The Photomode Tournament Discussion Thread: Season 6 (2.0)

Damn! I'm moving houses! :ouch:
Which means I can't enter! :indiff:

Oh well, I'll give themes. :D

I've been wondering when this would come around again. I've never taken part in one before, but I'm thinking I might have a go this time around.

2.0 side for me though. ;)

Pretty sure I was MIA for the first 3 or 4 tournaments so I'm not very familiar with the process. How does the qualifying work?

And is there a rough date for when the 2.0 side will start after the PMC side? Just wondering.

Sweet! I'll definitely be entering this tournament this time with an entry that wasn't previously rejected in a past competition week for not meeting regulations. :sly:

Hmmm, do I use this as an excuse to revisit Photomode for the first time since the last tournament, or stay out of it for fear of losing my crown? :P

Hmmm, do I use this as an excuse to revisit Photomode for the first time since the last tournament, or stay out of it for fear of losing my crown? :P
Says the guy with great photography skills. Enter fool! :sly:👍

Just because you Canadians have stockpiles of maple syrup doesn't mean you need to waffle! :D Do it! :cheers:

GPR
I've been wondering when this would come around again. I've never taken part in one before, but I'm thinking I might have a go this time around.

2.0 side for me though. ;)

Pretty sure I was MIA for the first 3 or 4 tournaments so I'm not very familiar with the process. How does the qualifying work?

And is there a rough date for when the 2.0 side will start after the PMC side? Just wondering.

Right after the PMC side ends. You can enter both this time. ;)

We still have very little themes for this season. I won't be able to put the qualifying today as promised, but keep the themes coming

Spin Me Right 'Round
Take a photo of any car that uses a rotary engine.
Cars: (list to be provided...RX7s, RX8s, Cosmos, 787B, etc.)
Locations: Any track
Phototravel (yes/no): No
Unique Restrictions: Car must be in motion

Prizefighter
Take a photo of any car that uses a boxer engine.
Cars: (list to be provided...Subaru, RUF, 86GT, etc.)
Locations: Any track
Unique Restrictions: Car must be in motion

Hit The Dirt!
Get in your rally car and make a path through the dust!
Cars: Any classic or modern rally car
Locations: Dirt or gravel tracks
Unique Restrictions: As above

The last Update i uploaded to my gallery was amazing IMO Because of the Time i guess,

Theme: Lovely Afternoon
Explanation: Must show a sunset
Cars: Any
Locations: Any with time adjustments
Unique Restrictions: See above

I'll throw some themes into the ring... (Not sure if some of these are way over done in the tournaments.)

Theme: Look to the skies
Description: Take a shot that prominently features a beautiful sky.
Cars: Any or None
Locations: Any with a sky.
Photo Travel: Yes
Unique Restrictions: Must feature a sky.

Theme: An Eye for Detail
Description: Take your best close up shot and capture some detail.
Locations: Any
Unique Restrictions: None

Theme: A Touch of Class
Description: Capture the still beauty of a classy car in a classy shot.
Cars: Classy cars. (Not sure how to define this.)
Unique Restrictions: Car must be stationary.

Theme: Monsters
Description: Take an aggressive looking shot of an angry or mean looking car.
Cars: Any Agressive looking car Race or otherwise.
Photo Travel: No
Unique Restrictions: None

Theme: WWII Dogfight
Description: Capture an intense chase or battle between a German and British car.
Cars: Any German and British cars.
Unique Restrictions: Multicar, Must have a German and British car in the shot.

Theme: Silver Arrow
Description: Take your best Silver Mercedes shot in action.
Cars: Any Mercedes in Silver
Unique Restrictions: Must be moving and silver in colour.

Theme: Tiny Town
Description: Take your best looking miniture style shot.
Unique Restrictions: Must use the miniature filter.

Theme: Eco-centric
Description: Take your best eco friendly looking shot of an electric car.
Unique Restrictions: Must be an electric car.

Theme: Reflex
Description: Take you best shot using a reflex paint.
Unique Restrictions: Must us a Reflex paint colour.

Theme: Night Vision
Description: Show us your best night shot.
Unique Restrictions: Shot must be taken at night. (Not Dusk)

Last edited:
As much as I like to enter again, I think I'll have to pass this one.....the first time. :(

But I will be ready for GT6 again. ;)
I just dont feel motivated to shoot new shots in GT5....after 3500 shots taken. :sly:

Good luck everyone! And lots of fun of course.

As much as I like to enter again, I think I'll have to pass this one.....the first time. :(

But I will be ready for GT6 again. ;)
I just dont feel motivated to shoot new shots in GT5....after 3500 shots taken. :sly:

Good luck everyone! And lots of fun of course.

I have to pass as well :( But only because I'm on vaccation...I will follow the tournament as much as I can during these weeks.

3500 shots, bmxmitch...is that in total or the current amount you have in GT5? Just wondering how many shots people have actually taken...I often export and delete to "clean up" my GT5 photo section.

