The RUF thread.

If GT5 includes RUF (which I strongly believe it will), but doesn't include the RT-12 or the CTR3, then big fail. I would honestly be very let down. Just as if they didn't model the Ferrari F50 or the Lamborghini Murcielago SV, big fail. You cannot acquire said manufacturers and not include such great models.

RUF will be the most underrated car manufacturer in GT5 if those two cars are added. So many don't understand how strong they are. Well, until they get passed online!

If GT5 includes RUF (which I strongly believe it will), but doesn't include the RT-12 or the CTR3, then big fail. I would honestly be very let down. Just as if they didn't model the Ferrari F50 or the Lamborghini Murcielago SV, big fail. You cannot acquire said manufacturers and not include such great models.

Both will be in.
It's just we haven't seen them yet, just like the Veyron or the F1 (officially) e.g. PD is about to safe at least some supercars for eventually later trailers...a supercar trailer with first officials sightings of those would be cool incl. the introduction of Pagani and Koenigsegg. :)

Both will be in.
It's just we haven't seen them yet, just like the Veyron or the F1 (officially) e.g. PD is about to safe at least some supercars for eventually later trailers...a supercar trailer with first officials sightings of those would be cool incl. the introduction of Pagani and Koenigsegg. :)

The probability of koenigsegg in the game is small, for porsche we have a lot of speculation, interviews and so on, but for koenigsegg we unfortunately still have no idea.

@analog - Man, why I can't tell that Carrera GT is ugly? it looks utterly beautiful to me, and you're the 100th member to say that it's ugly. A german car whose styling is controverse at a point that it is loved and hated, you can call it ugly but still remarkable because it's german-styled.

EDIT: I also like the styling of the gumpert apollo, so you guys can call my design preferences of "weird", because I guess I'm the only one in the whole earth who thinks it looks bad-ass and cool. :cool:

Last edited:
There are a lot of people around here that seem to know everything about cars and various manufacturers so I thought my question could be answered here. Did RUF ever do anything with the 944? I don't even know if that was a fast one or not(probably not because I haven't seen any racing) but I always loved that body style with the headlights laying flat and exposed on the hood and that wide rear end.

The probability of koenigsegg in the game is small, for porsche we have a lot of speculation, interviews and so on, but for koenigsegg we unfortunately still have no idea.

@analog - Man, why I can't tell that Carrera GT is ugly? it looks utterly beautiful to me, and you're the 100th member to say that it's ugly. A german car whose styling is controverse at a point that it is loved and hated, you can call it ugly but still remarkable because it's german-styled.

EDIT: I also like the styling of the gumpert apollo, so you guys can call my design preferences of "weird", because I guess I'm the only one in the whole earth who thinks it looks bad-ass and cool. :cool:

I have never called the Carrera GT ugly, it isn't, i think it looks okay but not gorgeous or anything really special like a McLaren F1 or the Alfa 8C Competitione which although both very different i really like visually as examples of how a supercar could look.
I also don't see how people get excited about a Koenigsegg which in my opinion is just a cliche of what makes a supercar.
The Gumpert Apollo is just plain ugly in my view, but because a car is ugly doesn't mean it can't be interesting.
The Lamborghini LM002 is not exactly an oil painting, but i'd love to have one. ;)

There are a lot of people around here that seem to know everything about cars and various manufacturers so I thought my question could be answered here. Did RUF ever do anything with the 944? I don't even know if that was a fast one or not(probably not because I haven't seen any racing) but I always loved that body style with the headlights laying flat and exposed on the hood and that wide rear end.
Ruf never officially built a model for it, but they do supply parts. RAC here in Dallas built a 944 race car for their group over a year back.
04.jpg

Yeah, they did do this one at least, not sure they offered a full 944 road car, i know they also offered a VW T4 Transporter with a tuned 911 engine in the back.
This was in the late eighties/ early nineties, love one of those...

Ruf 944.jpg

Koenigsegg is more likely to be in than Porsche, at least we don't know anything about an exclusive contract unlike Porsche.

