GT4P vs REAL VIDEO by UDDE

• Thread starter Udde
  • 42 comments
Hi,

GT4P vs REALITY by me :P The game's simulation is awesome :eek: Tired of those who always are saying that GT4 hasn't sense of speed at all? Link to my video XD It's just the REAL one :)

"RX-8 Type S Tsukuba GT4 VS RX-8 Type S Tsukuba REAL"

It's incredible how the car's acceleration, top speed, revs, km/h, etc are nearly perfect compared to the real one. I was really surprised, I only wanted to demonstrate to my folks that the sense of speed was correct, but I discovered that the track's detail and the car's performance were really really close to the real ones.

http://usuarios.lycos.es/udde/videos/index.htm

:bowdown: Polyphony :D

That video is excellent, , Udde , did u make it?

If u did, then :bowdown: 👍 to your hard work.

The beautiful thing is that everthing looks almost spot on, the revlimit, the cornering and the preicision of time and speed.

Thanks for the video, very interesting. Really shows how perfected everything is, even the signage.
Are you sure that is a stock RX-8 Type S?

Colin McRae Rally 04 is available at Gamespot as well. It's rockin' so far. I'm definitely picking up for PC in March.

Excellent video! It looked like GT4's track width was slightly wider than the real track. Is it just me or did anyone else notice it too?

Originally posted by LoudMusic
Holy crap - that's AWESOME! It looked like the GT4 car was consistantly 10km/h slower than the real one though.

That could be due to the tires or the driving though :D How did you race this Udde? What tires did you use and what assists? I've just started a project where I'm going to run all the cars in GT4P on Tsukuba and Fuji, so I can group them into performance categories ... :D I'm running everything without assists and with Street tires. The guy in the video is running a better line than you are so from the looks of it the car in GT4 is faster - but you're using at least TCS and maybe 'normal' tires? Performance could be closer if you'd use sports or street tires.

Anyway, great job. Tricky thing to drive around the track exactly like that guy. I'll give it a shot sounds like a fun challenge. :D The appearance of the track being wider is imo largely due to the position of the camera. In GT4 it is placed approx where the head of the driver is in the real life vid.

Thanks to all of you guys XD I will try to answer with my poor english :banghead: :D

Yeah, it's me who is driving, and I made the video too ;)

I was not going to the limit :P and I think he wasn't too. The tires were Normal (the worst tire, but also maybe the choice for top players XD, the road will feel more realistic than the other two)

I was a bit slower than him but I was not going full throttle. Indeed, I have all the license test in gold, so I can go faster than that :D

Originally posted by Buggy Boy
Well done.

GT seems perfectly comparable with reality ... as long as the GT4 car stays on the road and hits nothing.

wwell you can touch an opponent without actually denting his car and cause him to spin in real life too :lol:

Originally posted by Satorian
Can somebody upload it somewhere else? The page seems to be dead/deleted.
I'm getting the same thing. Any luck relocating the video by any chance Udde? Or maybe daily download capacity exceeded?

Or maybe daily download capacity exceeded

Yep :( sorry for that, I can't do anything. If anyone knows any better server I will copy it.

Btw, it should work again right now.

The video is getting a little famous XDDD

Back