Looking forward to competing with you in GT6 👍

The Photomode Tournament Season 6 without bmxmitch and zambuca??? what a shame... :(:(

Anyway

More themes

Theme: Horses vs Bulls
Further Explanation: Take any multi-car shot with Ferrari and Lamborghini in Italy courses
Cars: Ferrari and Lamborghini
Phototravel: yes, but only in Italy locations
Unique Restrictions: Multi-car shot with only Ferrari and Lambo

Theme: The color of the Subies
Further Explanation: Take any photo with color "WR Blue Mica"
Cars: Any, Except Subaru
Phototravel: yes
Unique Restrictions: Single and Multi (but you need focus on the car with WR Blue Mica)

Theme: Mine all Mine's
Further explanation: Take any photo with any car of Mine's
Car: Mine's only
Phototravel: yes, but only on japanese locations
Unique Restrictions: Single-car only

Theme: HSV
Further explanation: Take on Honda HSV 010 gt '11 and drive on (any) Suzuka Circuit, (any) Fuji Speedway or Tsukuba Circuit
Car: Honda HSV 010 gt '11
Location: (any) Suzuka Circuit, (any) Fuji Speedway or Tsukuba Circuit
Phototravel: No
Unique Restrictions: Single-car only

May I suggest that the photos of participants in the poll is put in a random manner? An example would be participant A is against participant B in one of the rounds. While the banner above the two images says 'A vs B', the entry of participant B is placed above participant A, or maybe vice versa. The person who sets the poll will choose the layout without anybody knowing. Both participants will not be allowed to vote in the round that they are participating. This can ensure that the person who sets the poll (nicknamealguem in this case) and the two participants are the only persons who know which entry is whose.
If the theme has specific rules for the two participants (such as Boabdulrahman and ZEROX's theme this week), nicknamealguem will send a PM to each of the participants telling which set of rules they'll be following.
Just a thought.

Uh, I thought I'd revive this. When is the 2.0 tourney going to happen because the PMC one was done a while ago now?

Seems like it's been forgotten about.

Hi everyone, I would like to see us get the 2.0 Tournament in before the arrival of GT6. I've been talking with Nicknamealguem and he is unavailable to host the tournament but is happy for me to take it on. So over the next few days I will attempt to get my head around it and hopefully have a schedule organized for what will be the final GT5 Tournament.
In the meantime as usual any more theme suggestions are more than welcome. :)

Edit: I would like to take this opportunity to thank Nicknamealguem for his awesome contribution to the photomode community in hosting the tournaments over the years. Cheers Luis for all your time and efforts in making the tournaments the most prestigious event on the photomode calendar. :bowdown:

Last edited:
Theme:Black Background
Explanation:Photos at black which the car will be the only visible
Cars:Any
Locations:Any
Unique Restritions:The background must be pure black

Hi everyone, I would like to see us get the 2.0 Tournament in before the arrival of GT6. I've been talking with Nicknamealguem and he is unavailable to host the tournament but is happy for me to take it on. So over the next few days I will attempt to get my head around it and hopefully have a schedule organized for what will be the final GT5 Tournament.
In the meantime as usual any more theme suggestions are more than welcome. :)

Edit: I would like to take this opportunity to thank Nicknamealguem for his awesome contribution to the photomode community in hosting the tournaments over the years. Cheers Luis for all your time and efforts in making the tournaments the most prestigious event on the photomode calendar. :bowdown:

Great news! :cheers: It's always nice to have these tournaments to see our great "photomoders's" best work.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Nicknamealguem for his awesome contribution to the photomode community in hosting the tournaments over the years. Cheers Luis for all your time and efforts in making the tournaments the most prestigious event on the photomode calendar. :bowdown:

Indeed a big thanks to Luis 👍 but also to you Nathan for the great work you do in this forum - as a contributor and a host :cheers:

Running With the Bulls
Take a picture of a car getting chased down by any Lamborghini. (this can be you driving, or AI)
Unique Restrictions: Must have Lamborghini in the shot. Must show movement.

I'm going to have to run a very tight schedule to fit this in before Dec 6th.
We'll be looking at 4 days to get entries in and 2 day polls with the qualifying round and poll a little longer. But if everyone is aware of the times it shouldn't be an issue.

Tentative dates are as follows:

Qualifying Round; 25 - 31 Oct
Qualifying Poll; 01 - 03 Nov
Round One; 04 - 08 Nov
Round One Poll; 09 - 11 Nov
Round Two; 12 - 16 Nov
Round Two Poll; 17 - 19 Nov
Semi Final; 20 - 24 Nov
Semi Final Poll; 25 - 27 Nov
Final Round; 28 - 02 Dec
Final Round Poll; 03 - 05 Dec
Gran Turismo 6; 06 Dec :)

Well that looks to be all good, tight-ish but it works pretty well with timing before gt6's launch. :)

Been waiting for this and thought it wasn't going to happen. Thanks to you Nato for taking this on. :cheers:

Will be my first tourney ever. :D Hopefully I won't bomb. :nervous:

It will be great to have you along for the ride this time George. 👍
Everything's coming together - I've been busy working away on the banners and we are looking good to kick off the Qualifying Round on Friday morning my time so sometime Thursday evening GMT. :)

If a new Tournament comes along I will have to be so careful not to drop out in the quali round like in the last season... :lol:

Whoa, whoa, whoa, so it starts in a couple days? Maaan I gotta be quick.:nervous:
In any case, thanks for taking the host's spot, Nato, and for being the host for so long before, Nicknamealguem.👍

I am going to start the Tournament Qualifier thread in a few hours (slightly ahead of schedule) which will give everyone an extra day to start working on their qualifying entries.
Good luck everyone and have fun. :)

will the qualifier have a theme? I assume we can entry with a shot we already have :P

Back