• 49 comments
Hereward
Herewward
Recreating this......
800px-Lamborghini_Polizia.JPG

f2-1.jpg

f1-1.jpg

f3-1.jpg

Work in progress and I'll get some better pics when I'm done, did however find that 50 layers per side is your max....this could prove interesting LOL

Recreating this......
800px-Lamborghini_Polizia.JPG

f2-1.jpg

f1-1.jpg

f3-1.jpg

Work in progress and I'll get some better pics when I'm done, did however find that 50 layers per side is your max....this could prove interesting LOL

Keep us updated 👍 It looks really sweet already!

Hey Hereward, how did you make dual coloured text?? Took me ages to figure out how fafat did his own stripes on the Martini car. Good job. i'm going to make some Ferrari teams when i get time.

Hey Hereward, how did you make dual coloured text?? Took me ages to figure out how fafat did his own stripes on the Martini car. Good job. i'm going to make some Ferrari teams when i get time.

You can find tutorials of how to make things with livery editor on numeruos forums and youtube movies regarding Forza 2. Since FC:TP uses almost the same editor, all "knowledge" can be obtained from there. And be ready to see some truly amaaaazing work there.

the livery editor is nice but the text option is not good at all, only one font and this tool os not accurate. I've managed to do some livery but they are not as good as i want.

I've tried to go online with my cars last nigth but there was nobody waiting for players, and nobody joined the races i've created...

f_taisan3m_f49328d.jpg

f_gulf1m_1b6443b.jpg

f_gulf2m_8106e6a.jpg

f_jmb1m_dabc258.jpg

f_jmb2m_20ab1ca.jpg

Nice work, fafat.

Here's my first effort, lol:

dnlr3t.jpg

Union Jack Zippy!

It takes too long to make stuff in this editor, the colour pallete is limited and the workable layers are not that good. I hope they upgrade it so it's user friendly.. I'd like a pencil tool and a grid creation area.

Editor is time consuming but worth the effort, some nice looking schemes guys, nearly did the gulf one myself as a dig at the GT40, text moding is easy, just layers if you want to change the font you can play with the advanced scaleing and also the skew options, the Polizia text is actualy 32 layers for the split colour! Quick tip though if you click R3 then use that stick you can zoom in and out to make doing detailed stuff easier! then link all the layers of your logo with L3 and then copy then paste to where ever, you can also resize ect the whole linked logo as if it where 1 vinyl, take note there are some issues with BIG logos and scaling when resizing also there is actualy more than 50 layers per side. The Polizia car is now finished with a few racing flourishes and the obligitory GTP number plates LOL

fe3.jpg

fe2.jpg

fe1.jpg

Rushed it in the end just trying stuff, waiting till I get my F40 and some classics on DLC to go to town on LOLmight give the 348 a burning union jack motif though, nothing like national pride eh LOL

Finished another one

2rwba53.jpg

Do you think it's possible to get Forza 2 quality custom liveries in Ferrari Challenge? In some of those they have real people on the cars :embarrassed:

i don't think this is possible because in forza2 you have gradien tools and a lot more shapes to create your liveries.

How do you make the Gulf logo? i cant seem to get the orange for the circle part of it:(. Can anyone help me?
I've played with 2 shapes and different color and size :
1st : black circle
2nd : black stretched round corner square
3dr : smaller white circle
4th : smaller white stretched round corner square
5th : even smaller orange circle
6th : even smaller white stretched round corner square
then i've wrote GUIF because the L is not like the one in the GULF logo.

I've moved all the livery related posts out of the main thread to allow them to be shown off and discussed more easily.

So show them off here and discuss hints and tips on getting the most out of the system.

Regards

Scaff

I've decided that every race car i have have to wear a real race/brand livery such as the Gulf, Martini or JMB Racing.
I've done a BASF livery for my 348 Challenge, based on the BASF M1 Procar, and a Falken livery for my 575 GTC. The bad thing is that we can't have more than 50 layers for each aera, so i couldn't do what i've planed...
f_basf1m_c73b499.jpg

f_basf2m_6265ca7.jpg

f_falken1m_058dd97.jpg

f_falken2m_3ce9514.jpg

I came accross that 50 layer limit as well, but only if I was copying and pasting linged logos, just adding normal layers saw me go past 50 with no problem. Could be an idea to do the complex stuff first then the easy stuff last?

l_78d08fd7f7a0969bbd9dd348b1891093.jpg

Some features I think! is still missing in the vinylshop Like:

Using your own Logo's..

Basecolor = More choices of Body parts. Included "Wing"

A few places, misses a undo and cancel feature.

To be able to write a Textline and Place it and edit it afterwards.

To be able to write on the Grids front and back.

To be able to choose the Color of windows (shades and gradients)

To be able to Save Car skin, to transport to Team members account..

Wouldn't mind some wheel options..

Allot more Known Sponsor Logos to work with..

Notits the back of Our car = "We support Clean Racing".. ;) Just a little Wink!!
l_343fa72ab5a76d7dae4b423fc5e948b0.jpg

Dream Extreme..

Flagmo-T

That is some really nice paint jobs you guys are doing :)

I wish i has this kind of talent, i tryed to mess a litle with the livery editor, but eather i dont have the patience for it or just lacks the talent.

So far my favorite's are ( In no particular order )

Gulf, Polizia, and Team Mof.

Very nice, so keep them coming guys 👍

Some nice liveries.
Hope we get a livery editor as a present for Christmas in GT5P.
That would be the best Christmas ever!

But livery editor alone is not enough for me to buy this game, as i don't like Ferraris :)

Those are excellent :)

I'm having another go, post patch:

ehxcoh.jpg

:yuck

Please, for the love of god give this livery editor:

A) A pixel pen to easily draw out your designs, brand logos, text fonts etc. You cannot do any fine detaill work with the available layers because they'are too thick at their smallest size.

B) A free camera. You're forced to use the roof of the car to do all your work, and then move it, this ruins your work as the design changes shape and the scale tool doesn't work all the time. I want to be able to zoom to the spot where the design is on the real cars.

C) A vinyl/skin importer. Allow us to use a PC image editor to make our designs. I've read Microsoft are doing this with Forza 3, beat them to the punch, lol.

Memory stick:

Showroom > select car > export car skin > edit your design to fit within the maximum size allowed on the PC > import car skin > done and dusted.

Those are excellent :)
B) A free camera. You're forced to use the roof of the car to do all your work, and then move it, this ruins your work as the design changes shape and the scale tool doesn't work all the time. I want to be able to zoom to the spot where the design is on the real cars.

You may already know but...
There is a Zoom feature thou its not that great you can still zoom:
Press R3 then up and down with the Right Analog-stick to zoom-in zoom-out.
Press R3 again to turn off the Zoom and go back to the free rotation view.

And this zoom feature works everywhere you see the car.

Last edited:
Back