Gran Turismo 5 Full Game Footage/Images

• Thread starter Sam48
  • 8,194 comments
There's definitely something up with the shadows, they flicker a lot in certain situations, doesn't look particularly nice, I'm sure this will get picked up on more once everyone has the game.
Indeed, shadows don't look so good.
To be honest, we even think that they look worse than Prologue.

Anyway, you'll be able to make yourself an opinion when we publish HD videos later in the week-end...

R0M

Anyway, you'll be able to make yourself an opinion when we publish HD videos later in the week-end...

Strange dude.

Does shadows affect performance?

how'd he get hood cam? or is that a really low roof cam?
Im sure its not roof cam... maybe roof cam can be adjusted just like interior cam and we can get hood cam... it would be great for standard cars

Looks like a hood cam really, but amar said that there's no hood cam, so I don't what was that. Yes, maybe roof cam allows adjustments.

R0M

Can you reach level 20 and then show us damage? :D An Italian guy said that damage gets better as you progress in the game.

Also, which camera view are you using?

Last edited:
Looks like a hood cam really, but amar said that there's no hood cam, so I don't what was that. Yes, maybe roof cam has allows adjustments.

Can you reach level 20 and then show us damage? :D An Italian guy said that damage gets better as you progress in the game.

Also, which camera view are you using?

Dude,

Damage Pictures are already out and they look freaking good.

I heard that at lv30+ you unlock awesome graphics, all cars become premium, and there are all tracks from past GT games.. I wonder did anyone got to lv40 so that we see whats there :)

I heard some thing similar. I heard when you get level 40 you unlock Gran Turismo 6. and then when ever you start the game you pick what game you want to play GT5 or GT6. and in GT6 the graphics are way better and damage is just like real life and theres a livery editior. I hope this is true

I have a request, could someone give me a good screenshot(smth like Nissan previously page) of Lamborghini NOMAD Diablo GT-1, Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary ‘88. Really THX for post any Pics! :)

i heard some thing similar. I heard when you get level 40 you unlock gran turismo 6. And then when ever you start the game you pick what game you want to play gt5 or gt6. And in gt6 the graphics are way better and damage is just like real life and theres a livery editior. I hope this is true

phahaha

owned!!!!

R0M
We often switch to hear the engines.
Usually we use bumper.
In-car view is sometime difficult to drive because of heavy rain/snow or slowdowns /-:

Yes I see, thanks. I asked because I saw a camera that looked like hood camera.

Dude,

Damage Pictures are already out and they look freaking good.

I saw only 2 pics and they look good. That's why I want to see more.

In general terms, I agree with everything you're saying. That's how it's always worked, but the point remains that people high up in the industry are looking for a change.

6 years would make it the exact same time difference as the PS2-PS3 period, which totally contradicts everything they've spoken about. Both MS and Sony execs agree on the subject, things need to slow down. There's always competition going on, which is what forces them to come out with new products in the first place, but when both companies agree it's not the way to go, but it's more than possible for them both to hold out. This is why both companies are constantly updating their current consoles and it's peripherals, they need to keep that new feeling for as long as possible.

As for this gen showing it's age, there still isn't much you can do that the general public will appreciate. You can improve performance but the jump from PS3 to PS4 wouldn't be much of a step when compared to the usual console upgrade and gamers would be more reluctant to make the switch as they were with DVD > Blu-ray. PCs will always be ahead of the game, but consoles are still far more popular, showing that we don't necessarily need to stay at exactly the same standards. Things are better than ever for the 360 and PS3 right now, with games like Call of Duty still raking in money and Kinect about to explode over Christmas.

If they do end up releasing new consoles in 2 years, they'll be doing it reluctantly.

That is true, but the improvement in technology is behind the shortened lifespan. More powerful hardware (at reasonable production prices) = broader possibilities = Huge Marketing opportunities. MS and SONY are competitors and I doubt they will ever have any kind of a binding agreement to slow things down. The only reason that consoles have a 5+year lifespan is to keep the consumers happy with their purchases through hardware standardization. And that satisfaction too, is determined by people's perception on how much to spend on gaming, if that expenditure goes through the roof all of a sudden, we might see even shorter lifespans (like the smartphone market, all about perceived value).

As I see it, life spans are determined by 2 major variables
1. What will be the pricing of the new product.
2. Will it be able to justify the price tag? What new thing is it going to bring.

What the developers want has very little to do with it, developers would also want same architecture on all consoles, easiest possible cross platform porting. MS and SONY only make those kind of statements because the perceived value of the platform goes up because of a longer expected life span, thus those statements themselves are to be able to compete better.

Its very important to have good titles early on. Just imagine, GT6 with twice the content (premium, all the famous race tracks currently excluded) as GT5 with photo mode in game graphics, 24 cars on track, as a launch title for PS4 costing say $399, when would you be ready to buy it? Now imagine the same for fans of other franchises, whenever the answer is "I'd buy the next gen console within the first year of its launch" from say 5-7mn people, its time for next gen.

Advice: my first car was a used Celica, I wanted to go premium but I think thats the fastest off the bat

then I bought a Preem RX-7, older one, put a body kit on the front and rims, lookin niiice!

Lol. "Il est pourrit le bruit!"

Well, it sounds V8-ish in some parts and straight 4-ish in higher rpms...

I was just speculating that maybe thats due tot he camera speaker, because it seems that theres some filter that either emphasizes low end or high end frequencies depending on wat is louder, unless the game is doing that itself, so at low revs the sound is full and thick but then as the high freqs take over the low end is compromised, i really dont know but the 5.1 awaits this one.

Then again cockpit view sound is thin as hell. Hood and chase is where its at for real.

Advice: my first car was a used Celica, I wanted to go premium but I think thats the fastest off the bat

then I bought a Preem RX-7, older one, put a body kit on the front and rims, lookin niiice!

hsoomal, could you do me a huge favour and check the price of the premium Hond Civics? Thanks.

Ok guys stream will end after the nurb' replay.

We have lot of capture/encode to do (-:
We won't miss to post in this thread as soon as content is up on our site.

Thank to all who watched and enjoyed

(We'll try to stream while encoding later)

Latest Posts

Back