Superstars V8 Next Challenge (PS3, Xbox360, PC)

• Thread starter drivatar
  • 775 comments
Superstars V8 Racing gets a successor in Q1 2010. Not much more is known.

http://www.virtualr.net/superstars-v8-next-challenge-coming-2010/

Update:

The game features the Italian http://www.superstars.it/ series.

• released 2/2010
  • developed by Milestone
  • PS3, Xbox360, PC
  • demo available for Xbox360
  • 19 cars on track
  • wet conditions, but no rain
  • tire wear
  • 16 players online
  • password protected lobbies possible

Track list:
Monza (drivable in Xbox360 demo)
Kyalami
Valencia
Varano
Misano
Imola
Adria
Magione
Mugello
Portimao
Vallelunga

Car list:
Audi RS4
BMW M3 E90
BMW M3 E92
BMW 550i
BMW M5
Cadillac CTS-V
Chevrolet CR8
Chrysler 300C
Maserati Quattroporte
Mercedes C63 AMG
Jaguar

http://www.milestone.it/eng/SuperstarsV8NC/SuperstarsV8NC.shtml

Last edited:
First screenshot: Morbidelli's 2009 car (now a BMW, not the 2008 Audi) at Portimão:

picture.php

Also, link for the press release:

http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewstory&threadid=103813

If Next Challenge will include Maserati Quattroporte (only the most beautiful big sedan in the world) in the cars list, I think I can't resist myself from getting the sequel no matter what :P

Plus, they say that more tracks are going to be added and it will be the championship just gone

If that is the case, only one track will be added and that is Imola

I didn't know that.

I have the PC version and Imola is one of the tracks in this game.

It seems that I'm wrong. It's Monza not Imola that's included.

Last edited:
I don't think the graphics are in anyway bad, but preview shots can be deceiving both ways

PS - I like this car. Watched it race here in Portugal and it is HUGE ! :crazy:

picture.php

Achievements for Superstars V8 next challenge.

This is a list of all the achievements of this game with the points that you can earn.

I got a friend of mine to translate some stuff from the Italian video.

first he says that it's not just an upgrade of the previous game, but it's a total new version
then he talks about the tarmac behaving like in reality (wet -> dry changes)
and again the more you drive, the more the track has grip etc
damage affects drivability
it can either be played in arcade mode with all kind of assistance/help
or in a simulation way, so that cars are hard to drive
oversteering if you accelerate too much
and opponents are aggressive, they do not care to play rough
details are high
there aren't many news about the multiplayer, but it seems like they will use a new system in order to avoid lag problems

still no cockpit view ... not that I use it but most people do and I think it's stupid a 2010 game not having it 👎

The sound is much, much better 👍

There is one nice thing about online and you can check it in the achievements list. It will be possible to have "online championships", like we could in TRD3 👍

still no cockpit view ... not that I use it but most people do and I think it's stupid a 2010 game not having it :tdown

Hehe, you better check out the gameplay video that lasts almost 8 minutes again. Little hint, start from 3:20 👍

Online championship sounds nice. Let's hope it has private lobbies, kicking possibility and that AI is still present in online, so that it's possible to get good races with only one friend.

ok, ok, saw it at 3:30 :P thanks! :)

And yes, private lobbies are needed. The other day I was playing online and a guy came with the sole purpose of wrecking all others races. 👎

EDIT - Saw it again, there is more cockpit view at around 4:20 - 4:30

Last edited:
And from 5 min on.

It seems that there are 2 cockpit views. Different FOV. And it's not the simulated G-forces as the player switches from one cockpit view to the other view on the straight just before the finish line (I think), at full throttle.

Never played the first one, i got some questions:
How realistic are the physics (comparable to what game, gt, forza, NFsS, Simbin games?)

And most important, will it support clutch??

And from 5 min on.

It seems that there are 2 cockpit views. Different FOV. And it's not the simulated G-forces as the player switches from one cockpit view to the other view on the straight just before the finish line (I think), at full throttle.

Well, in one he's going full speed (the top, farther back) and in the bottom he's coming out of the corner so it might pull back as you gain speed.

Can't tell, though, to be honest.

Well, in one he's going full speed (the top, farther back) and in the bottom he's coming out of the corner so it might pull back as you gain speed.

If you watch the video, you can clearly see that he changes the camera view. So it seems that there is indeed 2 cockpit views.

hello to everybody:)
in Italy it comes out on February 26 ,among few days an Italian site of videogames it will do' the first critique (if you authorize me do I put the link site here??)
I hope to try soon the game but it seems that Milestone has improved the precedent :tup:unfortunately I don't know anything of the competitions online yet ,they say 16 players but the private rooms I don't know .

I have some games used by to change 💡💡

saluti!! 👍👍

I wonder if there's going to be a demo.

news of today(from mondoxbox)
probable demo for xbox360 released on February 2 for the members gold and on February 9 for the members silver.
any news for the owners ps3.....?

regards 👍👍

I think this version is going to be a superb game. I love the first part and I hope I'm going to love-love this sequel.

Back