Which car to use in ''Like the Wind'' lvl 21 A-SPEC Mode?

My ZR1 is fully modded and just 824bhp at 1100kg.

I modded it first fully foolishly and then did racing modifications (first car i had done) and then switched everything back up again, but still can only muster 824bhp.....

am i missing something? need it for this event!

Like the wind is made easy if you have about 600k to spare. Purchase the Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09 from the dealership for 184,800 credits. Then put the race modificationsnon for around 385,000 credits, I believe. I can't remember the exact price. The buy all the remaining upgrades for it, including chassis reinforcement and soft racing tires. Now for the tuning:

For Daytona:

Aerodynamics: 35F/53R
Transmission: 261 Top Speed
Initial Torque: 10
Acceleration Sensitivity: 20
Braking Sensitivity: 10
Right Height: 5F/5R
Spring Rate: 16.6F/14.4R
Dampers(Extension): 9F/7R
Dampers(Compression): 9F/7R
Anti-Roll Bars: 3F/5R
Camber Angle(-): 2.0F/1.5R
Toe Angle: 0.0F/-0.30R
Brake Balance: 5F/7R

For this track, using this set-up, you should be able to easily win if you cut across the grass where possible.
As for the Indiana Speed Way, I don't remember what I did tuning wise, so just look that up and it will be somewhere on the Internet.

I hope I was able to help somebody!

ZR1 RM used for the event. This thing is beast.

Minolta for grinding before American Championship gets unlocked.

Both fully tuned, by the way.

I just tried this last night and beat it easily. ZR1 RM fully tuned - only adjustments were 35 front down force 55 rear.

Daytona took a few tries simply because I wanted to mash the throttle out of the turns and I would spin. I finally decided to feather it a little and it was no problem after that.

Indy was easy - only took one try. All I had to do was let off the throttle a little in a coupple corners and keep it pinned the rest of the time.

Despite what people say about it being easy, its quite difficult. It took me 5 or 6 attempts to complete. I prevailed in the end but it took those few attempts to get used to the track in the car as well. I used the Gillet Vertigo, but Gear Ratios and downforce needed adjusting

I use the BMW V12 LMR race car I got for a 1000k ticket. I adjusted my gearing a bit and the car does at least 208-218 mph in the corners and 235 mph in the straights. No AI car stands a chance.

i used the mazda furai for both. bought all upgrades and used soft tires. Full downforace and max speed to about 240. I was able to beat both by a few seconds and i'm a crappy driver. for Indy, mash the gas and never look back. just don't set the high speed too high or you'll take too long to pick up speed.

Anyone mentioned the Formula Gran Turismo?

The top speed is "just" 350 km/h, but it can make the Indy turns in this speed.

Ive just this minute golded Daytona and Indy with the Corvette race modded. For those who don't know when you finished, the Toyota Minolta you win will be an easy grind on the Indy, I've got so far in front I've nearly lapped the slowest car. 70,000 per win every 3.5 minutes.

furai on indy and veyron on daytona got the win for me on first attempts. Great stuff in this thread - thanks for the info.

I'm actually quite upset that I didn't use the Furai prior to this - at level 24 for both specs. I didn't know that it handled so well.

Someone on here won with a fully tuned ZR1, I tried and failed hard.

Veyron is too slow in the corners and the GTR is too slow on the straight.

Any advice on which car to use?

I have 2.5 mil credits

Thanks in advance. :)

Try and borrow an X1, did that with my friend. You pretty much lap them.

I did this race relatively early. I managed to find a Lamborghini Diablo GT1 "Nomad" in the UCD for 500k. Of course it had some miles on it but with some tuning it was a very capable car. For Indy, I ran up the gearing to top out at around 250 and dialed max downforce. I had to draft the lead cars for about a half lap just to get up to speed (because of the tall gearing & high downforce/high drag set up) but pretty much drove flat out on Racing Medium Tires. The trick is to drive off line down the straight to keep the other cars from drafting you and just maintaining and building your lead a little bit at a time.

Back