"Fine Details" by gtsomething [Updated Dec31]

gtsomething
Last edited:
Read your guide. Had to come here take a look and wow... I'm impressed. Those are some of the most realistic looking ones I've seen. Really, great job. I'm hoping you add that "How to make images look Real" section to your guide soon :)

NSX shots are GODLIKE! love the tunnel ones,

also read your guide very usefull for me taking shots thanks mate

glac

I'm just throwing it out there, but between you and Franz... I'd say Canada has a hell of a strong presence in the Photomode forums :D.

Excellent shots, the NSX being a particular favourite of mine 👍

These are great and really appreciate the fantastic guide you put together! Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the comments guys!

*hands Pongo a tissue* don't cry :guilty:

Anyways, I absolutely fell in love with this Evo, the photo travel mode shots of this thing are epic, but those are coming later...

Nürburgring Nordschleife_4-2-2 by gtsomething, on Flickr

Nürburgring Nordschleife-2 by gtsomething, on Flickr

Nürburgring Nordschleife_2 by gtsomething, on Flickr

And on the backside... all it takes is one prick in a GTR to ruin your car for the entire race.

Nürburgring Nordschleife_3-2 by gtsomething, on Flickr

Great thread, superb looking pictures.

And i agree about the last shot, its because that photo location gives way too much reflections, that the car doesnt stand out anymore in the photo. I have had problems with it too.

As i said, great thread. Keep it up!

Wow, funny that you guys say this but my favorite of the lot is your last pic. I like it's 'temple' feel. like that is the car Lora croft is going to get out of lol

I've yet to be satisfied with that location. I hate how it turns dark, I wish they would allow a day/night setting since its obviously already made in the game.

Amazing pics dude. Like many others I seem to have stumbled upon this thread from your camera guide! Thanks, and keep uploading the pics.

Great thread, superb looking pictures.

And i agree about the last shot, its because that photo location gives way too much reflections, that the car doesnt stand out anymore in the photo. I have had problems with it too.

As i said, great thread. Keep it up!

Yeah, I agree that it's a problem with the reflections. They just look...off

Wow, funny that you guys say this but my favorite of the lot is your last pic. I like it's 'temple' feel. like that is the car Lora croft is going to get out of lol

Hmm, that's an interesting way to look at it lol. I should find a 'lara croft' like car and do that location xD.

I've yet to be satisfied with that location. I hate how it turns dark, I wish they would allow a day/night setting since its obviously already made in the game.

Yeah, same with the Redbull location. As much as I would love a control of time, I feel like, if we did get this feature. All of a sudden there would be a large increase in photos taken at dawn/dusk, or also known as the "magic hour" for car photographers lol. I know I would take advantage of it :sly:

Amazing pics dude. Like many others I seem to have stumbled upon this thread from your camera guide! Thanks, and keep uploading the pics.

Thanks! aaannnddddd uploaded new pics I shall... / did lol.

Took these last week, but only got around to exporting them this week. I give to you, my second yellow car in a row...

Gran Turismo 5 Lotus Elise by gtsomething, on Flickr

San Gimignano - Town Square_15-2 by gtsomething, on Flickr

*Bites nails* my my it is sexy...

I like all of your yellow elise shots i just wish it didn't have the tuner body kit pieces. Does it have a matte yellow paint? a lot of the finer details look lost or were contrasted out?

The white wheels look really good on the yellow though 👍

That yellow is just so eye catching. Nailed the lighting in that location! There are definitely some fine details showing through!

I like the third shot.

Thanks!

great pics
i just read your guide, it helped me understand some things that were unclear
thx

Good to know the guide went to good use. I'm still updating it, so check it time to time!

[empty space];4411404
I like all of your yellow elise shots i just wish it didn't have the tuner body kit pieces. Does it have a matte yellow paint? a lot of the finer details look lost or were contrasted out?

The white wheels look really good on the yellow though 👍

Thanks! I like the aero parts on this car actually, most of the time I tend not to put them on if it makes a dramatic difference to the cars image, but I couldn't help myself with this Elise. It's just... mmm... lol. Um, I don't know about the paint, I don't think it's a matte yellow, just not a super glossy yellow.

And yes you're right, certain details were contrasted out, but I have a reason for it! ...Which shall remain secret for now.

That yellow is just so eye catching. Nailed the lighting in that location! There are definitely some fine details showing through!

Yes! I love the yellow. Apparently Yellow is the first colour the human eye notices on... something. I forget. Thanks for the comment!

Adding in a FC. ...they didn't quite turn out as nice as I had in mine, buuuuuuuuut, can't be perfect.

Kyoto - Gion_2-2 by gtsomething, on Flickr

Kyoto - Gion_4-2 by gtsomething, on Flickr

Kyoto - Gion_9-2-2 by gtsomething, on Flickr

Kyoto - Gion_11-2 by gtsomething, on Flickr

Back