Wheelstandpro or Fanatec wheel stand??

• Thread starter Raybrig100
  • 250 comments
Raybrig_
At the moment i have a Logitec Driving Force, don`t use it do to space, hassle to set up, stability issues etc.

Which stand would be better? Think they both work out around the same price in the UK.

When GT5 comes out i might upgrade to DFGT or G25/27 if im feeling flush!!

Thanks in advance!

Remy

Both stands look pretty similar in terms of quality and functionality.
I looked at both the Fanatec Stand and Wheel Stand Pro, but would have
been unable to order the Fanatec Stand at the time because their shipments to the U.S. were delayed/back-ordered at the time.

So I wound up ordering the Wheel Stand Pro around a month ago, and have been well-pleased with it thus far. It only took 6 days from the time I ordered until it was shipped here to the U.S. from their headquarters in Poland.

In terms of customer service, I can't recommend the Wheel Stand company highly enough. They gave me a tracking number so I could follow the stand's progress on its way here. When it arrived, U.S. customs had rummaged through it, and I noticed the wing nut that attaches the G25 pedals to the base of the stand was missing. I e-mailed the Wheel Stand Rep. (Sebastian, I think it was?) and he sent me a replacement wing nut at no cost to me.

No big deal, as the rubber pads on the base of the stand keep the pedals quite secure anyway, but I wanted to be able to pick the stand, wheel and pedals up as a single unit, and be able to store them away, so I was glad to be able to get the pedals securely attached to the base. (I tried to find a wing nut that would fit at a couple of local hardware stores, but to no avail).

At any rate, I don't think you could go wrong with either stand, I can only speak from experience, and I would highly recommend the Wheel Stand Pro 👍 Just make sure that the wheel stand you order will be able to accommodate not only your current wheel, but any wheel you may be considering upgrading to in the near future. Also, be sure and check your package thoroughly when it arrives to make sure that all the necessary parts are included.

Hope that helps

I decided on the fanatec stand. Looking closely at the videos it looks like the Fanatec stand is more stable. The review that kikie posted appears to confirm this. The fanatec stand may also rise a little higher allowing you to use a taller seat. While it appears that the wheelstand pro is less stable it is also more adjustable. The fanatec stand is only stable at 90 degrees while you can set the center post on the wheelstand pro at different angles. I'm quite happy with the fanatec stand.

I ordered the Wheel Stand Pro a few days ago as it was in stock, cheaper, and I've heard about their good customer service.

I would have been happy with either option.

I ordered the Wheel Stand Pro a few days ago as it was in stock, cheaper, and I've heard about their good customer service.

I would have been happy with either option.

The price will vary considerably depending on what attachments you need and where you need it shipped to so be careful with that. For instance I think that the fanatec stand without attachments is cheaper if you need it shipped to the states while I'm sure that the wheelstand pro would be cheaper if you needed G25 attachments and needed it shipped to Canada.

yeah ive watched the vid and im leaning towards the Fanatec stand, like you say it looks a bit more stable. ive checked out shipping to the UK and its around 10 euros, costing about 80 euros not to bad.

further down the line i prob will upgrade to DFGT, not sure if i could convince the wife to let me have a G25 or what ever ends up coming out around GT5 release!! :lol:

I am expecting my Fanatec wheel stand in the next weeks hopefully.
It looked more stable and well built after reading multiple reviews.
I'll drop a note as soon as I did a few laps!

PS: For the less patient of us, you might consider the following. I bought the wheel and was charged beginning of April and I am still waiting for it after 1.5months (I am in the US). Fanatec is also not great at being pro active to inform you of the delay, but they are responsive by email. So I am waiting...

Had a wheelstand pro for a couple of months now and my god it's made a difference. I'd had a G25 for a couple of weeks but was having trouble finding a decent enough mount for it. Bit the bullet and got this. Was very surprised when I got it set up - was a bit fiddly mounting it but once that was on and i sat down to play i was amazed at how sturdy it was - the thing is fairly heavy even without the G25 mounted.

On my carpet it does not move or tip even when giving it some with the wheel. All in all very happy with my purchase.

I've had my Wheelstand Pro for about a month now, and I am completely satisfied with it.
It took a couple of days to arrive, and around 25 minutes to set up with my G25. At least half that time was spent using cable ties to make sure that the cables were neatly routed.
Stability isn't an issue, even with FF at 10.
There's plenty of adjustment available, so it's easy to arrive at a comfortable driving position.
I can fold it down and stow it in seconds.
10 out of 10 in my book 👍.

I watched the video a couple of weeks ago and if I remember correctly, the guys from InsideSimRacing said that you can't mount a Fanatec wheel on the logitech wheel stand pro. But you can mount a Fanatec wheel and the G25 (and maybe others) on the Rennsport Wheel stand.

The Fanatec Rennsport Wheel stand is more sturdy but less adjustable.

I think I would go for the Fanatec Rennsport Wheel stand

I've owned the Wheelstand Pro for a couple of weeks and will give it 10/10 across the board.

