Kazunori Yamauchi hinted that GT5P could become the Full GT5!!

• Thread starter jweaver
  • 48 comments
On Sunday, there were 2x5min videos of an Interview with Kazunori Yamauchi on GamerTV (And the Extra show).. The video can be seen here:

https://www.gtplanet.net/kazunori-yamauchi-shows-off-gt5-prologue/

Unfortuantly, the online video is broken, and stops at 5 mins (Which is the end of the first 1/2 of the interview)....

Last night I was trying to work out how to 'Youtube' the 2nd half (unsuccessfully) and this ment that I watched it again, and noticed that he said something interesting.. I will quote directly from the interview later, but basically he implied that over the coming months, GT5P will slowly turn into GT5 through a series of updates!...

It started to get me thinking that perhaps GT5 won't be released in the typical way.. Perhaps GT5P will be a base platform for a series of updates, which eventually evolves it into the 'full' GT5 game...

Its going to be interesting to see if this was a mis-translation, or whether there was any fact to it.

The other interesting fact was that he confirmed that the main reason for the lack of crash damage is because the manufacturers historically wouldn't allow it.... But MOST have changed their mind now, but they have to work on a few of them, to convince them that damage won't do anything to hurt their image.... They say that they are close and Damage WILL appear soon!

I will try again later to get that video on Youtube.. There MUST be a way to do it with the tools I have!

Jon

@jweaver...hope you will succeed in finding the missing part of that video!!!....am very interested what it will content!!...

wat do u guys think of this constant updates i mean will they cost money or would they be free it could be good and bad
but thanks for the information

better be free, but there going to be huge downloads, what about people with no internet, they miss out.. poor thems.

@jweaver...hope you will succeed in finding the missing part of that video!!!....am very interested what it will content!!...

I have it.. I just can't work out how to capture it.. I have a TV card in my PC, which is connected (via RF) to my Sky+ box and managed to record it into an AVI, but the sound was shocking.

I then tried some different software and had the same problem.

My plan now is to record it onto a DVD-R (using my DVD Recorder) and then concert the 'VOB' into a DIVX so that I can upload it...

I will try again later.. .But for now, I will atleast give you a quote to exactly what he said.. Watch this space!

Jon

I think new tracks and car packs might be charged, but general updates (to polish the games features / online etc wont be charged). Speculating, obviously.. Then you never know..

I wouldn't be surprised if PD released update "packs" with a few tracks and cars in them, available for download for a smallish fee. I don't think they'll release a lot of tracks or cars free of charge though.

Just look at the changes from JPN Prologue to the new "Spec II" release... who knows what Spec III and beyond may have in store in terms of features and possibly tracks/cars. I'm not worried in the least that we won't have enough content to get us from today to the actual release of GT5, but I do think there will be an actual full GT5 release. Prologue itself will likely continue to evolve until that date.

Yeah, there will definately be a normal "go out and buy" GT5, if not then that would show PD are ignorant to their non online users..who cant get the updates. It is certainly interesting though, but in total cant cst more than about £30..

Yeah, there will definately be a normal "go out and buy" GT5, if not then that would show PD are ignorant to their non online users..who cant get the updates. It is certainly interesting though, but in total cant cst more than about £30..

But what I am thinking is that GT5P could have regular updates until it evolves into GT5.. At this point, everyone who bought GT5P now have the 'full' GT5 (whether they have had to pay for the updates is unknown).. At the same time GT5 would be release as a full game and people who didn't buy GT5P could simply buy it at this point.

I am not saying for a second that this WILL happen.. My theory is based on what was said in the Interview!

Jon

It started to get me thinking that perhaps GT5 won't be released in the typical way.. Perhaps GT5P will be a base platform for a series of updates, which eventually evolves it into the 'full' GT5 game...
I think this is definitely the shape of things to come, not just for the GT series, but for next-gen games in general. The possibilities are quite exciting! The fact that it is now more than possible to do it means that our traditional concept of what a game is will change radically. Perhaps rather than buying a 'game' you'll be able to 'subscribe' to a game franchise and receive the updates as a license holder?

They are probably releasing a few updates to Prologue, but it will never be as big as real Gran Turismo 5.

Also, do you think they want to miss out on that money?

There would be nothing stopping them from having both free updates and premium updates...

There are also chances of initially having updates for a fee and then over a period of time, making them free (ala most of the map packs and stuff on the 360 games, like halo's heroic map pack is now free of charge *earlier it was for 800MSP*).

I actually thought the same thing yesterday; there is no reason why they couldn't offer downloadable content (not free ofcourse), which would eventually evolve into a full game (which even though may cost more in total, fans would be willing to pay to get upgrades, at least me anyway...)

Having said that, there may be an issue with storage. If Prologue is about 2gb, final version would be a lot larger with all the updates, so people might run out of space from the HDD.

This would be the same concept as Gran Turismo HD. You buy a base packet then you would buy cars, tracks etc. Probably like MotorStorm and did we like that? No, we wanted a real Gran Turismo, a full game from scratch.

PD have stated in previous video interviews that GT5P would evolve over time with various game updates. They also claimed that dynamic weather and vehicle damage were on their 'roadmap' for Prologue. I'm sure I could find the video on youtube somewhere. It was quite long I think - around 20 to 30 minutes.

I also remember an interview with Takau Imasaki where he stated that they did not want any 'paid' downloadable content with GT5 Prologue (unless it was linked with some sort of marketing program - in conjunction with a vehicle manufacturer for example.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1atih1ai-Kw

Prologue if more of a test bed to hone their online skills more than anything else. Make no mistake - there will be a full version of GT5 - and it'll be HUGE. :)

Hmm I don't think PD know themselves yet, could be various ways of doing it but expect there to be a couple of updates and packs for GT5p over the next 6 months private lobbys and chat being the first, then I expect there to be a number of cars and maybe a few tracks. Expect some ongoing improvements to online play as well. personaly holding the whole GT5 on your HDD is going a bit to far but there could be 2 versions of the final release, 1 being the full GT5 disc and the other an upgrade disc to fill the gaps in GT5p takeing it up to full spec, at a reduced price of course. That personaly would make the most economic sense and keep the early adopters of GT5p happy along with ensureing people gave PD money for there product.....that is after all the aim, oh I'm getting cynical in my old age LOL

I hope this doesn't happen because I have a JPN prologue and want to get a EU version for the full game (like I did with GT4).

Robin

I want to see Part2 of that interview!:)👍

Its on the way :)

I have captured it.. Converted it to DIVX and am just uploading it to Youtube.. Never done it before and I don't undestand how they can afford to host an 80M file.. But its uploading..

I have to say that whilst watching it again, I am not so sure now that GT5P turning into a FULL GT5 is what he is saying.. But it certainly implies that we are going to get more updates than just the online changes which have already been rumored.

What you do need to see in this video is the 30 seconds of F1 footage.. The F1 racing amoungst 'normal' cars is unreal.. Clearly the F1 would win any race.. But what would be nice is to have some kind of 'mode' which utilizes the F1 (perhaps the F1 has to do twice the number of laps)

As soon as its done I will provide the link.... Watch this space...

Jon

Fixed the youtube vid for you jweaver... click edit to see how you do it... you only need the code of the vid within the youtube tags 👍

Thank you for the video. Kazunori said we'll get Gran Turismo not one piece, but gradually and also online elements, I wonder what he meant by getting it gradually? Was it just about Prologue being a little part, or? :confused:

Back