Lotus Elise 111R 700pp setup

• Thread starter soprano83
  • 19 comments
Soprano83
Lotus 111R is by far the daddy, use this to cream the opposition on the S7 and S10 tracks

Power - +34
Weight - 86%
Aero - F 20 - R 35
Ride Height - F -12 - R -10
Spring Rate - 5,8
Damper 6,6
Toe Out/In -0.06 & +0.06
Camber 2.5 2.8
Brake Balance 6 4
Max Turning 32
TCS Off
ASM Off
ABS 2
Final Gear 3.999

If you want a nice stable ride try this:

Power 307 +24
Weight 586 85
Aerodynamics 20 / 35
Ride Height 0 / 0
Spring Rate 3 / 3
Damper 5 / 5
Toe -0.50 /+0.50
Camber 2.5 /1.5
Brake balance 5 / 5
Turning angle 30
Traction Control 2
ABS 1

6th Gear to 0.800 and Final to 3.999.

nige

soprano83 thats brilliant mate although I've changed the 6th gear to 806 to gain the last couple of miles on the straight. Before this I thought gold was impossible on S7 :D

Cons

Lotus 111R is by far the daddy, use this to cream the opposition on the S7 and S10 tracks

Power - +34
Weight - 86%
Aero - F 20 - R 35
Ride Height - F -12 - R -10
Spring Rate - 5,8
Damper 6,6
Toe Out/In -0.06 & +0.06
Camber 2.5 2.8
Brake Balance 6 4
Max Turning 32
TCS Off
ASM Off
ABS 2
Final Gear 3.999

Nice setup, works very well for the 650points too.
I get less oversteer compared to my setup but I found your setup a little less forgiving (it snaps if you go beyond the grip limit). But overall this is a very good setup.

Nice setup, works very well for the 650points too.
I get less oversteer compared to my setup but I found your setup a little less forgiving (it snaps if you go beyond the grip limit). But overall this is a very good setup.

Turning on the TCS to just 1 will make the car more stable, but slows it a little. Changed the 6th gear with remarkable effect as well, glad I posted!

Not sure if Soprano's settings work post-patch, but if they do they're definitely the ones to go for. 1st into the final corner, only missed out by .138 because the GT threw me a dummy and I couldn't block.

Yup definitely best for S7, beat it by a good 6.8 seconds at last

Hey guys, are you talking about the TUNED version? Or one from Lotus dealer.
I just got the Tuned version. I started the S1 race. What is the best setup for that? I also am using standard physics with wheel, I just wanna fly through S class as fast as possible.

Hey guys, are you talking about the TUNED version? Or one from Lotus dealer.
I just got the Tuned version. I started the S1 race. What is the best setup for that? I also am using standard physics with wheel, I just wanna fly through S class as fast as possible.

Sounds like you are in the same situation as me, you have loads of credit but can't buy the F1 because you haven't finished the S class :-)
I did the same, as soon as I completed C B and A, I went straight online and didn't bother with S. But I want to buy the F1 now...
I think the evo X tuned is better for the S class. You don't need to concentrate as much as there is no oversteer. I cleared a few events with it (can't remember which one). Will try to complete it this weekend.

Sounds like you are in the same situation as me, you have loads of credit but can't buy the F1 because you haven't finished the S class :-)
I did the same, as soon as I completed C B and A, I went straight online and didn't bother with S. But I want to buy the F1 now...
I think the evo X tuned is better for the S class. You don't need to concentrate as much as there is no oversteer. I cleared a few events with it (can't remember which one). Will try to complete it this weekend.

Thanks for heads up. Well I am broke. I love to buy cars and not to sell the. I want to buy every car there is in the game..
But Right now I'm broke, since i bought that 100k Tuned Lotus. And a lot of overseer with even Standard mode physics in that lotus. A, B and C I pass all of them in Pro Physics, but I think S class is bit too much for me, so I stick with standard to fly by it.

Once I get home, I'll go online to earn some money for that Tuned version of EVO X

By the way, I think I'll download a saved data with S missions passed, don't matter if all gold or bronze. I just wanna get over it lol.

I think its funny that when I put those settings on my 111R its a performance point 760....