Great stability, build quality and adjustabilty with quick delivery and excellent customer service.

I cannot see anyone being dissapointed with a Wheelstand Pro.

another happy wheels stand pro customer here...i did heaps of research before choosing it. The fanatec one looks bulkier and the knob which adjust the height of the stand looks to be in a bad spot. The thing that decided for me was the tilt adjustment of the WSP, where the steering wheel sits and the main column. With the fanatec u get no tilt and the column only moves up and down.

i was surprised at how sturdy it is, when it arrived i was a bit skeptical. i dont drift so the stand is perfect for me.

and the customer service puts most companies to shame..

I have the WSP and DFGT setup and it's rock solid with no stability issues. I'm sure the Fanatec is rock solid as well but I don't think you can fairly say either one is more sturdy unless you've used both.

I picked the WSP due to its adjustability but I'm sure I would have been happy with either.

Just got the WheelStandPro. Very solidly built piece of kit. Will be putting it to use shortly, with the G25. Assembly was simpler than i thought, and i hate putting anything together. Really there was only the shifter assembly that needed to be screwed in.

Ordered mine saturday from the U.S. Wheelstandpro website http://www.wheelstandpro.us/servlet/StoreFront. There physical location is in Dallas, Texas. Anyway, received it on Tuesday via UPS ground.

The model I ordered is the for use with the Logitech wheel. The U.S. outlet has it for 123.99, plus tax & shipping and handling. Shipping to me here in Houston, Texas was $10.78 and tax was another $10, so out the door price came to $142 and some change. That is a discount from the main wheelstandpro site that is in Europe which had a starting price of $150.

So far, I absolutely love this thing, virtually no assembly, only had to adjust it for my driving position and seat (read that as sofa in my living room). Some very vigorous racing showed the platform to be very stable, wheel stayed firmly attached to platform. Folds down in seconds flat with wheel and pedals still in place for easy storage. It was worth every penny, and considering I was about to buy it from the European website prior to learning of the ability to purchase it in the U.S., I can safely say that had I done that and paid more for it, I would still be just as happy, just slightly poorer.

I got my Wheel Stand Pro about a week and a half ago for my birthday and I agree with everything in the above post.

I had one instance of the wheel slipping a little on the side. A little more tightening of the mounting screw and it hasn't done it since.

Exactly what i experenced, FK. I thought the wheel was messed up but i tighten the nut and its perfect. Now i feel like i'm really driving! No more little table with tape, dumbells on top and all over hte place.

Highly recommend!

I'm also a happy G25 owner, looking for a more practical wheel stand. I'm considering the wheel stand pro, however I still have my doubts:

Is it absolutely stable, even when you put it on stone tiles (no carpet)? I find it hard to imagine it won't move at all if it is just standing on the floor??

Thanks!

I'm also a happy G25 owner, looking for a more practical wheel stand. I'm considering the wheel stand pro, however I still have my doubts:

Is it absolutely stable, even when you put it on stone tiles (no carpet)? I find it hard to imagine it won't move at all if it is just standing on the floor??

Thanks!
All four corners of the base are covered in rubber on mine. I can't say for sure how it will handle on tile, but it will be about as stable as you can hope for.

Of course, you could always put it on a rubber or silicone mat.

I have my fanatec stand and use it on hardwood. Its' perfectly stable on that as long as I make sure that the rubber "feet" aren't too dusty. I just brush them off with my hand before I use it.

Thanks for taking the time to reply guys!! :)

Had a bit of a delay in getting my stand ordered, in the mean time i have ordered myself a Logitec DFGT!! :)

Should be ordering the stand monday or tuesday!!

Thanks for taking the time to reply guys!! :)

Had a bit of a delay in getting my stand ordered, in the mean time i have ordered myself a Logitec DFGT!! :)

Should be ordering the stand monday or tuesday!!

Great man. I am sure you will not be disappointed. I had Driving Force GT but thought that that a Clutch is also very useful. So got my refund and waiting for my G25. Price tag was also prtty good but i got mine for $150 off ebay Refurbished

I got the fanatec some time ago.
It's a pretty good product, stability is not perfect like a table but it is far enough to play the game. It is very well built, heavy and sturdy. My wife has actually a hard time moving it. ;) I also got the pedal stopper. Everything works perfect for the Logitech DFP I have now.
I am happy about this purchase, and not only because it allows me to hide the wheel/pedals out of the living room.
My only bad point about the transaction was that it took more than 1 month and a half to get it . Fanatec had some stock and shipping issues (I am in California) for a while and I was getting very little info, and I got it only after bugging them several times by emails. They don't actively tell you what's going on, even if the credit card has already been billed...
So don't freak out if it happens to you, it will arrive and you'll be happy. But I know the feeling...

Got my Wheelstand Pro.

Ordered Friday, Received Today.

Fantastic product, really smart, dead easy to setup & adjust.

Can't fault it at all.

Back