PS3 Title Update due this week

Vancouver Blade
I wanted to update everyone here to let you know that there will be a Title Update for the PS3 released later this week. The update fixes a variety of issues that I've seen here. I'll get hold of the complete list and post later today or tomorrow.

Vancouver Blade
global community lead
NFS

I wanted to update everyone here to let you know that there will be a Title Update for the PS3 released later this week. The update fixes a variety of issues that I've seen here. I'll get hold of the complete list and post later today or tomorrow.

Vancouver Blade
global community lead
NFS

god bless you sir

Glad to be able to help. If anyone's got any questions they want to raise with me via email you can use Andrew@NeedforSpeed.com.

Thanks about show up!

Nice to know you 'know' us. 👍

Please... make setup changing easier/quicker. It's totally insane that now it's needed to totally jump out of session if you want to change settings. :ouch:

Please2... list about available rooms instead game just throws you to some. It would be so much more pleasant to choose by myself, where to go Online.

Please3... option to make driving-aids restricted when creating race-lobby.

This is excellent. :) Glad to see you are watching the other communities besides your own as well. 👍

Great news, heres a quote from Vancouver Blade over at the NFS forums regarding the damage modeling on the PS3

First; a quick apology for not getting back to everyone on this thread. I've been speaking with the guys at SMS about the PS3 damage issue and they've asked me to let you know that a PS3 Title Update will be made available later this week which fixes the issue.

Andrew

Looks like the bug restricting damge on the PS3 is one of the things in this list.

Well there won't be a Fix list as it updates, but Andrew has said he'll try and get one to us.

Thanks Andrew, much appreciated :)

AutoAki
Please... make setup changing easier/quicker. It's totally insane that now it's needed to totally jump out of session if you want to change settings.

Don't think that would make it in to a patch, Aki. More of a feature and to make it easier, would involve a re-working of the system, which is beyond what most patches do.

damage is working by the looks of it

Last edited:
Anyone have some feedback on how the patch is going? Im unable to try it out as I have to be studying for a class test.

Still getting some pretty awful FPS drops. Must be down to about 20 in places.

I think thats only natural. While we do like our games to be seamless, even GT has moments were the frame rate drops. Just part and parcel with gaming.

20fps isn't that horrible to be honest. I've seen games drop to 10

Just downloading the update right now. Anyone know what else has changed other than the addition of damage?

Seems it was only the damage that was fixed.

This was expected, this was not a true patch to fix or improve the many isues with the game, but rather a quick fix to bring damage to the PS3 version.

Hopefully we will get a larger patch soon enough, wich will remove bugs and improve the overall gameplay, and add features like customicing controls, direct acces to main menu from any point in the game, without having to go back 6 clicks, more space in the garage and so on.

I mean yesterday i got a taste of fps dropping like crazy, wow 20 isnt normal with 15 cars its umplayable. 30 and higher should be k but 20, no way. Well cant to download the damage, it will make the game more interisting. Still hope and prwy that they fix the rest soon. It shouldnt be hard u know.

Didn't he say the phantom grid girls were getting fixed in this particular patch?

I haven't experienced any amazing drops.

The new patch's damage is great - well needed and I wasn't expecting it to be out untill the weekend. One tiny bug I've always had was the sound cutting out for a fraction of a second always at certain parts of the track. While this hasn't completely gone, I have noticed its considerably less.

I'm loving this new update! Everything is great now and the game is so much better IMO. :D

I do have one question though - has anyone else noticed that the profile points now seem to accumulate a lot quicker? I was running a few 1000 and 2000 point threshold events and noticed that I gained 2000 points really quickly..... I'm not complaining by any means though.

I was finding the cars to handle better. Couldn't do anything with the S2000 at Brands Indy last night, jump on it today and bam, get it 3rd go.

Back