I have never called the Carrera GT ugly, it isn't, i think it looks okay but not gorgeous or anything really special like a McLaren F1 or the Alfa 8C Competitione which although both very different i really like visually as examples of how a supercar could look.
I also don't see how people get excited about a Koenigsegg which in my opinion is just a cliche of what makes a supercar.
The Gumpert Apollo is just plain ugly in my view, but because a car is ugly doesn't mean it can't be interesting.
The Lamborghini LM002 is not exactly an oil painting, but i'd love to have one. ;)

Yeah, Carrera GT isn't ugly, he's beautiful and likes me......mmmyy preciooousssss....

You've just pointed the alfa 8C, which is utterly beautiful and appealing, that's unfair, italians are gods of styling and the 8C is pure art, I would trade two ferrari californias for one of it.

The F1 is not really pretty, it's impressive to my eyes, just that.

Yeah, Carrera GT isn't ugly, he's beautiful and likes me......mmmyy preciooousssss....

You've just pointed the alfa 8C, which is utterly beautiful and appealing, that's unfair, italians are gods of styling and the 8C is pure art, I would trade two ferrari californias for one of it.

The F1 is not really pretty, it's impressive to my eyes, just that.

I've mentioned those two examples also to differentiate between design and styling, the F1 appeals to me on an intellectual basis, being quite compact compared to most supercars and incredibly well packaged.
There's not a single element of that car which isn't well thought out and purely functional, something that's purely functional often is beautiful and timeless if it's well designed, and i think the F1 will age quite well.
The 8C and my personal favourite Maserati GranTurismo are great examples of styling based on history, passion and appeal to me on an emotional basis.
Both may not be the best cars out there, and not even be very functionally in design, but both gorgeously Italian in character.
But to finally get back on topic, i would like to see that VW T4 transporter based Ruf with the 911 engine i'd mentioned before appear in GT, here it is although not strictly in this hearing-aid-beige colour.......

Ruf Transporter.jpg

Here's some interesting news regarding Ruf from the Geneva Motor Show,
the 911 based RGT-8 with a V8 engine!!!!

Here's some info taken from Evo Magazine;

"Ruf's 8-cylinder Porsche 911
Porsche tweaker Ruf makes an 8-cylinder 911, the mighty 542bhp RGT-8 supercar

By Stephen Dobie 08th March 2010

Ruf took this rather intriguing RGT-8 to the Geneva motor show. And while most news coverage from the Swiss show glossed over the Porsche fettler’s produce, this is a pretty key car: an eight-cylinder 911.

It's a 90 degree V8 that manages to fit snugly into the space normally occupied by a flat-six unit. The engine boasts a 4.5-litre displacement, producing 542bhp at 8500rpm and 369lb ft at 5400rpm.

There’s no word yet on what performance the RGT-8 achieves, but its construction is from lightweight materials. Aluminium is used on the door and boot lid while the engine cover and rear spoiler are made of carbonfibre. There’s also a set of light 19in forged alloy wheels (wrapped in Michelin Pilot Sport Cup rubber) which shroud ceramic brakes.

It should be plenty quick, then, but the big news surrounds the shoe-horning of an eight-cylinder engine into the back of (what is essentially) a Porsche 911. Flat-sixes have been a mainstay when it comes to 911 power, but the use of a high-bhp, naturally aspirated V8 in this Ruf could signal a new dawn for Porsche’s supercar when the 998 iteration is launched in the next few years. The RGT-8 produces more power than the most recent 911 GT2 but without its twin turbos.

We should get to sample the Ruf RGT-8 in the not too distant future, with sales set to be underway by 2011."

Ruf RGT-8.jpg

Ruf RGT-8 exterior.jpg

RGT-8 engine.jpg

Should be nice, perhaps a little strange however.... :boggled:

I posted these videos a couple of days ago which gives a bit more of an insight into the car. The discussion is relating to a bit of confusion about the engine layout.

