Adapter to use G25/27 pedals with DFGT: New info

• Thread starter Durandal7
  • 24 comments
Durandal7
Since there are no purchasable pedals to upgrade the DFGTs stock pedals, I wanted to be able to use my G27 pedals with the DFGT without making them unusable on the G27. The G25/G27 pedals have a different pinout than the DFP/DFGT/etc. pedals, so I would have to build an adapter to connect them.

I had several spare DB9 cables that could be used for the project, but I didn't know which wires I needed to connect to which others to make a working adapter. I now have found what I believe are the correct pinouts for both types of pedals(see my last post for the pinouts). My next step is to build the adapter, and I will post results as soon as I can.

Last edited:
Have you tried using GT Pro wheel settings/screen
Cant they be mapped, thats a major concern as I never knew that was a issue with this wheel.

They can be mapped just fine, but Prologue sees a G27 as a G25 in H-pattern mode so they don't function since there is no way to change to sequential mode on the wheel.

Maybe try this as crazy as it sounds.
Plug in a G27 and the DFGT both with their own pedals attached to each other.

This may only work with 1x wireless device and 1x USB not sure it will work with 2x USB devices. Main issue may be the G27 doesnt have a "PS Home" button allowing you to change it to controller 1/2/3/ etc.

As you likely know you can have a wheel and a controller function as device input 1 and share some buttons working on say both a pad and a wheel if you plug in a wheel and set the controller also to "Controller 1" via the "Ps Home" button.

Yeah, the lack of the PS button on the G27 means that I can't even attempt that, though I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work anyway even if there was a PS button.

I think that building an adapter will work just fine, however, since I'm pretty sure someone has said that they use G25 pedals on a DFGT simply by using the wiring from a set of DFGT pedals and plugging it directly into the pots on the G25 pedals(minus the clutch of course, which the DFGT has no ability to use anyway).

Maybe try this as crazy as it sounds.
Plug in a G27 and the DFGT both with their own pedals attached to each other.

This may only work with 1x wireless device and 1x USB not sure it will work with 2x USB devices. Main issue may be the G27 doesnt have a "PS Home" button allowing you to change it to controller 1/2/3/ etc.

As you likely know you can have a wheel and a controller function as device input 1 and share some buttons working on say both a pad and a wheel if you plug in a wheel and set the controller also to "Controller 1" via the "Ps Home" button.

Yeah, the lack of the PS button on the G27 means that I can't even attempt that, though I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work anyway even if there was a PS button.

I think that building an adapter will work just fine, however, since I'm pretty sure someone has said that they use G25 pedals on a DFGT simply by using the wiring from a set of DFGT pedals and plugging it directly into the pots on the G25 pedals(minus the clutch of course, which the DFGT has no ability to use anyway).

Or you could always sell the DFGT and consider getting the new Fanatec Carerra?
Youd then have the benifits of 669 firmware bring over Logitech eh.

Or you could always sell the DFGT and consider getting the new Fanatec Carerra?
Youd then have the benifits of 669 firmware bring over Logitech eh.

I'll admit the firmware sounds nice, but considering the G27s flappy paddles will work with GT5's full version, it's not worth the cost for a quick-fix like that, whereas splicing a cable is easy and free.

Also, according to what I've found on the web, the G25 pedals are electrically if not mechanically identical to the G27's, and same for the DFGT and DFP pedals, so if anyone has pinouts for either version of pedals, it would work.

I think I have found the needed pinouts after a very long search, I will report back after building the adapter. For anyone else attempting to build an adapter themselves, you will need to remove pins 1 and 5 from the DFGT end for the plug to fit into the wheel.

G25/G27 pedals pinout:
1: Ground
2: Throttle
3: Brake
4: Clutch
5:
6: +5V
7:
8:
9: +5V

DFGT/DFP/Black MOMO pedals pinout:
1:
2: Throttle
3: Brake
4: Ground
5:
6: +5V
7: Throttle
8: Brake
9: Ground

That looks like it would be to use the various pedals independently of a wheel on the PC.

It would do nothing for their use with GT on the PS3.

Exactly, otherwise I'd have bought one long ago.

Quick update on my progress: All the spare DB9 cables I had were missing several conductors, so I guess I need to go to Radioshack and get parts to make a fully custom one. On the upside, the adapter will look much neater without spliced cables.

Progress update:

I picked up a DB9 cable at radioshack, spliced it based on the above pinouts and triple-checked the connections with a multi-meter.

Brake pedal worked fine, Accelerator worked backwards :(

If anyone has any idea what went wrong, please post your thoughts.

Since there are no purchasable pedals to upgrade the DFGTs stock pedals, I wanted to be able to use my G27 pedals with the DFGT without making them unusable on the G27. The G25/G27 pedals have a different pinout than the DFP/DFGT/etc. pedals, so I would have to build an adapter to connect them.

I had several spare DB9 cables that could be used for the project, but I didn't know which wires I needed to connect to which others to make a working adapter. I now have found what I believe are the correct pinouts for both types of pedals(see my last post for the pinouts). My next step is to build the adapter, and I will post results as soon as I can.

You can buy high end pedals that work on the DFGT, G25 and G27

such as ECCI, with and without clutch, and extra cables to work on a range of Logitech wheels. Expensive but well worth the cash, with optional load cell brakes and fully adjustable spring tension and position! Pedals are better than what you find in most cars :)

6000_11_m.jpg

http://www.ecci6000.com/6000_momo_01.htm

http://www.ecci6000.com/products.asp?id=12

Progress update:

I picked up a DB9 cable at radioshack, spliced it based on the above pinouts and triple-checked the connections with a multi-meter.

As there is 2 throttle pins and 2 brake pins, the throttle wires might want to be swapped. You got the brake right, so there isn't much else to try.

Can u show me how to wire g25 pedal to dfgt wheel
dfgt have 2 brake and Throttle pins and g25 only have 1.

Last edited:
Progress update:

Hi,

Did you manage to get the G27 pedals working with the DFGT ?

I was able to get my G25 pedals working with the Microsoft Wireless Wheel, my next project is to try and make the G25 pedals to work with my DFP.

Hi,

Did you manage to get the G27 pedals working with the DFGT ?

I was able to get my G25 pedals working with the Microsoft Wireless Wheel, my next project is to try and make the G25 pedals to work with my DFP.

No, I haven't had time to work on that lately, though it seems like without messing around with the internal wiring in the pedals, it may not be possible beyond what I already accomplished.

Good luck though, I'd love to be able to make my adapter work without needing to modify my pedals. The DFP should use the same pedal input as the DFGT, so any info in this thread should apply equally, in fact I used a DFP for testing.

Latest Posts

Back