.

People commenting on the track feeling narrow
Honestly it is pretty narrow in real life. Like public roads are, but feels even more so when in car

And here is where someone caught the PD crew scanning (Laser/GPS?) and surveying the track 1.5 years ago. There was a helicopter flying around around as well. Looks narrow here as well

People commenting on the track feeling narrow
Honestly it is pretty narrow in real life. Like public roads are, but feels even more so when in car

I expect that in GT6, it'll feel about as narrow as the full Nurb, but with barriers beside it. I think it'll be a great hotlapping track, great league racing track, but absolute carnage in Open Lobbies..:sly:

I expect that in GT6, it'll feel about as narrow as the full Nurb, but with barriers beside it. I think it'll be a great hotlapping track, great league racing track, but absolute carnage in Open Lobbies..:sly:

:lol: so true.

Doesn't it look a bit too narrow? I remember it being a bit wider and the guardrails weren't as tall as they appear in the video.

Always been narrow. Even more so from 1938-1960's. Check out the old videos when they ran on dust and dirt! :)

Doesn't it look a bit too narrow? I remember it being a bit wider and the guardrails weren't as tall as they appear in the video.

That's a FOV issue, the Nordschleife in GT5 also appears too narrow for a lot of people, but once you put several cars side by side, you notice that it's pretty spot on. The track is narrow as hell compared to most modern tracks, which is one part why it's so much fun.

Oh and I'm surprised how many people here have never driven it in other sims.

Why would any one question the accuracy of a track that has been lazer scanned, it will always be spot on.
Source? There's just something weird about it, sure, it's a narrow track but at some points in that video it looks like it's 1 1/2 cars wide when in real life videos it looks like you could at least fit 3 cars side by side on any of the track's corners.

Last edited:
Back