How to upload GT5 replays straight onto youtube

Status
Not open for further replies.
United Kingdom
Bristol UK
GTP_Chris
Hello everyone,

so i figured i was gonna give the "export replay" feature a try and upload it directly to youtube...

Well, i copied the replays on my USB stick, but i cant really figure out how to get them into an .avi or other familiar file format.

Any help or guide would be much appreciated and it will be highlighted in my first post in this thread for everyone else to see.

Chris :cheers:

Yeah, we know that ,but there is no way that you can put your saved replay on a flash drive, and put in on your PC and change the format or something, and upload?

apparently it really doesnt work!

Googled last night hours to see if i could convert those replay files but no chance. And for some reason those replays are only 1-4mb in size... even though they last almost 8 minutes :sly:

thanks guys!

Chris :cheers:

I'd say that the replay files only contain what the car actually does, then simulates it again when showing a replay. Therefore keeping the file size incredibly small. You'd actually need to render it to upload it.

I don't know how often I've told people this, but I'll try again. A replay file is only a set of instructions, not a video. The only thing that can understand what to do with the replay file is a PS3 running GT5. It is impossible to convert a replay file to a video file. Not even Chuck or Jack could do it.

The only way to get a GT5, or any other GT, replay to youtube is to record it using a camera, an HD PVR, a PC graphics card with video in, or some other video recording device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back