There is no damage repair bill!! Read post #1

• Thread starter TiZzla
  • 220 comments
New Zealand
New Zealand
TIZZLAA
Every time you crash your car in GT life mode the cost of the body rigity repair increases. I just bought a brand new premium car and smacked into the wall twice and now the body rigidity costs $20k.

I wouldn't have had any idea if i didn't read about a player smashing their car up for fun and then seeing the body rigidity fee of $400k+!! https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=133361

This may only affect the practice mode but i think it's important people become aware of this before it's too late.

Also i'm not sure exactly how much the body rigidity affects the cars performance. Regardless i think they should have left this out as it's both unrealistic and pretty damn stupid if your racking up a huge repair bill without knowing it.

If this has already been properly covered somewhere please lock the thread.

The mystery has been solved:
Ok, after some study I found this:

1 - The amount of driving or damage does not affect the amount of money to be paid. As soon as you have driven a car you have the option to refresh the rigidity and it will be for a fixed price.
2 - The rigidity fix of all cars bought at the dealerships will cost half the price of the car (Volvo C30, price: 42k, fix: 21k; M3 coupe, price: 92k, fix: 46k
3 - All chromeline cars can be fixed for 500 credits, probably a friendly gesture to all who bought special editions.
4 - There is no indication yet about whether or not (or at which point) the lack of body rigidity will become an issue. But you probably don't have to refresh before you've driven a few k of miles.
5 - I'm not yet sure what the price is for second hand cars, but I'm sure that's related to the price of the car aswell.

edit: I don't know how people came to think it was related to damage. I haven't found any indication of this as of yet.

So basically it seems like it's not related to damage at all. It's like a "restore car to brand new condition" option. Nobody has reported any corresponding performance change, and it IS half the original price of the vehicle. Case closed?

Last edited:
That would make sense why my Civic can't drive past 65mph in 3rd gear possibly? And why I am reading other people having issues starting of the line? There must be somewhere in the game that hows how badly the car is damaged???

Stealth bills :scared:

I thought they were just reserved to my electric company. :ouch:

Well I am glad you brought this to my attention, while I had no intention of crashing anyway, its something to remember. I think I would probably just buy a new car if I got a bill that big.

Every time you crash your car in GT life mode the cost of the body rigity repair increases. I just bought a brand new premium car and smacked into the wall twice and now the body rigidity costs $20k.

I wouldn't have had any idea if i didn't read about a player smashing their car up for fun and then seeing the body rigidity fee of $400k+!!

This may only affect the practice mode but i think it's important people become aware of this before it's too late.

Also i'm not sure exactly how much the body rigidity affects the cars performance. Regardless i think they should have left this out as it's both unrealistic and pretty damn stupid if your racking up a huge repair bill without knowing it.

If this has already been properly covered somewhere please lock the thread.

I thought it's rather logical. You smash up your car, the body of the car's smashed. And in order to improve the body's rigidity, you need to fix the smashed car. Hence, the increased fee.

I thought it's rather logical. You smash up your car, the body of the car's smashed. And in order to improve the body's rigidity, you need to fix the smashed car. Hence, the increased fee.

Sure but a bill of $400k + is not realistic. I'm happy they have included a consequence for crashing but they should at least tell us!

The worst thing is the car gets cosmetically fixed for free. If you had $400k worth of damage to the body underneath im pretty sure you would notice from the outside.

It's logical, its just a bit harsh. admittedly its realistic, although sometimes a game needs to skimp on certain aspects of realism. I would hate a part of the game where you have to run round trying to find sponsors so you can actually afford to go racing in the first place. :scared:

Quick question: Do we have any confirmation on whether the fees are level related like the damage?

If the fees don't start rolling in until level 20 or whenever visible damage is that could help explain why damage is level related to begin with.

Just sayin

Sure but a bill of $400k + is not realistic. I'm happy they have included a consequence for crashing but they should at least tell us!

The worst thing is the car gets cosmetically fixed for free. If you had $400k worth of damage to the body underneath im pretty sure you would notice from the outside.

Sounds realistic if you look at it from the point of view that if you keep crashing your car in real life....Your insurance company will continue to raise your rates and eventually drop you from the insurance plan. Try getting insurance at another company after that....lol. They either going to tell you No, or say you need to pay a crap load of money as a deposit.

Sounds like a great way to promote better driving. If you want to go around and keep smashing up cars, then they going to hit you where it hurts...the pocket.

So it seems as if PD have decided to substitute mechanical damage as a penalty with cost of fixing your "damaged" car later as the penalty for poor driving...

What a half arsed attempt at a damage system. I really want mechanical damage to be in the game but not just one hidden aspect that you aren't even told about. If your car is smashed up enough for the chassis to be effected then you should know about it in the race that it happened in.... like I don't know, your car should look really smashed up and have other mechanical problems and pull to the side because the steering alignment is out etc.

