Where are all the events?

realwerewolf

(Banned)
Im only @ lvl 18 and I barely have any events left, for a game that is supposed to be huge and took so long, there is not a lot of events, and some only have one race. The economy is whack, and more importantly, where are all the events? some cars are grossly overpriced, and seems like being able to make credits online should have been in this game.

I will need to race older events over and over just to get a decent car to finish off a few events. Is there more hidden events Im not seeing?

Last edited:
Nah, its very few events. And that means grinding the same over and over. Gets boring fast. And the events with only 1 race is pathetic. Lets just pray they will add more in a DLC.

Im only @ lvl 18 and I barely have any events left, for a game that is supposed to be huge and took so long, there is not a lot of events, and some only have one race. The economy is whack, and more importantly, where are all the events? some cars are grossly overpriced, and seems like being able to make credits online should have been in this game.

I will need to race older events over and over just to get a decent car to finish off a few events. Is there more hidden events Im not seeing?

Ive not found any "maker" events yet. Im thinking about counting up the total events in Prologue. Since this had loads of maker events as well as the normal challenges it seemed to have more to do?

Read the news page - the Sebastian Vettel challenge gets opened at level 30. So between 30 and 40 there are still a few options maybe.

Yea we have loafs of group B cars and next to no events for them. The included events force you to do things you font want to and don't give you chance to use your arsenic properly

Ive not found any "maker" events yet. Im thinking about counting up the total events in Prologue. Since this had loads of maker events as well as the normal challenges it seemed to have more to do?

in practice you can choose one make races

You start practice, choose map, then "One Make Race" at the bottom (should be 3 small squares, each is a game mod). Doesnt seem to work on all tracks or with all cars tho.

You only get the full experience points when you gold licenses or win the races. E.g. I only completed b license and only just started the Amateur races, and I'm already up to Level 14.

The thing is also, it probably would take them a day or or two to make a new event. All they need is a new graphics for the event, then a selection of cars and choose the track. No real excuse for them to not have several car make events.

You start practice, choose map, then "One Make Race" at the bottom (should be 3 small squares, each is a game mod). Doesnt seem to work on all tracks or with all cars tho.

Do you get XP or Prize money for this? Otherwise it seems slightly poinless. The AI will still be pants so I might as well time trial.

The number of events is by far my biggest gripe with the game. Alongside the track creator an event creator would be awesome too. How hard would it really be to implement? You plug in a track, create some restrictions, hand pick competitors or even have them generated, pick an ai level, amount of laps and your off. You could even to championships this way.

The number of events is by far my biggest gripe with the game. Alongside the track creator an event creator would be awesome too. How hard would it really be to implement? You plug in a track, create some restrictions, hand pick competitors or even have them generated, pick an ai level, amount of laps and your off. You could even to championships this way.

The number of events in this game is pitiful:

GT5 = 45 events many with only 1 to 3 races (plus specials and endurance)
Forza 3 = 220 events many with 6 or more races

Unbelievable

Yeah this is dissapointing.
It really isn't that hard to complete all the events.

It's been a long time since I played gt3/gt4, but I sure as hell remember there being alot more events. Dissapointing there are no makers events as well...

I expected this game to take like agesssssssssss to finish

Gran Turismo 5 does not do AI, nevermind AI levels :yuck:

If you want events, create some lobby's and put your event in the description. Race against friends and strangers. Sure, you won't get any cash presently, but at least the events will be in greater quantity. Or is this a whiny thread about wanting someone to do it for you?

...an event creator would be awesome too. You plug in a track, create some restrictions, hand pick competitors or even have them generated...

If I recall correctly GT2 had an event generator along these lines. I haven't played that game in so long I don't quite remember. Anyone else remember that? Anyone...? anyone...? Bueller?

If I recall correctly GT2 had an event generator along these lines. I haven't played that game in so long I don't quite remember. Anyone else remember that? Anyone...? anyone...? Bueller?

You're right. You unlocked it in GT2 after you got the Super License.

Sometimes I think I got a totally different game then everyone else. I don't get it. I got the game on the 24th and have played the game all but two days since then. Here's where I'm at:

All licenses except S (mostly bronze and silver)

Level 15 A-Spec

Level 3 B-Spec

Aproximatelly half of the Special Events (mostly bronze and silver)

And I have only completed a handful of events! Maybe 4 Beginner, 3 Amatuer, 1 Professional and 1 Expert! I haven't even gone online yet! I own about 12 premium and 20 standard cars. And, I haven't sold one car yet.

So, I don't get it. I don't understand what I'm doing differently. Am I 100% satisfied with the final product? No. Are there things that can be fixed? Yes. But I am having fun and from where I sit there are still tons of things to do before I get remotely bored.

Side note. Engine sounds are vastly improved over previous versions. I must have different hearing also.

Edit:

Side note 2. I've seen pop-in and pixelated shadows but no screen tearing. I see tons of complaints about screen tearing but I haven't seen any yet.

Events will be added dynamically. PD said that there's online interaction when showing menus. So, when showing an event page a number of events could be retrieved from the server. They could add an infinite amount of event if they want to.

Back