GT4 @ AGS Hong Kong

• Thread starter sinner
  • 484 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
SaintKamus
and just what are SUV's made for? ;-)

lets see, they can't carry as much stuff as a truck, they are more prone to accidents than any car, they consume far more gas than a car, they're expensive, and sometimes even bigger than "normal" suv's (the H2 for example). the only thing i can see this thing is good for is maybe the advvantage of being able to carry 7 people while towing something... but that's about it.

Does it count as an accident if your suv comes away unscathed? :)
ps, major props to sinner for doing some serious recon.
pps, I called prima games trying to figure out the difference between the 2 guides ($20 guide 352 pages; and $35 book, 175 pages) they are publishing. Should hear back from them soon, does anyone know anything about these guides? They're both paperback, so what gives? Why the difference in the price?
--> I know this is not the topic for this thread, but i tried posting about the guides in "the japanese bible thread" but no one said anything...

Sinner
If I remember correctly, I THINK there were two variations of the Circuit De La Sarthe... as for the DeLorean... its the classic one... Back To The Future..

*doing the happy dance.... doing the happy dance.....* :D

T5-R
Yay the old DeLorean :D

/Looks up at the large die-cast model of one above his computer with its brushed stainless steel effect body which has collected twice as much dust as the other model cars.

Hey, I got one of those.. hehe. Sitting on top of my entertainment center. :)

Bocha
I just hope Clio Williams was in.
One of the two new GT4 models looks as if it is a street FF version.
It does not indicate which real life model it is emmulating.

Cheers,

MasterGT

MasterGT
One of the two new GT4 models looks as if it is a street FF version.
It does not indicate which real life model it is emmulating.

Cheers,

MasterGT

Its too new to be a Clio Williams. I think thats the new 2.0 litre 16v in the garage list.
Anyone know what the difference is between the 3 different V6s in that screen.

P.S
I used to own a 1.8 16valve tuned to 148 hp, damn it was fast, but the torque steer sucked, and was uncomfortable to drive.

I'm a bit confused by the list of the 4 Renault Lucetias (Clios).

We have a 2002 Clio Renault Sport 2.0 16V, which is this car:
top_gray_ph2.jpg

We also have a 2003 Clio Renault Sport V6 Phase II, which is this car:
top_v6_ph2.jpg

This appears to be the 2001 Clio Renault Sport V6 24V:
top_v6_ph1.jpg

As for the 2000 Clio Renault Sport V6 24V, I have no clue...

The359

top_gray_ph2.jpg

top_v6_ph2.jpg

top_v6_ph1.jpg

Most probably the Clio V6 race car

It looks as if they added two newer models, one is an '03 Phase II (also known as a Mark II) which has the split grill slits, with the badge inbetween. Since it is a V6, it will be the MR sport model, with (presumably) the better handling of later models.

The '02 2.0L could be just about any other Clio, all FF, so we need to learn more about this one.

Both earlier models, in GT3, have the single grill slit, so shown here.

ClioV6Mark1.jpg

Cheers,

MasterGT

The359

top_gray_ph2.jpg
The 2004 Clios have that ridge around the front facia.

If you need more help identifying Clios, give me a ding, since I have just about every picture of them found on the web.

Cheers,

MasterGT

The359

top_gray_ph2.jpg

top_v6_ph2.jpg

top_v6_ph1.jpg

You're right, those Clios are in, but i want this
will93.jpg

So it looks like the world's ultimate proving ground will be in GT4. I'm impresed as hell. I know I keep saying this, but PD must be looking to GTPlanet for ideas for GT4. Whatever the case, a toast to PD: :cheers: Drink up, boys and girls!

Now to go off of rumors and past posts, I'm going to go back to something someone posted. With the inclusion of both Le Mans and Nurgurgring Nordschliefe and with our past discussions on day cycles, I want to go back to one of the few threads started by McLaren'sAngel. Lady McLaren came up with a GT4 thread on the possibilities of not only Le Mans in GT4, but even the chances of time cycles. I don't know what threads I recommend you searching about, but do you think we'll see the following:

(Le Mans or Nur. Nords) + (time cycles) = in GT4?

