• 180 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
England
Emerging from semi-retirement
GTP_DGiant2000
I think not
ringr.png

Everyone loves a trip round the Ring so, just for fun, and seeing as the leaderboards don't work, post your laptimes here and I will keep an updated leaderboard. As per the online events, I have broken it down into the 5 categories by car rating: 4.00, 6.00, 10.00, 14.00 and unrestricted.

Race or Time Attack times count, please include your name, time, car make and car class in your post. I will update the board with the top 15 times in each class at regular intervals.

If you wish to post times for stock cars, please do so in this thread

Andy

Updated to post #145

94512085.png

Last edited:
Ok here it come: nissan silvia spec.r 5.98 - best lap:7.53.168 :) I had a decent 10.0 time too but cant remember it. Will try tonight;)

Works Converted/Nissan Skyline R34 GTR - Rating: 12.50 - Time: 7.45,298

14.00 Cars
Audi RS4/12,86.....7.15,830

There is overall TT leaderboars working.On Nordsliefe im in 765 position right now.One faster RS4/7.12,120.It shows 1000 fastest laptimes.

(unrestricted)
Veyron
With a keyboard !!!!!!!!
7:15.233

You have no idea how hard it is without a controller or a wheel. Seriously... you have NO idea.

Does Shift not have laptime leaderboards?

All I have been doing so far is unlocking tiers and raising enough cash to buy the better cars, so haven't had a good look around the online aspects.

I would have thought extensive leaderboards that are searchable for tiers etc. would be a great long term selling point.

PC version is borked at the moment (since the first patch). Time trials include 8 seconds between the game loading and you crossing the line as part of your first lap. On short tracks no problem, on Nordschleife this means any laptime needs 8 seconds removed because you can only get one lap in during a time attack session.

There is overall TT leaderboars working.On Nordsliefe im in 765 position right now.One faster RS4/7.12,120.It shows 1000 fastest laptimes.

Does Shift not have laptime leaderboards?

All I have been doing so far is unlocking tiers and raising enough cash to buy the better cars, so haven't had a good look around the online aspects.

I would have thought extensive leaderboards that are searchable for tiers etc. would be a great long term selling point.

I believe so however, in keeping with this game, they don't work currently so I thought I'd put one on here. Even so, I thought it would be good to have our own GTP leaderboard, let me know if you think otherwise and I'll stop. If not, I'll keep going!

(unrestricted)
Veyron
With a keyboard !!!!!!!!
7:15.233

You have no idea how hard it is without a controller or a wheel. Seriously... you have NO idea.

:scared: Fair play to you sir!!!!

Great idea for a thread. Good old time trials. I suppose we will just have to trust these are all clean OLR standard laps. Otherwise, great idea.

I'd like to see a stock class added (i.e. run the cars with no added parts at all, quick tune/tune is fine, given stock cars have limited options a real car of the same make would have). That should be interesting to see how well NFS:S models' their cars and physics/tires to the real world. Given the game has a 911 GT2, Corvette and GTR (v-spec) it would be interesting to see how close we get in the game to the real world "best laps" of the Nordschleife.

Anyone else interested?

Thanks for doing this andydavies297

I can add a stock class in, just put stock for the car rating, I wonder if the Zonda R's and CCX' s may dominate but we can try it and see

I got 7:30.186 in a stock Murcielago LP640.

I can add a stock class in, just put stock for the car rating, I wonder if the Zonda R's and CCX' s may dominate but we can try it and see

You'll see the same cars bubble to the top, like all other classes, but there could be some surprises (think top gear leader board). It is good to have it separate from the other classes just to see what the cars are capable of in their stock for closer to "real life" (the assumption being cars are modeled to real world stock specs).

Stock class added but restricted to tiers 1-3, tier 4 cars will be placed in unrestricted as with the online play 👍

Stock class added but restricted to tiers 1-3, tier 4 cars will be placed in unrestricted as with the online play 👍

A few of those Teir 4 cars you can buy in a stock for though. Like the Veyron, CCX, etc. Otherwise I agree.

The rule of thumb I'd use is if it could go around the Top Gear track and get a time on the board according to Clarkson (street legal, non slick tires, etc) then it can be in a stock class. Follow me?

10.0 class: Porsche GT3RS (@ 9.98) 7'19.420
14.0 class: Porsche GT2 (@ 13.83) 7'03.480
Unlimited class: Pagani Zonda R 6'36.180

All were pretty scruffy laps... particularly the GT2, which I'm pretty confident will run sub 7 minutes.

Heh... looks like the GTR is quicker than the GT2 in the game.

14.0 class: Nissan GTR V Spec (@ 13.96) 6'57.980

One lap, with a guessed tune... no fun to drive though... just a matter of managing the weight of the front end and the resulting understeer.

Unrestricted: Aston martin DB9 RACING - 6.28.853 <-briliant car!! 👍
Maserati mc12 - 6.31.392 not tamed it yet.lol

Nissan GT-R R35 tuned to 11.45
7mins 33.390
Stock lp640 7min:23.021, but can get that faster hopefully
Edit, make that 7:20,420 in the lp640

Last edited:
7:07:170

Race mode.

Nissan GT-R V-spec. (Stock)

Car rating: 11.90

-----------------------------------------------
7:41:671

Race mode.

Honda Civic Si. (Fully tuned)

Car rating: 6.78

:)

Last edited:
Sorry Eric, didn't mean to step on your toes. If you want to take over the record keeping feel free, otherwise, I'm happy to keep updating the ring results if you want to do the other tracks, let me know either way. I'll update the results I have so far tomorrow otherwise.

Andy

Yeah, go ahead...I'm not 100% sure I'm gonna follow through anyway. Loved the game at first but it quickly went downhill.

Unlimited: Zonda R Rating: 20+ Time: 6:59,478 :) This car is a MONSTER by the way.... very very quick car!

Good work Andy 👍

One quick comment... seems a bit unfair on the 'stock class' to include cars like the Zonda R which is a barely disguised race car. Don't want to create more work for you (but I will :D), but might be better to have a stock class for each tier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back