GTP socom confrontation clan?

• Thread starter bevo
  • 38 comments

bevo

Premium
GTP_bevofrancis
bevo francis
Is anyone going to start a socom clan for GTP members? I know this is a racing site, but I think the more games we get GTP associated with the better. If anyone has any plans to do so, put them in this thread.
I don't know if it's necessary to get permission from GTP to do this or not, but if it is, I guess I'm asking for permission also.
The beta starts the 5th of september, so we could start putting something together then.

And by the way I'm in north america. I don't know if the game will be locked to north America or not.

I searched and couldn't find a thread on this, so I hope I'm not digging up an old subject.

I would really like to get the approval of an admin for this, so I can use the GTP clan tag without offending or upsetting any of the GTP brass.
If I get an ok from GTP, let me know if you have pre ordered socom and will be playing the beta.
If GTP would rather me not use the tag GTP then I will use something else for our clan name and tag.
I really don't want to be the one who is the clan leader, because I don't really have the time to put into the game that I use to. But I will be if no one else is up to it. Either way, i would like to play some socom with other GTP members and a GTP clan is the perfect way to go.

Last edited:
Is anyone going to start a socom clan for GTP members? I know this is a racing site, but I think the more games we get GTP associated with the better. If anyone has any plans to do so, put them in this thread.
I don't know if it's necessary to get permission from GTP to do this or not, but if it is, I guess I'm asking for permission also.
The beta starts the 5th of september, so we could start putting something together then.

And by the way I'm in north america. I don't know if the game will be locked to north America or not.

I searched and couldn't find a thread on this, so I hope I'm not digging up an old subject.

👍 I am up for it. Good Idea.
Game suppose to offer really great clan matching systems and options.
I think It will not be region locked for clan members :) so we are set!
I never play a SOCOM game before, I hear it is very competitive. But I play a heck load of other PC sim and arcade shooters. So I am a decent player that can learn fast with new 3rd person shooter that has sim aspects!
Every GTP SOCOM member should work as a team and have a MIC! Without a mic it is only chaos and loses.

Count me in. I've played all Socom games online and have been in some dedicated clans in my time.

So who will be a sniper, machine gunner, Special OPS? *haha sorry I do not know the Classes in the game* But Since we want to be a good CLAN we need at least one of each, because we do not want all of us to be a sniper! ;)

I will gladly take part, but due to classes and whatnot I probably won't have time to be the leader. I have it preordered and will take part in the beta, but I won't have a working mic until the actual game comes out.

Whenever the beta is released, I will start sending the invites to your GTP psn names, if you have one. If you haven't gotten a GTP psn username I will still send one to you. If any of you have pre ordered the game and do not already have 2 people to send the beta codes to, it would be nice if we could arrange a way to send them to 2 people in this thread, that have not pre ordered the game. So try and let us know if you are already going to receive a beta code, or if you will need one from someone in this thread.

I haven't pre-ordered it yet, I was going to do that in a few days, but I am still totally down for a clan. And btw I am pretty much in love with sniping in most shooter type games.

In all the socom games, I was pretty much the sniper of my clan. I could run around with my assault rifle of choice and do great as well.

You can now start making clans on the socom beta, so I am sending out invites today.
I have to add you as my psn friend before I can send the clan invites.
So everyone on here will receive a friend invite from me.

Last edited:
I actually like the gameplay, lots of people complain but lots also like it. It is alot more like SOCOM 1 & 2 (To me), graphics are pretty good too, the map looks really gritty and beaten up like a warzone and are pretty smooth. Its really realistic, a few bullets go a long way to killing someone and I like the feel of the guns recoil and everything. Sniping is a little more difficult than say SOCOM 3 though.

I also like the audio, when your looking for opponents you can hear shots being fired in the background and those are done pretty well. There are a few problems, mostly lag and loading issues which are pretty bad, they could also use a few tweaks in the lobby. When looking for a game, if you try to join a game that is already in session, you go into the game menu and wait for a bit to start then sit at a loading screen for endless amounts of time. So entering into a match and getting a match to restart after the last session has ended is a pain in the butt.

So the gameplay is kinda hit or miss, some people like it, some don't but there is still plenty of time to fix the glitches and servers.

I have pre ordered the game but didn't get a beta code(will check with them on Sunday)I'm in a clan in #3 but it is unknown if we will get together in this new one.I do have 2 psn ID's so if my old clan gets together I could join a second clan under my 2nd ID.My GTP name is my second ID.:)

Last edited:
We already kinda have the clan setup, Bevo set it up. There are a few of us in there, maybe 5, but we haven't really done much.

Benvo, I was wondering why you changed the clan tag from GTP to OV? also the name of the clan is Organized Violence, why not make it GTP also? Just saying since we are a 'GTP' clan.

We already kinda have the clan setup, Bevo set it up. There are a few of us in there, maybe 5, but we haven't really done much.

Benvo, I was wondering why you changed the clan tag from GTP to OV? also the name of the clan is Organized Violence, why not make it GTP also? Just saying since we are a 'GTP' clan.

I was wanting to make it GTP, but I didn't want to use the GTP name without any of the Admins ok on it. I know that sounds kinda stupid, but I didn't want to get on here one day and see that I had gotten banned or other people banned for using the GTP tag without approval. I'll message one of the moderators and see what they say.
Also, I would like to get together and play with the guys in the clan, but it's hard to do right now because of the game invites not working, and the loading times. Once they get some more of the bugs out, we will definitely start playing some major socom.

That makes sense, I am sure they'd be fine with it but go over it with them to make sure I guess. I also imagine that once the full game comes out or the beta gets an update for the invites we will get some good online SOCOM going.

Well, I got an invitation by the 101stscreamingeagles. They have a very solid website and some great members, I'm thinking of joining.

I'll change the name tonight to GTP. I messaged Jordan and he didn't have a problem with it. I won't be doing any websites or anything though. I wouldn't know where to start. If you guys get better clan opportunities don't worry about poor old bevo. Just don't forget me whenever I'm lonely, all by myself, and don't have anyone to play with.

To be honest I thought that there would be a lot more interest in socom on GTP than there is. Hopefully it gains some after the full release comes out.

Theres a clan for socom setup within it's own website for you bevo, just PM me for details......were not all lucky enough to get on the Beta so were just looking in through the window at the moment LOL

I have another PSN account so I would most likely use my current one (CJD) for the GTP clan and if I get invited to a good clan, have it on my other account.

ooo I do. I'm down for some GTP clan action.

I'll send you an invite. Right now friend invites are not working on the socom beta, so it's hard for us to get together. Me and another member tried one night to no avail. Hopefully whenever the full release comes out, we can all get together for some socom action.
Do you have the beta?

Time for a bump. I should have the game by tomorrow night; maybe we could get a few GTP-ers together for a game? What special forces will the GTP clan be?

I'm down to play a couple games with you guys...

I have a clan of my own so I wont be joining up with you guys... maybe we can get some clan wars going on :sly:👍

Back