Lvl 20 damage unlock FINALLY debunked

• Thread starter danowat
  • 54 comments
I knew it, all this hear say rubbish about damage unlocking at Lvl 20, thankfully Sony have finally debunked it, so can we just forget about all this damage unlocking rubbish.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/113/1137446p1.html

What that article doesn't make clear is that damage does, in fact, intensify as the player progresses to higher levels. Yes, damage does occur right from the beginning, but at that point the deformation is so understated that it's pretty much unnoticeable.

One question, if i damage my Car on Arcade mode, i need to pay to fix it?
or no?
I hace a Camaro Z28 '69 and a Mercedez AMG Stealth model

No, it doesn't, the damage is the same at Lvl1 as it is at Lvl40

Sony has since clarified to IGN how damage works in the game. "Damage occurs to cars right from the beginning," Sony said in a statement, "it is not "unlocked."

No, it doesn't, the damage is the same at Lvl1 as it is at Lvl40

No, technical analysis's evaluated different damage levels and several users have already uploaded videos of more extensive damage.... 👍

That article at IGN doesn't say anything.

Apart from the quite clear, cut and dry statement that damage DOES NOT unlock.

The point to note aswell is that, even for premium models, its a two tier damage system, premium production cars have a much less destructive damage system than premium race cars, hence the reason you get the "Lvl 40 damage" video of people driving that WRC car.

It only feels like it unlocks at higher levels, racing cars have more damage than normal premiums which have more damage than standards.

Apart from the quite clear, cut and dry statement that damage DOES NOT unlock.

The point to note aswell is that, even for premium models, its a two tier damage system, premium production cars have a much less destructive damage system than premium race cars, hence the reason you get the "Lvl 40 damage" video of people driving that WRC car.

Nobody really ever claimed it unlocked, but rather it became more sensitive as you progress. So you don't have to do 150mph into a wall to get a wonky bumper. Even Kaz said it gets more extensive later on, which is even more official.

Definetly a difference in:
Standard vs. Premium Road vs. Premium Race

No question about it, but i'm willing to bet that the damage is tuned per event. High level events allow more damage quicker.

What that article doesn't make clear is that damage does, in fact, intensify as the player progresses to higher levels. Yes, damage does occur right from the beginning, but at that point the deformation is so understated that it's pretty much unnoticeable.

I've had pieces fall off my car at low levels.

This whole thing was never more than a myth, it didn't need debunking because it was a stupid rumour in the first place. I can't believe anyone even considered giving it credit.

Which brings us to a more important damage issue with PD boasting about their damage system would be the most complex in a driving game with the deformity happening exactly as it would in real life depending on the angle and speed of the crash. This is BS because although it looks good, it just doesn't happen this way. I've crashed my premium Focus RS WRC head on into a barrier and came away with little more than a twisted bumper at one side.

I'm at level 21 and I haven't seen any deformation of my car at all, let alone body pieces falling off. I've had some really hard collisions too.

I think it's level 22 to unlock.

fry-see-what-you-did-there-scaled.jpg

I'm level 17 and saw my first damage tonight. In the S license SLS test around Nurburgring I went into the back of a car and there was some pretty serious deformation of it's rear bumper. Weird because I've made contact with cars plenty of times and not seen any before now.

I suggest EVERYONE go online with one of your premium cars and start smashing it around. The damage in GT5 is great and I never experience it until I was racing online and noticed how just a small hit of the wall will dent your car. Im at level 15 and if I smash any one of my cars (haven't tried a standard one yet though) they all damage just as bad.

The whole "damage gets unlocked at higher levels" deal was just said by people in denial about GT5's damage system being average at best. This article proves that level 1 damage = level 100 damage. It sucks but this is what we're stuck with.

The damage is great but it takes too many hits. At higher level it is suppose to take less hit to get same damage. That's what many have observed ;)

So far, I´m in level 19, with almost every event finished(except the extreme events and B-Spec), but I´ve never had any damage on my cars, other than a light scratch on my first car, a premium miata that I raced on monza, since I´ve never played on that track before, I accidentally hit the barrier on the first chicane. I hardly ever crash, but for what I´ve heard and seen on youtube, it takes alot to even make a scratch on any car. Now, for mechanical damage, is that really true? Did it really happened to someone already? And "unlocking" damage at certain level does not make any sense.
The damage itself does not make sense, specially for people who don´t crash. I don´t think I will be seeing any damage on my cars(and I´m personally not crashing them on purpose. I have GTA4 for that). It would be better to have an option to turn the damage on or off, and specially to set the intensity.

Back