@ CarBastard: Indeed mate, that's why I posted it ;)

15-ruf-rgt-8.jpg

Apparently it's an in-house engine, definitely looks like a V to me! A flat plane crank (like Ferrari use) has 180 degrees firing order rather than 90 degrees like a Rover V8 (While production V8 engines use four crank throws spaced 90 degrees apart, high-performance V8 engines often use a "flat" crankshaft with throws spaced 180 degrees apart. The difference can be heard as the flat-plane crankshafts result in the engine having a smoother, higher-pitched sound than cross-plane (for example, IRL IndyCar Series compared to NASCAR Nextel Cup, or a Ferrari 355 compared to a Chevrolet Corvette)

I'll let the man explain, English speaking guy starts at 55 seconds

Also

Thanks, and there i was thinking i spotted something new and interesting.:ouch:
I initially thought it was based on the V8 of the Cayenne and Panamera, but this is much better, an inhouse design by the same guy responsible for Porsche's 917, 908, etc.
I really think Porsche is watching with keen interest how it will be judged as taking one of the defining elements ( flat 6 ) out of the 911 and replacing it with this flat plane crank V8 will surely stir up some controversy with hardcore 911 fans.
Can't wait to hear it, and i'm sure we'll see this engine appear in other Ruf's as well, and this also proves Ruf isn't just any tuner to those who doubted.👍

The guy in the vid is called Alois Ruf, i wouldn't constantly refer to my last name if it appeared on my own build car by my own company named after my last name, might be percieved as a bit cocky wouldn't it?:indiff:

Don't think so. He already named the car after himself, can't get much cockier than that. Why name the car after yourself if you're gonna call it something else. I just found it funny.

Don't think so. He already named the car after himself, can't get much cockier than that. Why name the car after yourself if you're gonna call it something else. I just found it funny.

So Enzo Ferrari, Ferdinand Porsche, Ferruccio Lamborghini, Ettore Bugatti, etc., etc. are by definition cocky following your, as always incomprehensible, logic ( although some of them undoubtedly were ).
He refered to the 911 because no matter how you regard it, it still is a 911 after all, and he mentioned working to improve the 911 for 47 years and even hired a former Porsche engineer to design this radical engine.
He only paid respect to the basic car he loves and hopes to improve, very funny indeed....:rolleyes:

Last edited:
So Enzo Ferrari, Ferdinand Porsche, Ferruccio Lamborghini, Ettore Bugatti, etc., etc. are by definition cocky following your, as always incomprehensible, logic ( although some of them undoubtedly were ).
He refered to the 911 because no matter how you regard it, it still is a 911 after all, and he mentioned working to improve the 911 for 47 years and even hired a former Porsche engineer to design this radical engine.
He only paid respect to the basic car he loves and hopes to improve, very funny indeed....:rolleyes:

awww. From what I know, when Porsche started, he didn't call his company just porsche. He started a coach building company or something like that with his name in it. People still do that today. He also wasn't the one who eventually shortened it to porsche as far as I know. As for the other two, well, they're italians. Cockiness and arrogance is what they do.
If he didn't call it a RUF, because to you that would be inappropriate, why not call it by the model name? I found it funny that he kept calling it a 911, because of the RUF fanboys usually screaming their lungs out at anyone who menions 911 and RUF in the same sentence.

If you've never met Mr. Ruf or read about the way he talks about the 911, you probably wouldn't know that he has an unlimited amount of respect for the car & for Porsche letting him use the body.

If you've never met Mr. Ruf or read about the way he talks about the 911, you probably wouldn't know that he has an unlimited amount of respect for the car & for Porsche letting him use the body.

I haven't met him but I've read about the history of RUF, because of this thread actually. As far as I can tell, RUF is the equivalent of what alpina is to BMW. They take shells and do what they want with them with full support from the car maker.

I've kept an ear out for any mentions of RUF, but haven't heard anything yet. Although, I believe that almost all if not all of gt4's cars will be included in gt5. So, no confirmation yet that I know of, but I'd bet good money we'd at least get gt4 repeats as standard cars. Hopefully, we'll get more, but I don't know anything yet.

Latest Posts

Back