chilicoke's G25/G27 modifications video guides (1/18/10, e-brake guide added!)

• Thread starter chilicoke
  • 74 comments
that is awesome, i have a second set of G25 pedals i have from a replacement i got, and i've been wanting to do the reverse mount pedals. good stuff. :)👍

-Robert

Nicely done 👍

Were your pedals marked "A", "B" & "C"?

I was going to write it on mine fo Accelerator, Brake and Clutch, but found this had already been done at the factory
2366085350103429640S600x600Q85.jpg

Couple of observations:

I didn't have to detach the connectors to the individual pedals – the wires were just long enough to rearrange the pedals how I wanted them without doing this.

When replacing the pedal covers, there is of course also the possibility to mod them to match a real car's in size and shape. I cut my brake and clutch pedals to Lotus size
2955596750103429640S600x600Q85.jpg

and modded the accelerator pedal to match the real car's too
2717348830103429640S600x600Q85.jpg

I think what is missing from your guide is the info that the pedals can be reverse mounted with M6 bolts directly into the pedal base. I found getting the right angle for the board then drilling the holes in the right place was the hardest part of the whole inverting procedure. Perhaps you might add some tips about the angle you chose?
2498359270103429640S600x600Q85.jpg

Inverting the G25/G27 pedals is a mod that is crying out to be done and brings huge rewards. I can't recommend it highly enough for improving the gaming feel 👍
2244570760103429640S600x600Q85.jpg

2884479690103429640S600x600Q85.jpg

Thanks speedyK, the video was meant to be a quick run down of the instructions to give those interested an idea of what to do, details are listed in the text instructions so people could scroll though as they work on their pedals at their own speed.

Yes, both my G25 and G27 pedals were pre-marked from the factory. Detach the connectors is entirely optional but I figured I would show the "safest" way to avoid people accidentally yanking on the wires and damaging their pedal set.

Mounting height and angle were left out of the instructions on purpose because every car is different. I felt that those who are willing to go though the trouble to perform this mod would most likely like to replicate their own cars, and that will definitely need some experiment.

My cockpit/pedals were arranged to replicate my Honda S2000, which has very similar seating position to your Elise (from my short drive in a beautiful yellow '03) and is much lower than the majority of cars. But as a reference, I mounted my pedals on 45 degree bars and positioned the top of each pedals to be about the same height as the most forward/highest part of driver seat's thigh support.

Last edited:
Done the G25 shifter mod this afternoon,Only thing that I done differently was to use a ball
bearing instead of a spacer. Just finished giving it a good workout,The increased resistance feel's really sweet, Also the travel in sequential mode seem's shorter and a lot
quieter. Excellent instructions. Good stuff chilicoke.

Cheers John.

Thanks for Shifter video i have made it mod but with another metod :)
I think i will made with this metod :)
If you can post here your Cockpit Size ok ?

Chilicoke,
You're the man!!!!! I have wanted to mod my g25 pretty much since I bought it in early '08
but didn't feel like I could complete it correctly...... But thanks to your great video it was no problem. The few other videos out there are horrible and dont point out all the little things you need to look out for. The shifter feel is night and day difference. It makes the experience much better!!!! btw I ordered a wheel adapter from you, I can't wait for it!!!!

Once again keep up the great work, and I'll be waiting for some more awesome updates!

Thanks for all the mods, especially the e-brake mod. I have to ask, where did you connect the wires to your handbrake at? And what kind of wire was that your using?

Last edited:
Thanks for your mods i will made it ;)
My Cockpit is made on 90% and my next to do list is Handbrake i have some questions can your send me yout ICQ # or Yahoo or Skype IDs ?
Chilicoke Can You Tell Me What Iron Soldering you using ? 12V Or 110V or 220V ?

Last edited:
May I ask where you purchased the rubber o-ring and aluminum spacer for the shifter mod? I really want to do this but don't want to hunt around blindly. Would you supply them if i send you some monies?
fingersx.gif

May I ask where you purchased the rubber o-ring and aluminum spacer for the shifter mod? I really want to do this but don't want to hunt around blindly. Would you supply them if i send you some monies?
fingersx.gif

Why dont you just try a hardware store like ace or home depot he posted what size of parts to get so take that size and call some hardware store and see if they have what you need, A lot easier if you ask me

Why dont you just try a hardware store like ace or home depot he posted what size of parts to get so take that size and call some hardware store and see if they have what you need, A lot easier if you ask me

I was just being lazy :lol: I really dont know what I would ask for when trying to find the spacer. I was hoping he or someone would suggest a common hardware part to use. anyone who has done this mod, what did you end up using for the spacer?

Rubber O ring could easily be found at your local hardware store such as Lowe's, Home Depot etc.

Spacers I cut from a aluminum tube, but can be made out of anything in the shape of a cylinder, even chopsticks.

I did the shifter mod last weekend, and I'm so glad I did. It actually feels like shifting and the gears actually engage reliably and the push-down resistance means shifting from 5 to reverse is a thing of the past.

It took about half an hour to do using parts that cost, in total, 26 cents, which is such a tiny investment for a shifter that works this well.

Rubber O ring could easily be found at your local hardware store such as Lowe's, Home Depot etc.

Spacers I cut from a aluminum tube, but can be made out of anything in the shape of a cylinder, even chopsticks.

I saved a pair of chopsticks after eating pho and cutting a 1/4" piece off worked perfectly. Gracias my friend.

hey chilicoke

I followed your instruction for g25 but mod on my g27 for the ebrake and instead of x button, it did the select button. any idea?

have anyone done the ebrake mod for g27?

Has anyone seen anyone replace the shifter LED's on the G27 with larger ones?

I only ask because if you replace the wheel you loose the LED's, would like to move them onto a plate I've made to hold more buttons.

DSC00255.JPG

tnn
hey chilicoke

I followed your instruction for g25 but mod on my g27 for the ebrake and instead of x button, it did the select button. any idea?

have anyone done the ebrake mod for g27?

It sounds like you mis-wired the ebarake. It's best to take a look over your wiring and check the tutorial again. The G27 is merely an update to the G25 so I don't think logitech has rewired the buttons. I never did the mod myself but that's just my recommendation to check over.

It sounds like you mis-wired the ebarake. It's best to take a look over your wiring and check the tutorial again. The G27 is merely an update to the G25 so I don't think logitech has rewired the buttons. I never did the mod myself but that's just my recommendation to check over.

how stupid I am. yes I mis-wiried, instead of left I did the right... I'm going to open it up again tonight.

thx

Keep up the excellent work mate.

As for the Rev Lights bigger, three ideas come to mind..

1. Some form of magnifiying plastic or glass?
2. If possible use the electronics but rewire with larger LED's with their own mount.

Chillcoke, great work there mate, I'l looking forward to make reverse-pedal mod in next days.

I have one question for you - do you think is there ANY way to make G27's H-Shifter unit sequential and GT5:P/PS3-input compatible?

Since G25 and G27 shifter-units are not compatible have you maybe managed to play with that mod? Tnanx in adv!

Sorry im abit slow about this Ebrake mod. But say i did the wiring and soldering, connected it all up. Where do i put the other end ? how do i connect it to the e-brake ? how does pulling the e-brake trigger it ? Sorry i just cant understand it .

Latest Posts

Back