GTP's GT5 Public Drift Settings Depot

• Thread starter nk4e
  • 1,028 comments
I can post my current tune later tonight, its still alittle rough though. :indiff:

Sweet, I would appreciate that :) 👍

By the way... I don't really know how to do setups so can anyone explain how to make a typical drift setup and then which settings to tweak if you are not satisfied?
Would REALLY appreciate that help so that I can start to tune some of my cars and maybe share it here :)

Sweet, I would appreciate that :) 👍

By the way... I don't really know how to do setups so can anyone explain how to make a typical drift setup and then which settings to tweak if you are not satisfied?
Would REALLY appreciate that help so that I can start to tune some of my cars and maybe share it here :)

Just posted a Viper GTS tune, tried it?

Well, looks like we have Nissan fans out there. It is good to see some variety in cars. Have we fulfilled the requests yet? Shoot me a PM instead on posting it in here. Thank you and drift on:tup:

'66 Shelby Cobra 427

Power: 557hp
Weight: 1003kg

Parts to buy:

stage 1 weight reduction
Body reinforcement
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter Sports
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Fully Customisable Transmission
twin plate clutch
semi racing flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
fully adustable suspension
comfort hard tires

Settings:

Ride height: -20/-20
Spring rate: 4.8/4.2
Shock bound: 4/4
Shock rebound: 4/4
Camber angle: 3.5/2.0
Toe angle: 0.00/0.20
Anti-Roll Bars: 6/4
Top speed transmission: 300 km/h

Brake ballance: 5/5

ABS: 1

Tuned on a Fanatec PWTS wheel.

Use 3rd gear almost everywhere, but drop it to 2nd when you loose revs.

If you want to save money, you can skip the Exhaust parts, stock is powerfull as it is, but I had a tuned one
so I used that

Have fun trying it, and let me know what you think of it.

'10 Mercedes-Benz SLS

Power: 581hp (stock with oil change)
Weight: 1313kg

Parts to buy:

stage 3 weight reduction
window weight reduction
Body reinforcement
Carbon or normal color hood
twin plate clutch
semi racing flywheel
carbon drive shaft
comfort hard tires

Settings:

Ride height: -15/-15
Spring rate: 11.2/11.5
Shock bound: 5/5
Shock rebound: 5/5
Camber angle: 3.5/2.0
Anti-Roll Bars: 6/4

This tunes works on a wheel and a controller, 4th gear on most corners.

Good luck trying it, and let me know what you think of it.

Last edited:
'94 McLaren F1

Power: 639hp (stock with oil change)
Weight: 970kg

Parts to buy:

stage 3 weight reduction
window weight reduction
Body reinforcement
comfort hard tires

Settings:

Ride height: -25/-25
Spring rate: 17.3/17.7
Shock bound: 6/7
Shock rebound: 6/7
Camber angle: 3.5/0.5
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/3

Tuned it using a wheel, this car a b***h to stop spining out, but lots of "manual" traction on the back wheels and now it's a fun drift car. 2nd gear is the one for this car.

Good luck trying it, and let me know what you think of it.

AEM Honda S2000
Power: 450bhp

Parts to buy:

Titanium Racing Exhaust
Stage 1 Turbo kit
Fully customisable gearbox
Fully customisable LSD
Fully Adjustable Suspension
Comfort Hard Tyres

Settings:

Ride height: -25/-25
Spring rate: 15.0/20.0
Dampers (extension): 8/8
Dampers (compression): 8/8
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/6
Camber Angle: 2.5/0.5
Toe Angle: 0.12/0.20

LSD Setting:
Initial Torque: 0/15
LSD Accel: 0/50
LSD Decel: 0/35

Transmission: Set to 199mph

Brake ballance: 10/10

TCS: 0
ASM: 0

Downforce: 15/40

Brake Balance:
Front: 4
Rear: 6

This Setup is for a controller.

Tried and tested on the famous Tsukuba Circuit. Good Fun!!

thanks a lot you guys, I'm an absolute noon when it comes to this drifting thing on GT5 and could do it to save myself, I have a g27 and am pretty handy at the racing and was almost going to give up on the drifting. now with some setup tips from here and a half an hour I am able to drift full corners with reasonable ease. so thanks again and hope to see some of you on PSN. ( I am new there too so if you want to add me that would be great)

I Just got the Mazda BP FALKEN RX-7 '03
can anyone post drift settings I use G27 thanks I love this car in gt4 was the best

These tunes are for use with a wheel. I use the original GT3 Logitech 200 degree wheel FYI...

These cars were requested so I thought I would help out and post up some tunes.

Nissan Skyline GT-R (R33) '95
415 HP/362 TQ : 1244kg
Stage 3 Weight reduction
Window Weight Reduction
Do not install the Chassis Reinforcement for this car it upsets the balance for some odd reason.
ECU upgrade
Stage 1 tuning
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Stock Turbo
Fully Customized Transmission: Top speed set to: 174
Clutch: Single-Plate
Flywheel: Sports
Adjustable LSD: Front: 5/5/5 Rear: 10/40/35
Torque Sensing Center Differential: 10/90
Carbon Drive Shaft
Suspension: Stock (It's just perfect, why mess with a good thing)
Brake Balance: 2/8
Tires: Comfort Hard/Medium

this setup is ive found is slightly to tail happt so reduce bhp to about 320 and adjust the tourqe disprution to about 15/85
this was when i had only just started ut put to 10/90 and high rpm turbo when more experienced

Last edited:
Before I update the list, can someone tell me if we got those request down or are they pending?

Requesting a car tune with car for a intermediate drifter.
Any car, As long as its something i can drift, I've tried the 350Z and i can drift with that well and the BMW Z4 '03 (both from this thread) and ferrari scuderia tune is too much, Or im using it wrong.

Any car, As long as its something i can drift, I've tried the 350Z and i can drift with that well and the BMW Z4 '03 (both from this thread) and ferrari scuderia tune is too much, Or im using it wrong.

How do you define intermediate? Because you can change a car's characteristics just by adding more power or taking it away. Settings help you but it won't determine your car of choice nor style.

What problems are you having with the Ferrari? It's my tune, so I am wondering. Can say that I av having problems with one of the BMW Z4 tunes, can't make it drift.

How do you define intermediate? Because you can change a car's characteristics just by adding more power or taking it away. Settings help you but it won't determine your car of choice nor style.
Well something easy enough like the fairlady Z 350Z but with a bit more challenge, Obviously no matter how simple you make a Ferrari F1 to drift its going to be hard.
I cant really explain it, But i mean a tune and a car that is higher then a beginner level to handle, But not hard around intermediate.
What problems are you having with the Ferrari? It's my tune, so I am wondering. Can say that I av having problems with one of the BMW Z4 tunes, can't make it drift.
I think its wayyyy to twitchy and sensative for me, But i think its because ive not drifted enough. I found i couldn't control it and it was all over for me. I plan on giving it a go, I'll give more feedback tomorow.

Back