You can't damage the chassis without affecting the steering... yet I bet there is no noticeable difference to the steering. Just pure crap... it seems like this was part of the damage system but the other parts never got there yet this was left in making it confusing and unexpected. How lame!

And yet we have another thread where people complain about the damage. PD and Kaz know what they're doing. They aint letting you off scot-free! You might have your car nice and pretty still, but you'll be paying for it eventually! Maybe the damage is talked about and people just don't read enough or pay attention to the SIMULATION aspect of the game. Maybe you can pick up your book and read. Maybe it's somewhere else in the game that you haven't found.

Extremely fascinating feature right there... Unfortunatly, since I am not very high level yet, I have yet to see it in action, but I think it is a nice little added detail to the game.

Why on earth would you spend money on a chassis overhaul when you didn't notice the performance drop?
Or wash your car when it's not getting dirty for that matter.

But if true, mechanical damage being accumilated when visual damage gets reset every race reeks of an unfinished product. And with Kazunori saying more updates are scheduled / damage coming later? Bah humbug.

I started this thread not to complain but to make people aware of the repair bill they are potentially racking up because the game does not tell you.

And FYI im currently level 7 i just got the game thismorning

Im starting to think it only happens in practice mode. Go and biff a car in practice mode and then see if the body rigidity price increases.....

What a half arsed attempt at a damage system. I really want mechanical damage to be in the game but not just one hidden aspect that you aren't even told about. If your car is smashed up enough for the chassis to be effected then you should know about it in the race that it happened in.... like I don't know, your car should look really smashed up and have other mechanical problems and pull to the side because the steering alignment is out etc.

You can't damage the chassis without affecting the steering... yet I bet there is no noticeable difference to the steering. Just pure crap... it seems like this was part of the damage system but the other parts never got there yet this was left in making it confusing and unexpected. How lame!

Before we say "mechanical damage system = epic fail", we need to remember that mechanical damage appears much later in game, but I'm sure this repair bill happens before mechanical damage appears.

In a sense, you still have to pay the full bill, but you aren't feeling the full consequences on the cars yet. But seriously though, you smash a car to the wall, it's expected to receive enough mechanical damage that would make the car undrive-able. However, PD can't make your car lose two wheels due to licenses. This is probably the limit they were allowed to make for the game.

OP:

You don't think it should cost anything to fix a car you smashed up?? Explain the logic behind that. Lots of car games have repair bills for damaged vehicles.

I seriously doubt you can rack up a bill of 400k for rigidity. GT4 rigidity refresh cost 50k in comparison so Im not sure that the rigidity refresh will be more than 50k no matter how many times you bang up your car, but if you car like 30 cars needing refresh then well, lol good luck. remember GT4 you car would slowly warp it's chassis and if this is in, then the amount of miles you do along with impacts can greatly affect of soon you need to get this done.

What I dont get is why the visual damage gets fixed for free? Now we don't even have a visual indicator to tell us how screwed we are.

:lol: Man this just keeps getting better and better. This is what you all get for thinking this is another Burnout or Need For Speed game.

Before we say "mechanical damage system = epic fail", we need to VERIFY that mechanical damage appears much later in game, but I'm sure this repair bill happens before mechanical damage appears.

FTFY

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't all we are going on that one damage video that mentions not even having to get to level 40 to get damage, just that you have to smash the crap out your car for a long time to get damage?

And in that video that smashed up car still seems to drive just fine with plenty of pickup... so mechanical damage?

OP:

You don't think it should cost anything to fix a car you smashed up?? Explain the logic behind that. Lots of car games have repair bills for damaged vehicles.

I was referring to a bill of $400k. Although thinking about it now thats like having a car that is written off which is realistic.

The question is how much that amount of damage would affect the cars performance.

Im giving the ps3 a break to cool down but i will investigate further. And i am going to try and find the post about the $400k repair bill.

Found it : https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=133361

Last edited:
I got bumped from behind 3 times during one of the FF series races, I hit no one, and my civic has a 10,000 body rigidity bill. Awesome. It'll be cheaper to buy a new civic if I get hit 3 more times.

So it seems as if PD have decided to substitute mechanical damage as a penalty with cost of fixing your "damaged" car later as the penalty for poor driving...

Not really, alot of people have been having issues with top speeds, acceleration and launch acceleration.

Mechanical issues.

I dont like the way they went about it.

They could have let it be known, and give a bill at the end of the race with the choice to pay or fix later.

Someone said their Civic racked up a 40k bill, what the hell get a new civic you can get 2 premium Type-Rs for that much!!! What kind of a lesson in green living is that?? :lol:

This system is weird.

s
2-so i have small damaged but when i went to fix it it cost 500,000CR why in the name of god !!

this is a real bad feature in GT5 to fix cars i have to race for ever !!

my challenger cost 27000CR, 350z 17000CR, Bugatti Veyron 500,000CR !!

Last edited:
Back