The rarest car you've driven/been driven in?

• Thread starter LP670-4 SV
  • 139 comments
2010lynx04.jpg

Mine. One of only 300 or so manual transmission variants ever made. It's cheap... but that's not the question, right? :lol:

Absolute rarest, my bud's car (same kind)... which is the only factory white one with a stick... so it's 1 of 1. :lol:

Last edited:
Probably the 300SL:

800px-Mercedes_300SL_Coupe_vr_silver_EMS.jpg

I was given an offer to drive it but refused based on the value of the vehicle.

Sat next to my bro in his CLK 63 AMG Black Series a few times... Pretty rare car if you ask me... there's only two registered in all of Holland and the other one is a converted CLK 55...

The rarest car I've ever seen is either a jag E-type or a merc 300sl gullwing. Haven't driven any rare cars and the one ive been in would probably be a maserati quattroporte.

Rarest/ most special car i have ever seen IN PERSON is a 67' chevy c10 built on the american tv show "TRUCKS". It's special mainly because of the motor. It has THE FIRST Chevrolet 572 made for production in it. It's known as Copperhead for it's copper color.

Nissan March Superturbo.... nothing special...
Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R not really rare, but in Germany
Nissan Sunny GTI-R (or Pulsar if you call it this way in your country)

Hoonday Genesis Coupe on a test drive, if that counts because I have only seen 1 out in the wild.

Sat in 1958 Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa, one of 20. Will get a ride in the next few months.

Not sure of production numbers but I've driven a Ferrari 360 Spider as well as a F430 coupe.

I've been in an early 90s Zastava Yugo in... well the early 90s! Poor build quality, lack of confort and a really funny siren.

Just remembered...it's not a car, but it is probably one of the rarest production vehicles I've operated...

and that's me operating it. It's a Roof Ranger riding mower...and finding info on these is nigh impossible. I think less than 5,000 made over the entire production run...and that's just a number I pulled out of the air, because I can't find anything! XD

Horrifyingly I think it might be this...

Nissan-Micra_C%2BC_2005_800x600_wallpaper_02.jpg

Although only because not many people are stupid enough to buy one.

My friends father would let me drive around in his Porsche 996. He hated the car as he stunk at driving stick. So he would have me drive around in it. Check the oil, then back in the garage it went.

It was sick fast and a blast to drive. Though the clutch was pretty heavy and the gears were a little sloppy for my liking..

Looked like this, only it was red:

porsche996carrera2.jpg

^Why'd he keep the car then? I can't imagine why he would keep it considering he seem to hate driving it.

Most-Rare, Been In: It is probably a close race between the 370Z NISMO or (at least for now) the rather rare Lotus Evora here in the US.

Most-Rare, Driven: This, I am completely unsure of. The Volkswagen Fox/Gol that I owned was a ridiculously rare car while it was sold in the US, so I'm sure that's up there. Otherwise, it seems like most of what I have driven has consisted of fairly standard production cars.

Horrifyingly I think it might be this...

Nissan-Micra_C%2BC_2005_800x600_wallpaper_02.jpg

For Pete's sake! I respected you back in the time you were driving the Ka, but now you just lost all the ( tiny bit of ) respect you had towards me.

No offense Jon.

Last edited:
The rarest car that I've driven (if driving it 100m into its display spot counts as driving) would be this 1911 Overland Torpedo Roadster. It's one of only six known to survive.
Overland_side.jpg

The fastest car that I've driven was a Lamborghini Diablo SV-R it was an ex-Lamborghini Supertrophy car. I got to drive it from the delivery truck to the workshop, so never got it out of first gear :(

DRIVEN IN:
VW Passat W8 Wagon at Chaplin's VW:
volkswagen-passat-wagon-w8.jpg

SAT IN:
Ford RS200 EVO S at my buddy's place:
07E7E010332661B.jpeg

More on that RS200: It is one of 8 EVO S models and the only blue RS200 in the world. It is also road legal and has been driven on the street by the owner. The clutch is like trying to press a piece of wood so for now it just sits in the warehouse. Awesome piece of machinery. Complete with rally helmets.

I have been inside a Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale. There were also
racing stripes on it.
Anyone know how many were made?

Thread revival!!!

I sat in a Jaguar XK140 Roadster. I started a clk63 Black Series. I've driven a Chrysler Concorde. yes, that's the rarest car I've driven.

Back