I also am using standard physics with wheel, I just wanna fly through S class as fast as possible.
Ok, I wanted to clear up S class so I could buy the F1 (the online event pays well so I have all the cars but can't buy the F1).
I cleared it up this morning in 1h30min, mostly with the GT-R in standard physic (I hate saying that really, because it's soo arcade). I used the 111R for the last event in Susuka. If you are not seeking for Gold, it can be cleared up pretty quick.
Will try them in professional mode when I will be bored with the online mode!

Any help appreciated, but I'm having a hell of a hard time on S7. Using 111R Tuned with Soprano's setup. The car is just too slow, maybe i'm doing something wrong? I can barely get up to the 15th place car, and then everyone zooms by me on the straights.

I did change power/weight, maybe i have it wrong still? What is a good ratio, for s7.

The Lotus isn't nearly as strong post patch as it was before. The strength of the Lotus is it's high cornering speeds rather than speed down the straights. I tried soprano83's settings, adjusted for power and weight, and experienced too much oversteer to be able to exploit the esses. Additional tuning is likely necessary. This car is topping the time trial charts at Suzuka, so it has the ability to get there.

Or try another strong car (like the Ford GT LM Spec II).

hi, i am fairly new to all of this so please forgive the ignorance, but i have been playing gt5 for 2 months now, and cannot for the life of me finish S7, S10 and the S race fo rF40 (S5??)...

Anyway, when i came onto the forum, i looked up all the spec for the tuned lotus 111R and tried to input that, but of course i can't get the power max and the weight min because it takes me up to 777 points...

checked that out and found the thread about spec II update, after which the settings don't allow you to have max power and min weight (ii understand spec II properly) so now i am stuck with a lotus that corners fine, but has ZERO pace...what in the hell can i do??? please someone tell me something i can use, because otherwise the PS3 is at serious risk of going out of the window...

thanks!

Apologies for the double post. I posted this on the other 111R thread but then I saw this one specific to the 700PP races.

Here is my Concept by GT 111R Tuned setup that I use for easy gold in both S7 and S10. If I make few mistakes and no penalties I'm in the lead by lap 4. Assuming I pick the right starting lineup... :sly:

These settings are pre-update 700PP.

This setup suits my driving style well. I drive this car with standard physics because I drive GT5P to have fun and this car is not fun (to me) in professional mode. My best laps so far are 1.40 at Fuji and 2.01 at Suzuka.

I use the same setup for the 680PP races with adjustments to power.

Power +35
Weight 85%
Aero 15 35
Height -10 -10
Springs 7 5
Dampers 6 4
Toe +0.02 +0.05 (this sacrifices a bit of turn-in for better mid-corner grip)
Camber 2.3 1.8
Brakes 9 3 (if I use more rear brake the rear gets too loose on braking)
Max Turning 40
Traction 1
ABS 2

Gears
1 2.689 52mph (unimportant since the car never sees first gear)
2 1.822 77mph
3 1.406 100mph
4 1.013 127mph
5 0.903 155mph
6 0.754 198mph
Final 4.486

I do sometimes hit the rev limiter at the end of the straight when drafting, so if that bothers you then bump up 6th gear a couple of mph.

A couple of points of advice...

The 111R has to be steered with the throttle as much as the wheel. I drive with no shoes on so I have better throttle feel. I have no advice for those who drive with the paddle since I never have.

Give the Morrison Vettes plenty of room. They will slide off the road and then smash into you when they come back on. You will get the penalty(s). In fact any car that slides off may do that so you may have to slow down slightly so they shoot across the track in front of you instead of knocking you into the wall.

Don't be in front of the GT LM cars at the end of the straights. They will punt you off. You will get the penalty(s). If a GT LM is behind you pull off line to the inside so it will go by you when it overshoots the corner. Just rember to brake a few feet earlier since you won't be on line going into the corner.

Outbraking going into the chicane is a great way to pass but be careful. The chicane is a penalty trap.

If you're not drafting another car on the straight and there is a car close behind you pull off line so they can't draft you. The other cars are faster on the straights as it is. Don't give them any help.

Bumping the AI cars off line to get by them is OK as long as you don't hit them hard or bump them off the track. I don't advocate doing this to human drivers.

Last edited:
Back