Sinner, let's talk.

1. What did you think was the biggest bombshell at the AGS Hong Kong?
2. What did you think could have been better about GT4 (if any)?
3. Which car are you most looking forward to racing? track? racing mode?

Been good reading up here.

JohnBM01
1. What did you think was the biggest bombshell at the AGS Hong Kong?

Completely off topic, but it has to be the pervert who got caught taking upskirt pics!! LOL. I can post pics and videos from the incident but I don't want this thread getting way off topic :)

A little too premature for me to comment on the pros and cons of the game simply because of my limited time on it... having said that I did get to see a few things that were surprising... F1, backfire, the quality of the photomode, improved graphics of older tracks, etc... I also wanted to hear different blowoff valve sounds (I'm a sucker for liittle details like that)... but it was too loud in there for me to hear stuff like that... most looking forward to... F1, Leno's tankrod and about 600 others...

Hi there,

Finally, I got my account activated. It is nice to know that my pics got forwarded here. And here are some other pics regarding Australian and RUF cars. Hope you guys like them.

Alzard

Attachments

• DSC_0874.jpg
    DSC_0874.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 318
  • DSC_0885.jpg
    DSC_0885.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 293
  • DSC_0888.jpg
    DSC_0888.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 202
  • DSC_0889.jpg
    DSC_0889.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 221
  • DSC_0890.jpg
    DSC_0890.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 598
spooony
Completely off topic, but it has to be the pervert who got caught taking upskirt pics!! LOL. I can post pics and videos from the incident but I don't want this thread getting way off topic :)

haha I wanna see 👍

Alzard
Hi there,

Finally, I got my account activated. It is nice to know that my pics got forwarded here. And here are some other pics regarding Australian and RUF cars. Hope you guys like them.

Alzard
Nice pics. Did you by any chance race the le mans track aka circuit De La Sarthe?

cobragt
So the look of tracks like nyc looked better in the build you played?

I had only tried Trial Mountain and Laguna Seca in AGS. The look and feel of the track is different from those in GT3. The texture of the track side objects are better and detailed. Even the Hong Kong track, it is different from what I had tried in AGS 2003 in terms of the feel on driving (the engines in GT4P and GT4 are different in a large extent).

I'm glad to hear that. Did you by any chance see any new car makers? Currently, about 65 car makers have been revealed and gt4 is said to have 80.

cobragt
I'm glad to hear that. Did you by any chance see any new car makers? Currently, about 65 car makers have been revealed and gt4 is said to have 80.

PD itself can count as one car maker, which I select the formula racer there. There are some Japanese famous car mod company in the line up as well. But I am not sure if they are already in the revealed list.

Hi Alzard,

Did you visit the Belgian, Dutch, Spanish or Swedish car town? And see which manufacturers were represented there?

Buggy Boy
Hi Alzard,

Did you visit the Belgian, Dutch, Spanish or Swedish car town? And see which manufacturers were represented there?

Sorry Buggy Boy, I hadn't browsed thru these countries in the Garage. Since the promotional girl kept asking me to decide when I was browsing in the garage (and take photos, of course).

Alzard
Sorry Buggy Boy, I hadn't browsed thru these countries in the Garage. Since the promotional girl kept asking me to decide when I was browsing in the garage (and take photos, of course).
And probably she wasn't even hurrying you but just looking for attention, hoping that her picture would be published too in this forum, pushing her carreer to unknown heights ... :)

btw : thanks a lot for the new info Alzard, and ... you just confirmed GILLET 👍

Alzard
Hi there,

Alzard

hey man
i havnt talk to u in ages

did u get GT Force Pro for this game?

Hyde
hey man
i havnt talk to u in ages

did u get GT Force Pro for this game?

Yeah, I am planning to get one if the official product *have* warranty. Since some friends of mine got their GTFP damaged after prolonged game play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back