• 11 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strittan

Premium
Sweden
Sweden
Strittan
Even if I think no one gives a damn about this small country in the north, I thought I'd made a similar thread to the "Where's Australia). :rolleyes:

Although we don't have a huge motorsport history, I think there is enough to make some of it worthy of being included in GT5, and we have three car makes you know (Volvo, Saab and Koenigsegg). ;)

GT4 included only two Volvos, and they were highly questionable choices of Volvos if you ask me. An ordinary 240 GLT instead of the legendary Turbo version, and a S60 T5 instead of the S60 R.

They should include cars such as the stock Volvo 240 Turbo as well as the Volvo 240 Turbo Group-A race car. The 240 Group-A won both DTM and ETC in 1985.

240 Turbo Group-A race car
groupa.jpg

Other Volvo classics would be the 850 race car (both wagon and saloon version) and the S40 race car, which won the 1998 BTCC with Rickard Rydell behind the steering wheel.

850 Saloon BTCC race car
850h.jpg

S40 BTCC race car
s40c.jpg

Another notable swedish creation would be the Saab 9-3 Viggen Pikes Peak rally car. 2.0 litre Saab engine with 750 bhp and four wheel drive. Driven by Per Eklund, it won the Unlimited Class in the 80th running of the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb in 2002.

Saab 9-3 Viggen Pikes Peak rally car
85958195.jpg

As for tracks, we have the Scandinavian Raceway in Anderstorp which was a GP track back in the 70's and then we have the not fully finished Gotland Ring on the island of Gotland, which hopefully will become a future GP track. Then a few more, included in the STCC (Swedish Touring Car Championship), such as Mantorp Park, Ring Knutstorp, Falkenberg, Karlskoga and Göteborg City Race Course. And now when we have WRC license, we could perhaps see some winter rally stages in the woods of Värmland?

I hope they add alot more F1 circuits like Monza, Spa, Valencia, Monaco was already in GT4, etc. I want to check out Monaco again in GT5 graohics!!!:dopey: And like you said, I hope there are a lot new countries add. If they can add NASCAR, they should add the V8 supercars, the American LeMans series and other races too.

I was right about nobody cares about Sweden alright. Going off topic in the first reply must be some kind of record! :lol:

Sweden is right by Norway and Finland.
sweden_pol96.jpg

You would think you know where you live.

Here's a thought, why not combine threads? We don't need a thread for every seperate country, if you've not noticed almost the whole world is badly represented in GT, not just Australia and Sweden.
Besides, these threads have little discussional value beyond "yeah I agree", "they should include xx car/track/series" and petty arguments.

Here's a thought, why not combine threads? We don't need a thread for every seperate country, if you've not noticed almost the whole world is badly represented in GT, not just Australia and Sweden.
Besides, these threads have little discussional value beyond "yeah I agree", "they should include xx car/track/series" and petty arguments.
You're right! 👍

Stupid move by me, sorry.

Mod can close this!

EDIT: Someone can report this thread so it gets closed! :)

Even I think you all Swedish-guys are gays, I do love your car industry a lot! I would be very happy to see also some older Volvos in GT5, specially PV544 and Amazon. When I was kid, my Dad had Amazon with 3.5 Rover V8-engine, and my first car with driving-license was 544 with B20 engine and double Strömbergs... my best car ever. I was grazy when I sold it!

I highly agree your car-choices, and I'm hoping to see them there. Finnish Motorsport success in past centuries also owns sooo much to Swedish car-industry!

Thank You 'Big Brother' about your great cars!

I hope your government will come to sane, and buy Saab and Volvo back to you. After that, you all should only buy them like in 'good old days' in 80's, when you hardly could see any other cars in Sweden.

I hope these hard economic times will make people to preciate much more their 'own' industries. It's so stupid to ship some crappy bulk-cars from another side of planet... and same goes to many sectors out of cars too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back